We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
breatheheavy

Katy Perry’s “Swish Swish” ft Nicki Minaj Sounds Like A Response To Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood"

53 posts in this topic

"Karma Coffee & Tea."

"Karma Coffee & Tea."

During her promo tour, Katy was asked whether she thought Taylor Swift's "Bad Blood" was about her. "Well that’s not my question to answer — if it’s about me. I think [my new album is] a very empowered record. There is no one thing that’s calling out any one person," she said. "One thing to note is: You can’t mistake kindness for weakness and don’t come for me. Anyone. Anyone. Anyone. Anyone. And that’s not to any one person and don’t quote me that it is, because it’s not. It’s not about that. Honestly, when women come together and they decide to unite, this world is going to be a better place. Period end of story. But, let me say this: Everything has a reaction or a consequence so don’t forget about that, okay, honey. [Laughs] We got to keep it real, honey. This record is not about anyone else! This record is about me being seen and heard so that I can see and hear everyone else! It’s not even about me! It’s about everything that I see out there that I digest. I think there’s a healing in it for me and vulnerability. If people want to connect and be healed and feel vulnerable and feel empowered and strong, God bless and here it is."

We're calling BS.

Katy's new track with Nicki on "Swish Swish" has several questionable lyrics that appear to be aimed at the 1989 singer. Here's a couple of reasons why:

■ "Swish" sounds an awful lot like "Swift." This one might be a stretch though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

■ The opening line: "A tiger / Don't lose no sleep / Don't need opinions / From a shellfish or a sheep."

You may recall this Tweet Katy posted after the "Bad Blood" release. Yup, this was about Tay Tay.

■ The cover art features Katy holding a receipt, and on that it reads "Karma Coffee & Tea."

SWISH SWISH ft. @NICKIMINAJ link in bio

A post shared by KATY PERRY (@katyperry) on

■ More suspect lyrics: "Your game is tired / You should retire / You're 'bout as cute as / An old coupon expired / And karma's not a liar / She keeps receipts."

■ Then there's Nicki savage verses: "Don't be tryna double back / I already despise you / All that fake love you showin' / Couldn't even disguise you." You may recall Swift and the rap queen duked it out on Twitter ahead of the 2015 VMAs when Nicki Tweeted about the lack of diversity with the nominees, and Swift assumed she was lumped into that.

Katy will deny "Swish Swish" has anything to do with Taylor, but we know what's up.

Purposeful pop, indeed.

Thoughts? Leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Bad Blood was better :beysip:.  Katy please get it together i love Bon appetit but look i need teenage dream level back.  

28 minutes ago, abandon06 said:

Bad Blood was better :beysip:.  Katy please get it together i love Bon appetit but look i need teenage dream level back.  

You serious? 'Coz baby now we got bad blood. You know we used to be mad love' in a diss track is lame af. 1989 is a superior album, but bish please get real.

'Bad Blood' is one of the lamest songs from Taylor. 'Swish Swish' feels way more direct and powerful. 

What annoys me is that the snake still victimizes herself in a song that's supposed to be calling someone out.

3 minutes ago, rockztar23 said:

Good album track but not def not a top 10 single.

A Top 80 hit like Bonapettite giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Camilo said:

A Top 80 hit like Bonapettite giphy.gif

When will Slumber Party? :cinderellaney::gloria: 

Joke aside, Katy is tragic and yet again she managed to impress me again of how low she can reach, after the tragic mess her album cover is. :moorangu: 

I don't know and I don't care about the endless feud of Katy & Taylor.... I just know Nicki works really hard to pay for the studies of her fans.. LoL she's everywhere:quirkney:

5 hours ago, Invitation said:

You serious? 'Coz baby now we got bad blood. You know we used to be mad love' in a diss track is lame af. 1989 is a superior album, but bish please get real.

'Bad Blood' is one of the lamest songs from Taylor. 'Swish Swish' feels way more direct and powerful. 

What annoys me is that the snake still victimizes herself in a song that's supposed to be calling someone out.

I find everything from 1989 to be better than this song from Katy. Bad blood is one of my favorite songs from her. If you are going to come from some one make it a song thats going to smash not a filler that you decide to throw Nicki on. I am a fan of Katy but something is wrong she has better taste than this. 

I love he song, the rythm,  with Britney's voice, and vibe, it would be a perfect song, 

i don't like at all, Katy perry , she is boring , infantil, fake etc, but, this song, is good, is really good.

BRITNEY. BRING US A DANCE ALBUM. PLSS, A POWERFUL ALBUM, WITH. BITCH attitude. 

40 minutes ago, abandon06 said:

I find everything from 1989 to be better than this song from Katy. Bad blood is one of my favorite songs from her. If you are going to come from some one make it a song thats going to smash not a filler that you decide to throw Nicki on. I am a fan of Katy but something is wrong she has better taste than this. 

This song >>>>>>>>>>> Bad Blood tbh one of Taylor's worst songs ever. You are a delusional Swiftie I can tell.

Bad Blood sounds like the cheap version of the basic stuff Katy used to put out for her teenager fanbase. This song is a diss track while Bad Blood reminds me of something you can hear in any sixth grade argument.

Why would you wish such a horrible  thing to happen to Britney's discography, though? :dead: Isn't BJ enough? :meltdown: