We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
breatheheavy

Ed Sheeran Was Bullied Off Twitter And Lady Gaga Has Something To Say About It

5 posts in this topic

Leave Ed alone!

Leave Ed alone!

Ed Sheeran has faced a lot of criticism on the Internet, and he's tired of it. The Grammy Award winning singer told The Sun in a new interview he quit Twitter because of the immense hatred he received.

“I’ve actually come off Twitter completely. I can’t read it,” he said. “I go on it and there’s nothing but people saying mean things. Twitter’s a platform for that. One comment ruins your day. But that’s why I’ve come off it. The head-f*** for me has been trying to work out why people dislike me so much.”

People in his actual life are a lot nicer to Ed. “I have people like my dad who will have a conversation with me. I don’t have to have someone calling me a whatever,” he added.

Where did this stem from? Little Monsters. “Lady Gaga’s fanbase read an interview in which they assumed I was talking about her and they all f***ing hate,” he said. “And it wasn’t anything to do with that at all. So I think Twitter gets on a massive steam roll of assuming things and then you get in the s***.”

Here's what Ed previously said that Little Monsters assumed was about their idol: “I don’t want to be the artist who had two big albums and then went up their own are," he said. "I have to know when to listen to people. Otherwise I’ll end up like artist that you’ve interviewed over the years who you’ve seen be the biggest artists in the world, and then suddenly they’re like ‘I know everything!’ And then they’re no longer the biggest. The smartest thing to do is listen to people who know what they’re talking about.”

That quote inspired an uproar, despite Ed never mentioning her name or likeness in any obvious way.

Gaga is not having it. She took to social media to defend Ed and encourage her fans to spread love.

"What an incredible talented artist I LOVE ED @teddysphotos deserves all our love and respect like all humans do," she wrote. "I wish all people on the internet would be positive and loving and apart of creating an online community that is kind and empowering, not hateful and mean. No reason to tear down an artist simply because they are on top. Work harder to be kinder everybody. That should be your first duty to humanity."

See the snap below:

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

She is really teaching her fans how to be better people, and not only them but everyone else, im proud of her.