We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

JessicaPetterson

Louis Tomlinson Signs With RCA Records; Working on Debut Album

10 posts in this topic

He also filmed a music video.

One Direction are 100% solo acts.

Harry Styles, Niall Horan and Liam Payne all made May 2017 a very busy month for 1D fans, with all three dropping new singles. However, One Direction's primary songwriter, Louis Tomlinson, remained quiet and mostly MIA.

Now, it appears the 25-year-old is gearing up to drop a single soon, and what better way to get fans hyped than to announce a new record deal?

Tabloid The Sun confirmed today that Tomlinson has signed with RCA Records as his new US label, and would be remaining with Simon Cowell's Syco Music back in the UK.

"I’m very happy to have signed. I’m excited to be continuing my relationship with Syco, and also working with the brilliant team at RCA in the US. I’ve been working really hard in the studio and can’t wait to show you what I’ve been writing. As always, I’d like to thank the fans for their unbelievable support.”

Rumours swirled that Louis would be staying with Cowell, after he served as guest judge alongside Simon for stints on The X Factor and America's Got Talent last year. After Harry Styles signed with Columbia Records, and Niall and Liam went to Capitol Records, Louis is now the only remaining member of One Direction to be working with Cowell.

Ironically, this also means Louis is now labelmates with his former bandmate Zayn Malik, who signed with RCA back in July 2015, just a few months after permanently exiting One Direction. While the two seemed to repair their post-1D rift a few months ago, it's doubtful we'll see a surprise collab anytime soon, considering how drastically different their solo styles are.

Tomlinson served within the group as their most prolific songwriter, penning a whopping 38 songs over 1D's five best-selling albums. Louis would often team up with Liam Payne, who dabbled in the production side of the creative process.

Louis was recently spotted in his UK hometown of Doncaster late last month, filming a music video in an array of colourful, sporty outfits:

He also let fans know he was working on a photoshoot...

Sick shoot today with a proper nice crew ! Coming soon .....

A post shared by Louis Tomlinson (@louist91) on

...as well as his debut album:

It appears Louis's new single may also be his heavily speculated collab with Bebe Rexha. The No Broken Hearts singer was spotted in Doncaster too, and recently retweeted fan art calling Louis a member of her squad:

This isn't Louis's first foray into solo work. In December 2016, he released Just Hold On with EDM producer Steve Aoki. The song debuted at #2 in the UK and has over 200 million Spotify streams.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

8 hours ago, PussyLova said:

RCA.... HE'S ALREADY DOOMED!:meltdown:

f**k that shitty label

Hope he and his fans are excited about the lack of promo/budget and professionalism that RCA will bring to the table. 

I give it a few months until, 

"We at RCA and Louis have mutually agreed to part company at this time."

^ Due to his album bombing hard :gloria: 

29 minutes ago, Godney's Sweet Ass said:

Hope he and his fans are excited about the lack of promo/budget and professionalism that RCA will bring to the table. 

I give it a few months until, 

"We at RCA and Louis have mutually agreed to part company at this time."

^ Due to his album bombing hard :gloria: 

Can't be any worse than Syco Music lol :weirdmeout:

Have they had any recent hits???

3 hours ago, JessicaPetterson said:

Can't be any worse than Syco Music lol :weirdmeout:

Have they had any recent hits???

Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis ....

Circa 2007/2008 :gloria: 

11 minutes ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

Little nervous after his buddy's recent debut