We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
breatheheavy

The Veronicas Go Straight Edge On “The Only High”: Listen

1 post in this topic

Sobering.

Australian pop duo The Veronicas, made up of sisters Jessica and Lisa Origliasso, have a sobering new ballad titled "The Only High."

It's the third taste of their forthcoming album following “In My Blood” and “On Your Side.”

"['The Only High' is] a coming of age story, where we’ve been in love and life,' Lisa told The Daily Telegraph of the track. Jessica added, "Back in your twenties you’re discovering your boundaries in life, whether it’s with relationships or friendships and partying."

The lyrics are an emotional recollection of darker times blurred from intoxication. "Waking up on the hard wood / It's your taste I remember / It was right cause it felt good / Could have laid there forever / And I loved every minute of it / And we're still in the middle of it / How'd we ever get this far and still survive? Back when we were young and drunk love could never last forever then we sobered up / swear my heartbeats all the better."

For the song, the sisters teamed up with songwriter Shelly Peiken, who's penned hits for Christina Aguilera ("What A Girl Wants") and The Divinyls. They previously collaborated on their No. 1 sophomore album Hook Me Up. "We just have some kind of chemistry with her that you can’t explain," Jessica added.

A video for the melancholy track is on the way. In it, The Veronicas rock contrasting looks. In one scene, they're delicate in floral pant suits with blonde tresses, in others they're back to their signature black hair and clothes. Watch a preview of it here.

Listen to the new tune below:

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.