We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
breatheheavy

19 Years Later… Geri Halliwell Apologizes For Leaving The Spice Girls

16 posts in this topic

We'll forgive but never forget.



We'll forgive but never forget.



Yesterday (May 31) marked the 19-year anniversary of when Geri Halliwell A.K.A. Ginger Spice announced she was leaving The Spice Girls.

It's a day that'll live in infamy, but for what it's worth she's sorry. "I'm sorry about that ...?," she wrote. "everything works out in the end ? , that's what my mum says! X"

What does she mean? Well, three of the five Spices (Geri, Emma, Mel B) have formed a new band named GEM and have plans to reunite some time this summer to celebrate the 21st anniversary of their debut. They already came out with a song titled "Song For Her" – you can listen to that here.

Make it up to us by convincing Mel C and Victoria Beckham to join the reunion, K?



Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.



And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was like every other 13,14 year old girl when the Spice Girls came out!! :ahhh:  OMG they were everywhere!! I think I have Spiceworld on VHS still!! lol

I was crushed when they split up.. :otears: it is what is and I pray for a reunion someday.. not the superbowl stuff that happened I want all 5 of them!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kinda pointless at this point really, it's not only her fault. and the fact they comeback back in 2008 and didn't bother to try to release a new album, was ridiculous. their chance is over, specially with GEM thing. not gonna happen and I hope it doesn't... I hate when artists destroy legacy's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stifler's Mom said:

kinda pointless at this point really, it's not only her fault. and the fact they comeback back in 2008 and didn't bother to try to release a new album, was ridiculous. their chance is over, specially with GEM thing. not gonna happen and I hope it doesn't... I hate when artists destroy legacy's

You stan for Britney...:ponderney:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ClarkKent said:

You stan for Britney...:ponderney:

Yet she received all the icons awards :byebitch:

Don't mind Geri, I've been listening to Chico Latino lately, flawless song :brit:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Camilo said:

Yet she received all the icons awards :byebitch:

Don't mind Geri, I've been listening to Chico Latino lately, flawless song :brit:

:mariahstare:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/06/2017 at 11:57 PM, ClarkKent said:

You stan for Britney...:ponderney:

how can you compare? Britney never stopped and she didn't destroy any legacy besides Britney Jeans and such. However, she still is Britney fucking Spears, how can you compare wtf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tumblr_oec8ojBg5F1ujsmvgo1_500.gif

On 6/1/2017 at 11:23 AM, breatheheavy said:

We'll forgive but never forget.

Speak for yourself; I'll never forgive! Geri's sudden betrayal of girl power changed me from a carefree 7-year-old and into the cynic I am today. I had spiced up my life, and was cruelly left in an utterly bland state with the departure of Ginger Spice. How many other young lives were ruined that day? I elect she be tried for crimes against humanity. :tbh:

ETA: @fucknfurter: If I recall correctly, you were a big Spice Girls fan as well, correct? (I believe Posh was your favorite). Anyway, you'll join me in signing a petition for the indictment as outlined above, yes? Please tell me I have your vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

tumblr_oec8ojBg5F1ujsmvgo1_500.gif

Speak for yourself; I'll never forgive! Geri's sudden betrayal of girl power changed me from a carefree 7-year-old and into the cynic I am today. I had spiced up my life, and was cruelly left in an utterly bland state with the departure of Ginger Spice. How many other young lives were ruined that day? I elect she be tried for crimes against humanity. :tbh:

ETA: @fucknfurter: If I recall correctly, you were a big Spice Girls fan as well, correct? (I believe Posh was your favorite). Anyway, you'll join me in signing a petition for the indictment as outlined above, yes? Please tell me I have your vote.

Yes, you're correct exactly, sis! (And perfect gif for this article, omg. :rihclap:) You absolutely have my vote, and I'm also going to add another reason why it will still always be an extra kick in the teeth for me (as well as Mel B): She announced it two days after my birthday (and Mel's bday), May 29th. It made Viva Forever all that much worse, and I feel like that music video was apart of how my innocence truly died once and for all.

In closing, give me the petition and I'm there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

Yes, you're correct exactly, sis! (And perfect gif for this article, omg. :rihclap:) You absolutely have my vote, and I'm also going to add another reason why it will still always be an extra kick in the teeth for me (as well as Mel B): She announced it two days after my birthday (and Mel's bday), May 29th. It made Viva Forever all that much worse, and I feel like that music video was apart of how my innocence truly died once and for all.

