We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Shadow.

Glory is a really good album but...

Just now, Starburst said:

Of course you guys would sh!t on the album now :weirdmeout:just like you do everything 

Except you get a taste of the album longevity after a year.  Comparatively to her other albums, the album has no spark.  Yeah I like a few songs, that doesn't mean the album is great.  It's forgettable, lol - it's subjective of course but it's a mediocre album at best when compared to her other gems. 

Just now, CashmereCat said:

I think most of us were excited to hear Britney's new album but lol, I don't listen to much of it anymore.  If anything I'm always listening to BO / Britney / ITZ / sh!t, even FF more than that lol. Idk, just seems like another throw away album.  Like here, have this album to keep you shut the f**k up
I mean, they implemented Liar out of all the songs they had from like the 3 years they were working on the album?  :explainlol:

Ok,now I understand, Glory must be a go-to-album just for me.

Nowadays I really like to listen to it, especially out in the sun, the album is really perfect for the summers. Today I just thought what a fantastic album Glory is. Recently I have come to appreciate it so much. The sound signature of Glory is absolutely amazing for me, there is the main musical theme and also songs like Liar and nowadays I really adore Liar, I love the emotion and her vocal tone in it, how it goes together with the production, I also like the texture.

Cue some of you claiming that people are switching their opinions bc the album didn't do well or bc we just always start hating on things. :rihstare:

My opinion has always been the same since the album's release.

1 minute ago, Diamond Horse said:

Ok,now I understand, Glory must be a go-to-album just for me.

Nowadays I really like to listen to it, especially out in the sun, the album is really perfect for the summers. Today I just thought what a fantastic album Glory is. Recently I have come to appreciate it so much. The sound signature of Glory is absolutely amazing for me, there is the main musical theme and also songs like Liar and nowadays I really adore Liar, I love the emotion and her vocal tone in it, how it goes together with the production, I also like the texture.

I gotcha, but yeah.  It just doesn't do much for me lol

1 minute ago, CashmereCat said:

I gotcha, but yeah.  It just doesn't do much for me lol

Actually I had that time too... On the first listening I was underwhelmed.  There was even a time when I didn't consider it a very good album. I made a thread how And Then We Kiss shits on the whole Glory album :gloria: 

Idk if I am delusional, but now I have totally changed my mind.

I remember when I was delusional about BJ and thought it is the new testament of Godney. But BJ has two parts - the more "personal" part that could be good, at times with some revamps. And then the part that is mediocre of below average. To think about it, much of BJ never made me feel that special feeling. But Glory just makes me feel classy.

But of course you never have to feel like Glory was your cup of tea, to each their own. 

My problem with Glory is that I only like half of it. The half I do like has some of my favorite songs she's ever done, but the other half, i couldn't care less about. The half I love:

• Invitation
  • Make Me
  • Just Luv Me
  • DYWCO
  • Slumber Party
  • Love Me Down
  • Better
  • Change Your Mind
  • Mood Ring

The half I couldn't care less about:

• Private Show
  • MOTM
  • Clumsy
  • Just Like Me
  • Hard to Forget Ya
  • What You Need
  • Liar
  • If I'm Dancing
  • Coupure Electrique

Just now, Urbanney said:

My problem with Glory is that I only like half of it. The half I do like has some of my favorite songs she's ever done, but the other half, i couldn't care less about. The half I love:

• Invitation
  • Make Me
  • Just Luv Me
  • DYWCO
  • Slumber Party
  • Love Me Down
  • Better
  • Change Your Mind
  • Mood Ring

The half I couldn't care less about:

• Private Show
  • MOTM
  • Clumsy
  • Just Like Me
  • Hard to Forget Ya
  • What You Need
  • Liar
  • If I'm Dancing
  • Coupure Electrique

It is sad when people don't care about JLM. I assume it is the song Britney was the most involved with on the album.

But I guess we can all live with that :ponderney:

Just now, Brad Adamson said:

I actually thought it was the first authentic sounding Britney album since Circus... 

Exactly!

What I like about it is that it follows Britney's vision.

Just now, Diamond Horse said:

It is sad when people don't care about JLM. I assume it is the song Britney was the most involved with on the album.

But I guess we can all live with that :ponderney:

Exactly!

What 

I used to love JLM, and I still do really like it, but I always skip it anyways. I don't have anything against it, it's just not memorable for me

Just now, Brad Adamson said:

I actually thought it was the first authentic sounding Britney album since Circus... 

agreed. I still listen to Glory daily. :cinderellaney:

The only thing that actually bugs me is that they left out good tracks as a bonus tracks .... I mean WTF

WYN & PS made it to the main cut ....

As for what you said, you see that what usually happens for artists like Madonna, Britney, Xtina, Janet ... etc take a listen at all recent albums they released, sounds good YES but it is just another solid pop effort. With that being said I do agree with what you said, I actually barley listen to the album in full (unlike Blackout, ITZ for example or COADF from Madonna) where I have this cohesive sound that has been missing the past few years.

But then again I'm getting older and I live in the past, I get excited for new music but then the hype dies away for me later on.

12 minutes ago, Blackout in the Glory Zone said:

Most of the time you get dragged if you defend britney or say something optimistic don't worry also glory doesn't really even sound like britney sometimes especially liar there's something about her voice :ponderney:

Actually there is a rumor that she used a voice double for Liar. 

1 minute ago, BraveGraphics said:

The only thing that actually bugs me is that they left out good tracks as a bonus tracks .... I mean WTF

WYN & PS made it to the main cut ....

As for what you said, you see that what usually happens for artists like Madonna, Britney, Xtina, Janet ... etc take a listen at all recent albums they released, sounds good YES but it is just another solid pop effort. With that being said I do agree with what you said, I actually barley listen to the album in full (unlike Blackout, ITZ for example or COADF from Madonna) where I have this cohesive sound that has been missing the past few years.

But then again I'm getting older and I live in the past, I get excited for new music but then the hype dies away for me later on.

Pop music is so boring now. I miss when music used to be an event and 7 year old me would be allowed to stay up late to watch the premiere of Toxic :orangu: Now its all repetitive with features, DJs, and with everything being so accessible now with streaming & youtube its just not the same.

Just now, BraveGraphics said:

It has always been the same, unfortunately:

- I Run Away, Before The Goodbye

- The Answer, Don't Hang Up

- AMNESIA!!!!!:nochillbrit:!!!!, Phonography

- He About To Lose Me

:embarrassney:

3 minutes ago, BraveGraphics said:

(unlike Blackout, ITZ for example or COADF from Madonna) where I have this cohesive sound that has been missing the past few years.

that's it, Glory is not cohesive at all, some songs fit together like WYN and PS.

And I feel like the production for the album is kinda weird, like Britney Jean: it sounds unfinished. :NYsassy:

33 minutes ago, cheri said:

i have since the beginning though :NYsassy:

right @button?

of course.

but even if that wasn't the case, the right judgement is well after the album is released and you revisit it. u gotta see how it holds up.

in my case, i liked some songs on the Glory album but I stopped listening to it maybe 2 or 3 months after the release? meanwhile I still play Blackout and In the Zone regularly.

I can't get through many tracks on the album. Private show, What you need, Hard to forget ya, Liar ect I also can't stand Invitation

it's overall mediocre with few good songs. you have to navigate through too much sh!t songs to get to a listenable one.