We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
JessicaPetterson

Kesha Premieres Stunning Video For New Song "Praying"

"This song is about hoping everyone, even someone who hurt you, can heal."

Kesha finds strength she's never known on first new single in four years.

Fans threw themselves behind 30-year-old Kesha back in February 2016 as she bravely battled against her record label and former producer in court. Throughout her personal and professional trials, music fans made it clear they were still invested in Kesha continuing as an artist. Several other musicians, such as Lady Gaga and Zedd, also supported the singer as she found her feet again.

Kesha comes back now with a stunningly strong new single from forthcoming album "Rainbow, called "Praying". The single features a truly thrilling vocal performance that will likely see her top many best-of music lists by the end of the year.

Kesha also wrote a heartfelt essay about the song, in which she describes channeling her darkest moments to find artistic and personal clarity:

"I have channeled my feelings of severe hopelessness and depression, I've overcome obstacles, and I have found strength in myself even when it felt out of reach. I've found what I had thought was an unobtainable place of peace. This song is about coming to feel empathy for someone else even if they hurt you or scare you. It's a song about learning to be proud of the person you are even during low moments when you feel alone. It's also about hoping everyone, even someone who hurt you, can heal. This song is about me finding peace in the fact that I can't control everything — because trying to control everyone was killing me. It's about learning to let go and realize that the universe is in control of my fate, not me."

Read her full statement HERE.

The music video features words from her essay as a spoken intro. Kesha's lifeless form slowly comes to as her mind wakes up. The video ends with religious imagery of Kesha walking on water:

Welcome back, Kesha.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

I love that she has such a strong message, but the video is essentially still the Kesha we know. Bright colors, shiny costume, animal masks. It makes me happy to see that she is still herself.

The GP won't eat this up, but THIS IS BEAUTIFUL :sobbing: Hopefully I'm wrong and she goes #1, cuz the song deserves it.

I'm glad she's not leaving her whole concept of bright colors, glitter, animal imagery.

I never like Kesha's music usually, and don't check for her, but this completely hooked me emotionally. The visuals, and especially the VOCALS. I Was blown away, so beautiful. 

She sounds good and i'm glad that she's doing her own thing but i this song is boring. Yes she's trying to have some depth in her music  but this song isn't my cup of tea.

i hope she will do well tho