In closing, give me the petition and I'm there.

Oh, god! Your victim impact statement will be especially powerful. Do you per chance have any childhood pictures of you gazing wistfully at a birthday cake? It could be a series of photos aligning crudely with the stages of grief:

1. In the first picture, you stare forlornly at the (Spice Girls themed) cake

2. Then the next slide depicts a lone teardrop falling from your eye and extinguishing the flame of the candle before you've had the chance to blow and make a wish (great metaphor for having your innocence, and future hopes and dreams involuntarily snuffed out)

3. And finally, as you progress to anger, you could use your little plastic party knife to stab Geri's likeness out of the cake.

It would make a great slideshow and really set the mood as "Viva Forever" simultaneously plays in the background.

Also, happy belated birthday! :unbelievableney:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Oh, god! Your victim impact statement will be especially powerful. Do you per chance have any childhood pictures of you gazing wistfully at a birthday cake? It could be a series of photos aligning crudely with the stages of grief:

1. In the first picture, you stare forlornly at the (Spice Girls themed) cake

2. Then the next slide depicts a lone teardrop falling from your eye and extinguishing the flame of the candle before you've had the chance to blow and make a wish (great metaphor for having your innocence, and future hopes and dreams involuntarily snuffed out)

3. And finally, as you progress to anger, you could use your little plastic party knife to stab Geri's likeness out of the cake.

It would make a great slideshow and really set the mood as "Viva Forever" simultaneously plays in the background.

Also, happy belated birthday! :unbelievableney:

(Okay, first off, I just have to admire the thought and the attention to detail put into this reply-- so HUGE kudos for that!)

Unfortunately I have always been very camera shy, so I can't say I have these moments on hand-- however, I've been told I still look like a thirteen year old, and technically I was only a year younger back then, so I could maybe pull off this feat of art and grief if I slap a blurry filter on it all afterwards. If I can pull it off, I will give it to you in order to add to the petition, just so Geri fully understands our grief and is forced to better face the consequences of her actions. We won't be pacified with this "every cloud has a silver lining" apology she's given. 

And thank you so much!! :hugs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

(Okay, first off, I just have to admire the thought and the attention to detail put into this reply-- so HUGE kudos for that!)

Unfortunately I have always been very camera shy, so I can't say I have these moments on hand-- however, I've been told I still look like a thirteen year old, and technically I was only a year younger back then, so I could maybe pull off this feat of art and grief if I slap a blurry filter on it all afterwards. If I can pull it off, I will give it to you in order to add to the petition, just so Geri fully understands our grief and is forced to better face the consequences of her actions. We won't be pacified with this "every cloud has a silver lining" apology she's given. 

And thank you so much!! :hugs:

Hah, your kind words are much appreciated, as I was actually mentally berating myself for only discussing three of the five stages of grief. 

But also, don't minimize your own role here! I mean, you're willing to be a blurry 13-year-old for something that may constitute as perjury. Now THAT'S commitment! 

And here I mistakenly thought that thanks to Geri, girl power was obsolete :makesomenoise:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Hah, your kind words are much appreciated, as I was actually mentally berating myself for only discussing three of the five stages of grief. 

But also, don't minimize your own role here! I mean, you're willing to be a blurry 13-year-old for something that may constitute as perjury. Now THAT'S commitment! 

And here I mistakenly thought that thanks to Geri, girl power was obsolete :makesomenoise:

That is an example of girl power, isn't it? Well, I think it's only because I, like so many others, was incredibly lucky, because it wasn't long after that when one teenage girl came along and showed us all that girl power could never truly die, and lifted us all back up:

anigif_enhanced-6827-1440411991-2.gif

(Yes, I just did that.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Geri looking back feels bad about the way she left, in the middle of a world tour without actually telling the girls in person. I watched a Spice Girls doco a while back and when Geri talked about it she got all emotional and looked upset whereas the other girls seem to have moved on. I think at the time she was so hurt and in a bad place she just wanted to get out and her attitude was sort of like 'I'll show them' - even on Piers Morgan she said there was an 'eff you' attitude in there when she first started solo. I'm so glad they seem to have all mainly made up now, especially Mel B and Geri. I wish they'd do SOMETHING of a reunion, even just a TV special or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.