We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Fans Believe Christina Aguilera Is Getting The MTV Video Vanguard Award At This Year's VMAs

Honoring a legend.

Honoring a legend.

Christina Aguilera is looking red hot right now. She has also promised on several occasions that she'll unleash new music this year. Could there be a better time than at the MTV VMAs? The answer is no, especially if she's the next recipient of the coveted Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award.

The accolade is given to musicians who have inspired a profound effect on the MTV culture. In the last five years, MTV has honored Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Kanye West and Rihanna with one. Xtina could be next.

The smoking gun? Christina suddenly started following the @VMAs account on Twitter this week. She only follows 24 people in total.

She also began "liking" fans' Tweets about her new music:

Something is definitely coming, and Christina deserves this. Obviously take this with a grain of salt, but this could explain why one of our favs has taken so long to resurface.

The 2017 MTV Video Music Awards will be held on August 27, 2017 at The Forum in Inglewood, CA.

Do YOU hope Xtina gets ? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Well she deserve it more than Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, Kanye West & the other girl named Beyoncé. :trash:

But Missy Elliott, Marilyn Manson deserves it more and even Joseph Kahn should have it. :gloss:

Whatever, this award is irrelevant nowadays. :overitkbye:

Not to be negative but Christina's relevancy has faded so much it wouldn't make sense...the vanguard has always been given to people with historic/big careers (which Christina had at one point) but the award is given out to people who still hold cultural relevancy in the year that they are presented with it. Christina career highlights in the past DECADE have been being a coach on the Voice and being a feature on a couple popular songs. Doesnt sync up with the billing and marketability of the Vanguard. 

If MTV was smart they would give it to Jay-Z. He has career that deserves it just as much, if not more than Christinas, and he is uber relevant right now with the Beyonce/4:44 headlines. A legacy performance of his greatest hits mixed with a visual presentation of 4:44 and the affair controversy would pop ratings and create the big VMA water cooler talk that has sparingly happened since Miley's twerk

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole point of the award is that it's given to an artist who had really well known, iconic and memorable music videos? Or is it just supposed to be an award for someone very successful regardless of their videography or not? Apart from Dirrty I can't remember Xtina having any iconic videos.

1 minute ago, Isla. said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole point of the award is that it's given to an artist who had really well known, iconic and memorable music videos? Or is it just supposed to be an award for someone very successful regardless of their videography or not? Apart from Dirrty I can't remember Xtina having any iconic videos.

Exactly this, tbh

I don't remember any Xtina video except Dirrty, and that was just a cheap Slave imitation

I love Legend X but im not sure about this one. Her videos didn't really stand out until Dirrty and havent been that innovative since Not Myself Tonight (and even thats a stretch because it was Madonna's Vogue meets Human Nature, and yes I know Xtina said she was paying homage to Madge).

1 hour ago, Isla. said:

i agree.

if they give it to people who were famous for a period of time, then they should give it to Jessica Simpson too. 

Otherwise, xtina doesnt even have any iconic or memorable thing. the only memorable thing about her is the feud between britney and her. and its still britney related. :tiffcackle:

18 minutes ago, 3Pney said:

i agree.

if they give it to people who were famous for a period of time, then they should give it to Jessica Simpson too. 

Otherwise, xtina doesnt even have any iconic or memorable thing. the only memorable thing about her is the feud between britney and her. and its still britney related. :tiffcackle:

Nnnn Jessica Simpson :orangu: 

This makes no fucking sense. Dirrrty is her only memorable music video. They need to stop giving out this award every year. It's a prestigious award. If they keep handing it out to people who don't deserve it then it's going to lose it's value. :lessons:

The only people who TRULY deserve this award are Michael, Madonna, Britney, Beyoncé, and Lady Gaga:lessons:

I don't understand how they haven't given Gaga this award yet? She is literally the ONLY musician that has brought back music videos as an art form. It's just a slap in the face that they haven't given it to her yet.:lessons:

f**k Xtina, Go Gaga :lessons:

Why are people saying Dirrty is her only memorable video?

Beautiful was one the first videos by a mainstream artist to feature two men kissing and Lady Marmalde is one the most iconic female collaborations of all time.

It makes no sense to me, she has just like 3 relevant music videos in 18 years, and she's no longer a relevant personality/musician.  I know MTV is decaying but this would be too much.  Missy Elliot, Marilyn Manson or Eminen deserve this award way more than her. :lemmetellu:

I don't know how I feel about this one. :bthink: There are others who should be awarded before Christina. I'm not saying she hasn't earned one, necessarily, just not before other acts.