We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JessicaPetterson

Artists Unite For Grenfell Tragedy Charity Single

14 posts in this topic

Robbie Williams, Louis Tomlinson, Jessie J and more cover "Bridge Over Troubled Water".

Stars cover a classic to raise money for London victims.

After the June 14 tragedy of Grenfell Tower, where 79 people lost their lives, Simon Cowell has tapped his best A-list contacts for a heartfelt charity single.

Within a week, Cowell managed to bring together over fifty names including Rita Ora, Robbie Williams, Jessie J, Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne, Pixie Lott and Craig David.

The single is a cover of "Bridge Over Troubled Water", the iconic signature song from 70s duo Simon and Garfunkel. The star artists are also joined by a 300-person choir.

Listen below:

All proceeds will go to the London Community Foundation.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

4 hours ago, Breathe on me u toxicbitch said:

do we now need a charity single for everything nowadays? they could just donate...

What's to say they aren't also donating money? I think charity singles can be amazing opportunities for artists to collaborate and make a difference. Sometimes they come off as messy, but in general they're commendable as far as I'm concerned.

5 hours ago, Breathe on me u toxicbitch said:

do we now need a charity single for everything nowadays? they could just donate...

I don't know but

is really touching :wendycry:

The UK just can't catch a break at the moment :(  I'm proud of how my country has responded in such times of horror & disaster 

The audio video on youtube has been blocked in my country (even though i live in the UK), does anyone know where i can listen to it?

I think it's lame and tacky BUT the government aren't helping them and it goes to those poor victims and they need all the help they can get so I hope it slays.

21 hours ago, Days with Destiny said:

What's to say they aren't also donating money? I think charity singles can be amazing opportunities for artists to collaborate and make a difference. Sometimes they come off as messy, but in general they're commendable as far as I'm concerned.

what is it with this ''making a difference'' sh!t all the time. These celebs could just donate silently like Celine and Britney do all the time. It's this making an event out of everything sh!t...

On 6/22/2017 at 8:36 AM, Breathe on me u toxicbitch said:

what is it with this ''making a difference'' sh!t all the time. These celebs could just donate silently like Celine and Britney do all the time. It's this making an event out of everything sh!t...

I hate to point out that both Celine and Britney have participated in several charity singles over their career. Also, what's wrong with artists using their platform to promote things that they genuinely care about. Any of them could donate as much money as they can, but if they promote causes to their fans AND donate then even more money can be raised. God forbid these celebrities use their fame for anything good. And if they don't do something then they're heartless. It's really a damned if you do damned if you don't situation.

On 2017-6-21 at 11:58 AM, Breathe on me u toxicbitch said:

I agree tho, the only "charity" single I need is one for the lgbtq community.

Imagine:

Britney, Kylie M, Madonna, Lady Gaga, Mariah Carey, ... and any other gay icon coming together to have a pride single. writing this makes me wonder how such thing didn't happen already?!:ponderney:

15 minutes ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

Imagine:

Britney, Kylie M, Madonna, Lady Gaga, Mariah Carey, ... and any other gay icon coming together to have a pride single. writing this makes me wonder how such thing didn't happen already?!:ponderney:

+1, what are they waiting for? :lessons:

Yet we already have an anthem (even though no one knows it):

I've listened to it now. It's a good tribute and the video was sad too. But I think Stormzy ruined it. 

On 24.6.2017 at 9:50 PM, Days with Destiny said:

I hate to point out that both Celine and Britney have participated in several charity singles over their career. Also, what's wrong with artists using their platform to promote things that they genuinely care about. Any of them could donate as much money as they can, but if they promote causes to their fans AND donate then even more money can be raised. God forbid these celebrities use their fame for anything good. And if they don't do something then they're heartless. It's really a damned if you do damned if you don't situation.

it's that #activism I hate