We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JessicaPetterson

Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha Tease "Back To You"

1 post in this topic

Hear tiny snippets of the new single, out July 21.

Louis Tomlinson readies his debut solo single.

It won't be long until the world finally hears what a solo Louis Tomlinson record sounds like. Said to be a mid-tempo jam about returning to your roots, Back To You was today teased by Louis, along with a few quick snippets of the music video:

#Backtoyou ?

A post shared by Louis Tomlinson (@louist91) on

July 21st

A post shared by Louis Tomlinson (@louist91) on

Wearing a Michael Jackson in Billie Jean t-shirt and with a One Direction certification plaque displayed in the background, Louis looks set to provide an insight into the life of 1D's most prolific songwriter.

Tomlinson, 25, recently spoke to UK publication The Observer about his time in the band:

“In the last year of One Direction I was probably the most confident I ever was. And then it was: ‘OK, hiatus!’”. “It wasn’t necessarily a nice conversation. I could see where it was going. If you’d asked me a year or 18 months ago: ‘Are you going to do anything as a solo artist?’ I’d have said absolutely not.”

Tomlinson ended up being the second member of the group, after Niall (third if you still count Zayn), to release solo material. He collaborated with Steve Aoki on Just Hold On, which ended up serving as a tribute to his mother, after she tragically lost her battle with cancer in December last year.

“I remember saying to her: ‘Mum, how the f*ck do you expect me to do this now?’ And she didn’t swear much, my mum. She’d always tell me off for swearing. And this time she was like: ‘You’ve got to f*cking do it, it’s as simple as that.’ It was football manager, team talk stuff.
“I’m not gonna claim this is all for me mum. But it was definitely...It was...”

Bebe Rexha also offered up a more accidental teaser of Back To You when she accidentally burst into song during a live stream recently:

Oop!

Back To You drops July 21.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.