We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
breatheheavy

Katy Perry Changed A Lyric In “Swish Swish” Performance For Taylor Swift

17 posts in this topic

Katy Perry meant what she said.

Katy Perry meant what she said.

Following a years-long feud with Taylor Swift, Perry is ready to bury the hatchet. After bringing up the drama in a couple of interviews leading up to Witness, the pop star has decided to move on. She apologized on-camera despite Taylor's passive aggressive move to include her music onto Spotify and Amazon the night Perry's fourth studio album dropped.

"I am ready to let it go," Perry said in an interview Saturday with Ariana Huffington on The Thrive Global Podcast. "I forgive her and I'm sorry for anything I ever did, and I hope the same from her. I think it's actually like, I think it's time. There are bigger fish to fry, and there are real problems in the world."

Fans believed her recent release, "Swish Swish," featuring Nicki Minaj, takes aim at Swift. Perry has denied any association, but for good measure she changed one of the lyrics at her surprise concert on Monday.

Instead of singing the line "Don't you come for me" in the first verse, Perry sang, "God bless you on your journey, oh baby girl."

Watch:

Here's to hoping Swift writes a "Bad Blood" followup that plays nice. Oh, who am I kidding...

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

She acted like an adult and apologized for a feud she didn't start.

Hopefully Taylor will act like a grown up too and will apologize too and end this petty "feud". :unbothered:

But why is she changing the lyrics since it was supposed to be against bullies in general and not Swift directly? I mean there's a huge space between saying sorry and trying to end a feud, and literally starting to kiss and lick your ex- arch-enemy's ass. This is pathetic. And yes she changed a line but the rest of the song is still very offensive. This doesn't make sense at all and I feel really bad for her promo. :roflney: :byebitch:

I love Katy but if you write a bitchy song SING a bitchy song. She is definitely NOT a unapologetic bitch. She literally sings the obvious SHEEP line right before that.

no....just no Katy :byebitch:

Sooo she went from saying "I don't have a Taylor diss track on Witness" to then releasing a Taylor Swift diss track... To then apologizing, and basically admitting  Swish Swish is aimed at Taylor by changing a "shady" lyric in the song, after said apology? 

tumblr_oix8dkCYS81ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Someone's thirsty for any attention - and she's desperately pulling any stunt to get it :riha:

9 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

She acted like an adult and apologized for a feud she didn't start.

Hopefully Taylor will act like a grown up too and will apologize too and end this petty "feud". :unbothered:

Say what? Acted like an ADULT? You must have missed something, because going on TV bragging about being innocent and bringing back a 2yo story is not what we can call 'acting like an adult'. That's just ove-calculated to promote her single.

Her and TayTay need to team up for a surprise girls anthem :slayney:

5 hours ago, MissDarcy said:

Say what? Acted like an ADULT? You must have missed something, because going on TV bragging about being innocent and bringing back a 2yo story is not what we can call 'acting like an adult'. That's just ove-calculated to promote her single.

Taylor started it and never had the balls to say Katy's name and kept on hinting at who it was misteriously to boost attention to her and her album, but once her album cycle was done, she never talked about it again, as she didn't want "any part of the drama" that she started. :awks:

Now that Katy is speaking about it and actually confronting the situation and saying her side of this "feud", people bash her because she wants "attention".:mhmsureny:

Taylor should just apologize and accept the apology and move on like a grown up. :unbothered:

11 hours ago, Streets said:

Sooo she went from saying "I don't have a Taylor diss track on Witness" to then releasing a Taylor Swift diss track... To then apologizing, and basically admitting  Swish Swish is aimed at Taylor by changing a "shady" lyric in the song, after said apology? 

tumblr_oix8dkCYS81ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Someone's thirsty for any attention - and she's desperately pulling any stunt to get it :riha:

In a matter of a week should be added...

1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

In a matter of a week should be added...

She released Swish Swish like days after she said "I don't have a Taylor diss track on this album" :riha: