We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

JessicaPetterson

Remy Ma Beats Nicki Minaj's BET Awards "Best Female Rapper" Winning Streak

24 posts in this topic

Yikes.

Remy Ma beats Nicki Minaj at the BET Awards.

The ongoing beef between rappers Remy Ma and Nicki Minaj might be on again. Tonight, an ecstatic crowd went wild as Terror Squad's Remy Ma - who has taken several shots at Nicki recently - surpassed Minaj to win the BET "Best Female Rapper" award.

Remy's win breaks seven years worth of wins for Nicki in that category, who probably isn't too upset considering she's still the female artist with the most Hot 100 hits, surpassing legendary singer Aretha Franklin.

The feud dates all the way back to 2007 when Nicki took shots at Remy in an early mixtape. Since then the two have traded insults and compliments until Remy delivered the scathing "Shether" back in February this year, which took ever possibly shot imaginable at Minaj.

See Remy's emotional acceptance speech below:

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

Does anyone outside of the underground hip hop scene even know who she is? She has zero appeal and will forever be limited to underground music while she soaks in her sorrows. 

So, Iggy with Fancy, a fucking #1 song for weeks and so many copies sold around the world didn't win on this category over Minaj, but this bitch does? 

I mean, f**k the black lives matter... and it should be #PEOPLElivesmatter !!! Just because Iggy is white, she was snubbed, but when a black arist like Beyonce or Rihanna or even Nicki don't win over an white artist then the black people call us racists! 

Well... f**k you 

I do feel like they made her win just to cause some kind of drama. I don't know who votes at the BET Awards but if it's the people I do find it weird that people would suddenly get behind Remy Ma while we all know Nicki Minaj is the one everyone talks about and has that mainstream presence. I Feel like the BET Awards wanted to add their participation in the now-dead Remy Ma/Minaj feud. To be honest, Minaj has won 7 times in a row (when at times she didn't even deserve to be nominated) and she loses the year her feud gets the most press?  

5 hours ago, Style. said:

So, Iggy with Fancy, a fucking #1 song for weeks and so many copies sold around the world didn't win on this category over Minaj, but this bitch does? 

I mean, f**k the black lives matter... and it should be #PEOPLElivesmatter !!! Just because Iggy is white, she was snubbed, but when a black arist like Beyonce or Rihanna or even Nicki don't win over an white artist then the black people call us racists! 

Well... f**k you 

Um, this is the Black Entertainment Television awards so if you wanna know why Iggy didn't win... 

And technically if Iggy could/should win for her success then obviously Nicki should've won again this year since her sales are monstrous compared to Remy, who I don't think has ever had a hit1 

Black Lives Matter is said in relation to aspects of society where black people are mistreated or targeted unfairly, usually involving police brutality/corruption. 

I really don't think this has anything to do with Iggy.

6 minutes ago, JessicaPetterson said:

Um, this is the Black Entertainment Television awards so if you wanna know why Iggy didn't win... 

And technically if Iggy could/should win for her success then obviously Nicki should've won again this year since her sales are monstrous compared to Remy, who I don't think has ever had a hit1 

Black Lives Matter is said in relation to aspects of society where black people are mistreated or targeted unfairly, usually involving police brutality/corruption. 

I really don't think this has anything to do with Iggy.

I was just about to comment this, but you beat me to it. Although, I wasn't going to address the second part of that user's post because ignorance is, unfortunately, a characteristic that a few words can't fix. 

8 hours ago, Style. said:

Well... f**k you 

I totally agree with you about Fancy and Iggy at the BET. When I watched the clip with Minaj sipping tea, I felt weird because it seemed like an Iggy humiliation and everyone was down for it. It was disrespectful and if people believe she shouldn't have won because she's white then I don't understand why she was nominated in the first place and even why it isn't called racism. 

I can't agree with you on the BLM movement, from what I understand from reading articles online, the movement should have stayed confined to places where police brutality against black people was happening, but with social and even mainstream media, I  think the way everyone started talking about it just made it dangerous. Because so many contradictions came out of it. It was important to address police brutality but everyone just took the opportunity to say everything and its contrary. 

The category is "Best Female Rapper" not most successful. So many of you are attacking her lack of success compared to Minaj, but it doesn't seem to me to be at all relevant. The only awards show based solely on the sales and chart success is the Billboard Music Awards.

