We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Shadow.

Glory is a really good album but...

Recommended Posts

Just now, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

that's it, Glory is not cohesive at all, some songs fit together like WYN and PS.

And I feel like the production for the album is kinda weird, like Britney Jean: it sounds unfinished. :NYsassy:

I think Invitation, Make Me, Just Luv Me, Slumber Party and Better all gel together quite well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glory's a cute a album, but not one of her best (not one of her worst either). I would probably rank it fifth out of all her albums. For me there's a sense of vulnerability and deeper meaning that's missing that was present on every single one of her other albums. For me that helps with the cohesiveness of the album. Glory kind of makes up for that because it has a lot of bops, but they don't flow that well together tbh, and I feel a lot of the songs won't age that well. Plus, the songs that I only mainly listen to from Glory are invitation, make me, SP, better, and CYM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, cheri said:

it's sh!t and she sounds like a dying cat when she tries to sing on private show & what you need

private show and what you need are the worst imo vocalwise. i don't get the hype for ce and iid ... for me glory is her most overrated album. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mona Lisa 2.0 said:

yes these songs fit together but the album as a whole doesn't fit together 

That's the same with every album though. Some similar songs and different ones scattered between. I think the only truly "cohesive" albums she has released are Oops, Blackout and FF

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, button said:

of course.

but even if that wasn't the case, the right judgement is well after the album is released and you revisit it. u gotta see how it holds up.

in my case, i liked some songs on the Glory album but I stopped listening to it maybe 2 or 3 months after the release? meanwhile I still play Blackout and In the Zone regularly.

I can't get through many tracks on the album. Private show, What you need, Hard to forget ya, Liar ect I also can't stand Invitation

it's overall mediocre with few good songs.

britards use the same tired ass nonsensical excuses all the time

"OMG U GUYS ONLY HATE PIECE OF ME BECAUSE YOU'VE WATCHED IT A THOUSAND TIMEZ"

yet we've all watched her prime performances countless times without issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cheri said:

britards use the same tired ass nonsensical excuses all the time

"OMG U GUYS ONLY HATE PIECE OF ME BECAUSE YOU'VE WATCHED IT A THOUSAND TIMEZ"

yet we've all watched her prime performances countless times without issue

This tho, they can't accept the fact that Britney is no longer the artist she once was. But that's for another thread :angietea:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HangingOnToThePast said:

I think it's just because we're getting older! we don't enjoy things like we used to  :yeahsure:

I enjoy all of her prime stuff as much as I did 14 years ago, I enjoy Glory too... boredom with her current performing style has nothing to do with age 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Selena, her struggle whisper voice, and her fans wish. I think the issue with Glory is that it wasn't an era. With her other albums we had at least one big moment associated with a song, performance, or video. Glory is in her top 3 for me BUT it isn't iconic because they didn't commit to the album. She did a great job with it and they threw it out there. There's nothing to relive. I was rewatching her old performances today from the Britney and ITZ era. Those performances didn't make the songs great as they were already high quality on their own but they made those songs true experiences. If this album was properly promoted, marketed, and had the original Make Me video along with 3 other singles then I would see it differently. I still adore this album but that's what stops it from being next level. We need an experience not just a release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shadow. said:

This tho, they can't accept the fact that Britney is no longer the artist she once was. But that's for another thread :angietea:

Sadly I think Britney is still the recording artist she once was but not the performing artist. She's not adventurous or free spirited anymore. She's strictly professional and that's it. It's a shame too because she has a creative mind but she doesn't channel it into performing anymore which she desperately needs to because her legacy lies with her performances and visuals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Brad Adamson said:

That's the same with every album though. Some similar songs and different ones scattered between. I think the only truly "cohesive" albums she has released are Oops, Blackout and FF

 

yes but at least the non cohesive songs were good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

Sadly I think Britney is still the recording artist she once was but not the performing artist. She's not adventurous or free spirited anymore. She's strictly professional and that's it. It's a shame too because she has a creative mind but she doesn't channel it into performing anymore which she desperately needs to because her legacy lies with her performances and visuals. 

She's not even a professional nowadays. Her performances are sloppy, she expects people to pay a lot of money to see her but doesn't put any effort in whatsoever, she doesn't sing live when should since her performances aren't challenging anymore, and she doesn't put any effort into her appearance. It's really sad actually to watch an artist who was once one of the best performers the world has seen turn into what she currently is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cheri said:

"OMG U GUYS ONLY HATE PIECE OF ME BECAUSE YOU'VE WATCHED IT A THOUSAND TIMEZ"

when I first watched it when I was becoming a fan I already hated it, after watching primeney that's like a totally different person but they will give the 2007 excuse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glory is as good as Circus.

The thing is, Britney should not follow trends but set them. She should try to mix pop with new genres (kinda like Madonna with ROL, Confession and Music).                                       She's at a point in her career where the only way to consolidate her status is that to challenge the industry. Why do you think Lemonade, Beyonce, Joanne and heck, even Revival were so praised? Because they put on the table something new (damn, literally every song coming out these days is heavily inspired by Selena Gomez).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

Selena, her struggle whisper voice, and her fans wish. I think the issue with Glory is that it wasn't an era. With her other albums we had at least one big moment associated with a song, performance, or video. Glory is in her top 3 for me BUT it isn't iconic because they didn't commit to the album. She did a great job with it and they threw it out there. There's nothing to relive. I was rewatching her old performances today from the Britney and ITZ era. Those performances didn't make the songs great as they were already high quality on their own but they made those songs true experiences. If this album was properly promoted, marketed, and had the original Make Me video along with 3 other singles then I would see it differently. I still adore this album but that's what stops it from being next level. We need an experience not just a release. 

Get exhale some ice......it was just scalded by the tea 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.