We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ross Lohan

Shakira Lets Loose In The Gorgeous “Me Enamoré” Video

7 posts in this topic

How Shakira Got Her Groove Back.

How Shakira Got Her Groove Back.

Despite the legendary Rihanna collaboration, something felt off about Shakira’s self-titled era (especially the videos) and fans feared she had entered her “I’m a mom now” phase, however baby number two seems to have brought the quirk back to our favorite Spanish legend.

The carefree and utterly random "Me Enamoré” video is peak Shakira, as we follow the singer from an apartment to a restaurant to… a skydive! Of course, why not.

In an amazingly cute twist at the end, we find out that we (the audience) are watching from the perspective of Shak’s real-life husband Gerard Piqué.

The spontaneity in the video is very reminiscent of the singer's “Loca” video, famously filmed guerrilla style in Barcelona.

“Me Enamoré” is the second single from Shakira’s eleventh (!) album “El Dorado” and follows the huge success of “Chantaje,” which became a streaming monster after its release last October.

“El Dorado” drops May 26.

Watch the new video below.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

I like the song but I wish the instrumental was more latin and Shakira-esque (like LT, WW or HDL). This sounds basic and like any other pop song out there. I also wish the lyrics were different because they're so cheesy.

The video is good, but it seems like the type of video a singer would release for their 5th single because it's one of their faves on the album and they really want it to be released as a single.

Despite that, I have no doubt this will smash. She has Piqué on the video and she just had two huge hits.

Basic video for one of her worst lead singles. We didn't even get a "Loca" for this one, I'm so pressed. :meltdown:

It's a bop, but I do miss her older songs from Dirty Laundry and La Tortura (that video gave me life).  This video is kinda basic, but I love that her bf is in it.

2 minutes ago, jennyj said:

It's a bop, but I do miss her older songs from Dirty Laundry and La Tortura (that video gave me life).  This video is kinda basic, but I love that her bf is in it.

I feel this video isn't very "Shakira" at all. Even "Comme-moi" got a better video. :orangu:

Shakira is one of those artists whom will release like 2-3 good singles and the rest of the album will be awful ...

Her recent efforts (From she wolf till now) are a bit disappointing, was excited when I heard Chantaje but after this mess ...