1 hour ago, janetjackson said:

The category is "Best Female Rapper" not most successful. So many of you are attacking her lack of success compared to Minaj, but it doesn't seem to me to be at all relevant. The only awards show based solely on the sales and chart success is the Billboard Music Awards.

Neither are the VMAs, but Beyonce won Video Of The Year with fucking Single Ladies... cause why not, right?! 

The award is irrelevant to me since CupcakKe wasn't even nominated but some trash like Remy and CardiB (who has 2 good songs) were

18 hours ago, Style. said:

Well... f**k you 

Iggy is not a rap artist. I dont care what anyone says. And fancy is not a "Rap" song.  If it is to you, I guess Britney's  "Freakshow" is as well.

20 hours ago, Style. said:

Well... f**k you 

woooooooooow , chill out

that was a rude reach with the black lives matter. Nobody says Iggy didnt win cause she's white. Black Lives Matter is a movement for sometimes life and death situations for some people and has nothing to do with petty rap beefs or awards/album sales. 

Eminem has performed and been nominated a bunch of times there

2 hours ago, jordeezy said:

The award is irrelevant to me since CupcakKe wasn't even nominated but some trash like Remy and CardiB (who has 2 good songs) were

cuppcakke did deserve a nomination but I can see her getting one next year. All she needs now is to hop on a remix of a more popular artist 

On 2017-6-26 at 9:14 AM, Style. said:

Well... f**k you 

Iggy is sh!t tho, she's seen as a joke because she's an Australian that raps in a ghetto American accent. She doesn't deserve to win anything and as if the bitch would win a BET award when she has offended black people with comments she made.  Eminem not winning one, now that's a damn disgrace.

It sounds like you need to spend less time on the internet cos in the real world people aren't screaming racism and looking for things to be offended over. It seems this has become your reality and you are sounding like a bitter keyboard warrior. Maybe stop focusing on other people so much. The BLM movement isn't anything to do with this, and that's how it's obvious you're bitter, and agree with it or not, people died, kids lost parents, parents lost kids, saying f**k BLM make you appear to be very self righteous, have some class. It think it got hijacked by idiots are making race relations worse not better but to say f**k the whole thing is just stupid, as black are minorities in America, and that's why it's called black lives matter, not screw other races. And tarnishing all black people as if they all cry racism is ridiculous, cos I know plenty who don't even care about BLM, you're just being ignorant as f**k.

19 hours ago, Style. said:

Neither are the VMAs, but Beyonce won Video Of The Year with fucking Single Ladies... cause why not, right?! 

Which video should have won then?

6 hours ago, confidentnotcocky said:

Iggy is sh!t tho, she's seen as a joke because she's an Australian that raps in a ghetto American accent. She doesn't deserve to win anything and as if the bitch would win a BET award when she has offended black people with comments she made.  Eminem not winning one, now that's a damn disgrace.

It sounds like you need to spend less time on the internet cos in the real world people aren't screaming racism and looking for things to be offended over. It seems this has become your reality and you are sounding like a bitter keyboard warrior. Maybe stop focusing on other people so much. The BLM movement isn't anything to do with this, and that's how it's obvious you're bitter, and agree with it or not, people died, kids lost parents, parents lost kids, saying f**k BLM make you appear to be very self righteous, have some class. It think it got hijacked by idiots are making race relations worse not better but to say f**k the whole thing is just stupid, as black are minorities in America, and that's why it's called black lives matter, not screw other races. And tarnishing all black people as if they all cry racism is ridiculous, cos I know plenty who don't even care about BLM, you're just being ignorant as f**k.

I wasn't trying to offend you or the black community directly or indirectly. I was just mad about this situation. Also, I'm not some Iggy stan or Remy Ma's... whatsoever, but Remy winning best female rapper FOR FUCKING WHAT?! Damn, her songs are about Nicki, she got some press because of Nicki, I heard about her because of Nicki, and the ceremony gave to this bitch the award Nicki deserves? 

That is why I said it should be a movemnent or something like this with: people lives matter! I'm sorry, I'm not racist or something but this whole situation GOT ME MAD, plus my freaking exams at the uni are not-so-awesome.

I'm sorry, again, if my post offended you guys!