We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
breatheheavy

Bebe Rexha And Lil Wayne’s Video For "The Way I Are (Dance With Somebody)" Drops On Thursday

4 posts in this topic

By Director X.

UPDATE // MAY 29:

The music video for Bebe Rexha and Lil Wayne's song "The Way I Are (Dance With Somebody)" shot by Director X drops this Thursday (June 1).

Does anyone know the official name of the song? Asking for a friend.

EARLIER // MAY 19:

What would Whitney think?

Bebe Rexha's new song "The Way I Are (Dance With Somebody)" featuring Lil Wayne, an ode to Whitney Houston's iconic "I Wanna Dance With Somebody," has been a long time coming.

The pop star first revealed the news during an interview last month and confirmed it will appear on part II of her All Your Fault EP project. She rushed to Instagram Live afterward to share a teaser of it as well as a preview of Wayne’s verse. "I could never sing like Whitney, and [Lil Wayne] can never dance like Bobby, but we just wanna dance with somebody," she explained of its meaning. She also said the track is about "being like, 'I don't care who the fuck you are, just love me for who I am. I want to love you for the way you are and let's just dance. Let's enjoy life.'"

On the song, Rexha doesn’t pretend to be someone she's not. “I’m sorry I’m not the most pretty / I’ll never ever sing like Whitney,” she croons. “But I still wanna dance with somebody.” The beat pulsates with a tropical-tinged flair to it. The hook is a bit repetitive, but it works for a summer bop.

As for Weezy’s part, his vocals are auto-tuned to the high heavens. I’d actually prefer to hear a version without him on it.

The pair filmed a music video for the track with Director X (Drake's "Hotline Bling") that’s expected to drop some time this month. Until that premieres, give the song a couple plays.

Listen below (it will be available to stream beginning at midnight EST):

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.