We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Camila Cabello Is Officially A Solo Artist With Sia-Penned Debut Single “Crying In The Club”

41 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, MANDIXMX said:

Grow the f**k up and stop insulting someone who is and will be much more sucessful than you'll ever be. 

Someone's butthurt :beysip: 

16 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

Let the beat carry.

camila-cabello-crying-in-the-club-stream

Camila Cabello's ascent towards pop superstardom begins now.

After leaving Fifth Harmony, Camila immediately started working on her debut album, The Hurting, the Healing, the Loving. She linked up with some major talent for it, including OneRepublic frontman Ryan Tedder, Pharrell Williams, Tyler, The Creator, Charli XCX and Max Martin. She's also worked closely with Major Lazer, who says they've recorded about 20 songs together.

For her new tune, “Crying In The Club,” Camila enlisted songwriting veteran Sia and producers Benny Blanco & Cashmere Cat. Their influence on it is undeniable, namely Sia's, and that's problematic for an emerging artist trying to re-introduce herself to the masses.

"Ain't no crying in the club (hey, hey) / Let the beat carry your tears as they fall baby," she croons over twinkly production and a chilly beat. "Ain't no crying in the club (hey, hey) / With a little faith, your tears turn to ecstasy."

It's hard not to make comparisons to Sia's No. 1 charting song "Cheap Thrills," which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Interestingly, "Crying In The Club" samples Christina Aguilera's "Genie In A Bottle." Xtina's presence is most noticeable when Cami croons the "ah oh ahhs." It's a bit of a stretch, but copyright lawsuits are thrown around left and right these days; better safe than sorry.

Earlier this year, Camila said isn't sure what songs of hers will stick. "I don’t think you can ever tell if a song is going to be a hit," she said. "Maybe some people can but I can just tell when something is special to me and I like it, and then hopefully people feel the same way. I’m sure there are A&Rs and people who do it for a living, but for me, there’s no way to really tell. There’s no formula. If I love it, there’s no risk. If it doesn’t succeed then it doesn’t matter because I love it, and if it does, then, cool.”

Camila makes this her own the best she can. "Crying In The Club" should perform well.

Listen below:

camila-cabello-crying-in-the-club.jpg

crying-credits.jpg

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

A bit of a disappointment to be honest... Way too much Sia in there, hence lacks personality.

AND the "HA Uh Ha Uh Haaa" part sounds 101 Christina Aguilera "Genie in a Bottle".:jolieoverit:

1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

Figures the artist I don't like would release the song I like and the artist's I like would release stuff I don't.

Its a solid track tbh 

True. However, I wish somebody released something a bit more uptempo. Kinda tired of all these slow jams 

9 minutes ago, toy soldier. said:

True. However, I wish somebody released something a bit more uptempo. Kinda tired of all these slow jams 

This track is more upbeat than the others but I agree. 

I miss catchy pop. Very few of these songs are catchy tbh 

27 minutes ago, Streets said:

I really hate how every time Sia writes a song they blend her vocals with the main artist. They always just end up sounding like Sia.

I agree. I can hear Sia. 

I do enjoy this song but I'm sick of all the same writers/producers it's getting very stale. 

B&A were a gem for Britney and even Redone for Gaga because they could just focus on gold for a set artist and it was great. Now Max (Using as an example) and srhillex are making music for like 1 million artists each and you can't possibly come up with great ideas working with so many ppl. 

3 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

This track is more upbeat than the others but I agree. 

I miss catchy pop. Very few of these songs are catchy tbh 

I agree. I can hear Sia. 

I do enjoy this song but I'm sick of all the same writers/producers it's getting very stale. 

B&A were a gem for Britney and even Redone for Gaga because they could just focus on gold for a set artist and it was great. Now Max (Using as an example) and srhillex are making music for like 1 million artists each and you can't possibly come up with great ideas working with so many ppl. 

I agree, I miss when a producer would choose a protege (Max with Britney, B&A with Britney, RedOne with Gaga) and focus on creating the best possible work between artist and producer. 

9 minutes ago, Streets said:

I agree, I miss when a producer would choose a protege (Max with Britney, B&A with Britney, RedOne with Gaga) and focus on creating the best possible work between artist and producer. 

Everything is the same because everyone is working with the same ppl 

Just now, Spearsfan said:

Everything is the same because everyone is working with the same ppl 

Sia specifically is the worst. Her pop songwriting talents are limited - and she doesn't respect an artist's personal singing style in lieu of her own.

2 minutes ago, Streets said:

Sia specifically is the worst. Her pop songwriting talents are limited - and she doesn't respect an artist's personal singing style in lieu of her own.

I agree everyone is asking her to write because she has seen success but not she is oversaturated and stale. 

The same is starting to happen with Julia and Justin. It's like I can read their songs from a mile away. They are better but just like businesses being overexposed is bad 

1 minute ago, Spearsfan said:

I agree everyone is asking her to write because she has seen success but not she is oversaturated and stale. 

The same is starting to happen with Julia and Justin. It's like I can read their songs from a mile away. They are better but just like businesses being overexposed is bad 

I love how we're basically having a conversation now :orangu:

I agree - but I do like Julia and Justin and I think they are much more respectful of an artist's personal style. Their work with Gwen was so brilliant, and it was just so Gwen while remaining fresh and current and not sounding like a rehash. Their work with Britney, too, was really undeniably Britney. They have some repeats like Just Luv Me, but when you're working with so many people it's really hard to avoid.

Just now, Streets said:

I love how we're basically having a conversation now :orangu:

I agree - but I do like Julia and Justin and I think they are much more respectful of an artist's personal style. Their work with Gwen was so brilliant, and it was just so Gwen while remaining fresh and current and not sounding like a rehash. Their work with Britney, too, was really undeniably Britney. They have some repeats like Just Luv Me, but when you're working with so many people it's really hard to avoid.

I mean why not? Lol

I like them a lot and they aren't nearly as bad as Sia. Sia acts like she is the best thing in the world. But you also said the problem with them, working with so many ppl songs are starting to sound the same once in awhile.

5 hours ago, skkskk said:

Someone's butthurt :beysip: 

I'm def not butthurt lmao you are the one going around bashing an artist for no reason. Its fine to admit her song snatched your weave too, don't front. :snapney:

45 minutes ago, MANDIXMX said:

I'm def not butthurt lmao you are the one going around bashing an artist for no reason. Its fine to admit her song snatched your weave too, don't front. :snapney:

I was in fact surprised it sounded good, but shocked that she ripped off Xtina's song at the same time. :lostney: