We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Shadow.

Glory is a really good album but...

I can't help feeling there is something missing? When it was released I was SO hyped because her vocals were amazing, Make Me is one of her best songs and she seemed so passionate. But now when I listen to it I just don't enjoy it as much ITZ, BO Circus etc. I mean its a nice pop album but to me it just don't sound like a 'Britney' album. Honestly it sounds more like Britney's impersonation of Selena don't hate me

Does anyone else feel like this or should I prepare to be dragged to the pits of Exhell? :orangu:

3 minutes ago, I am Max. said:

I still feel it's one of her best albums. She experimented, tried other languages, and the vocals are really good. 

The experimenting with languages still has me shook tho ngl.

I think you’re right, it doesn’t have an iconic, classic dance song on it like her other albums have. I’m not a big fan of Work Bitch but even that song was important in Britney’s career. Make Me had minor success, but no one will remember it.

I agree. I wanted to love it, but it doesn't resonate with me like Oops, Britney, ITZ, BO, and 2/3rds of Circus. 

It feels like it lags behind a trend that had already been popular for a while. And the lack of proper choruses bugs me. 

3 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

I think you’re right, it doesn’t have an iconic, classic dance song on it like her other albums have. I’m not a big fan of Work Bitch but even that song was important in Britney’s career. Make Me had minor success, but no one will remember it.

It's not even about the success of the album but the sound of the album isn't one I would associate with Britney. I always thought Britney was slightly ahead of trends with ITZ & Blackout & FF as good examples but this album kinda sounded like everything that was already released by artists in the charts.

Just now, On the Scene said:

I agree. I wanted to love it, but it doesn't resonate with me like Oops, Britney, ITZ, BO, and 2/3rds of Circus. 

It feels like it lags behind a trend that had already been popular for a while. And the lack of proper choruses bugs me. 

Exactly!

Just now, cheri said:

it's sh!t and she sounds like a dying cat when she tries to sing on private show & what you need

I know I shouldn't but :lanacackle:

1 minute ago, Diamond Horse said:

Nowadays 99% of the Britney I listen to is Glory. This sound just has some kind of sympatheticness, crispiness and light elegance for me that her other albums does not have.

I just thought of Invitation lol which along with Make Me is my fav on the album

1 minute ago, Diamond Horse said:

Nowadays 99% of the Britney I listen to is Glory. This sound just has some kind of sympatheticness, crispiness and light elegance for me that her other albums does not have.

:snooptoya:

1 minute ago, cheri said:

it's sh!t and she sounds like a dying cat when she tries to sing on private show & what you need

Putting those two songs on the main tracklist was not a good idea. The fact that Britney described these as showing off her vocal chops is....concerning 

4 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

:dead:

I think most of us were excited to hear Britney's new album but lol, I don't listen to much of it anymore.  If anything I'm always listening to BO / Britney / ITZ / shit, even FF more than that lol. Idk, just seems like another throw away album.  Like here, have this album to make you shut the fuck up
I mean, they implemented Liar out of all the songs they had from like the 3 years they were working on the album?  :explainlol:

4 hours ago, CashmereCat said:

I think most of us were excited to hear Britney's new album but lol, I don't listen to much of it anymore.  If anything I'm always listening to BO / Britney / ITZ / sh!t, even FF more than that lol. Idk, just seems like another throw away album.  Like here, have this album to make you shut the f**k up
I mean, they implemented Liar out of all the songs they had from like the 3 years they were working on the album?  :explainlol:

I agree I only really listen to MM, SP, Invitation & the chorus of CYM lol

6 minutes ago, cheri said:

:gloria:

I really enjoy WYN as the encore, but if it wasn't for the Frog vocals I would enjoy it more :donewithit:

Most of the time you get dragged if you defend britney or say something optimistic don't worry also glory doesn't really even sound like britney sometimes especially liar there's something about her voice :ponderney: