We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
breatheheavy

Get Lost In HILL’s Hypnotic Video For “W e a k”: BreatheHeavy Premiere

1 post in this topic

Free but bound.

Free but bound.

Singer-songwriter Hill was recently signed to Sony’s electronic music imprint, Ultra Music, and has a brooding new song and music video to share. It’s titled “W e a k,” a song she co-wrote and co-produced about “a moment of realization that sometimes watching someone you’ve loved and let go fall apart is harder to handle than the heartbreak itself.”

In the Justin Sirizzotti-directed black & white music video for the track, Hill basks in a cloud of smoke and hard light as the memories whirl around her. At one point, the budding indie-pop singer is bound by a pair of gold designer Kaimin cuffs.

“I am not weak for you baby,” she sings over a trancey-electro beat. “But seeing you weak for me cuts me off at the knees.”

What inspired W e a k? "A breakup wherein I realized that most of the pain or sadness I was experiencing was a reflection of what I could see the other party going through," Hill tells BreatheHeavy. "I knew I had caused someone I really cared for to hurt, and that was harder for me to tolerate than my own heartbreak itself. I was in the studio the day of the breakup actually - even the vocal is the original scratch vocal from that day."

She adds: "I want people to be able to reflect on what the lyrics mean to them personally. I want to help them through similar situations. I want them to have that 'hey, she just explained to me what I am feeling right now' moment that I get with so much of my favourite music."

Watch the video for “W e a k” below:

What does the rest of Hill's 2017 look like? She has two more videos in the works – one is a collaboration with Caitlin Cronenberg, an exceptionally rad Canadian director and photographer. She'll also be spending "a lot more time state-side and am looking forward to bringing my live show with me."

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.