We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Avril Lavigne Is Very Much Alive, Starting Production On New Album This Week

An Internet hoax claims the pop star died.

"Acting like you're somebody else, gets me frustrated."

A viral hoax swirling the Internet right now claims Avril Lavigne died in 2003 at the age of 19, and an imposter known as Melissa is posing as the pop star to keep the money machine from going broke.

There are a couple of facets to the conspiracy theory. For instance, Lavigne named her sophomore album Under My Skin as a nod to the real Avril living “under the skin” of the fake one. Fans also question why her her official website listed her height at 1.58 m in 2002, but now Google says she’s 1.55m. And then there's the transition from rebellious skater punk to pop princess. Mind you, 15 years have passed since she first burst onto the scene with her debut album Let Go, but it's apparently more fun to think the Avril we see today is a fraud. Whatever helps you get through the day, Internet.

Anyway, if you're sensible you'll see how the real, original Avril Lavigne is doing just fine. The singer has been hard at work on her forthcoming studio album for some time now, and it's nearing completion. She shared an update with fans today that production is getting added to the vocals now:
Officially beginning production this week for the album. Wahoo. Almost there. Been pouring my heart and soul into writing these new songs for you guys. Can't wait !!!! #AL6

Avril, if you're in serious trouble... blink once for yes and twice for no. Melissa, stay out of this.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Why are people not over the fact that artists evolve and take different paths in life and music?

i love Avril so much, whether she's punk, goth, rock, or pop glam TBH :staysalty:

At least she changes it up every era unlike  Perry :queenflopga: