We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
breatheheavy

Mary J Blige Is On Top Of The World In The “Strength Of A Woman” Video

1 post in this topic

Triumphant.

Mary J Blige takes a triumphant stance in the “Strength Of A Woman” video.

The R&B legend is still sorting through the wreckage after her divorce from longtime husband Kendu Isaacs. She recorded a new album titled Strength of a Woman (out today) to help cope, and released an empowering music video for the album title track. In it, brooding synths swirl around Blige's courageous tone.

The clip for "Strength" takes the song to new heights. It's mostly Mary J radiating from atop a towering skyscraper.

“It was hard because of the pain, but it was good to get it out,” the 45-year-old singer told NPR about the inspiration behind the album. “It made me cry, and then I had to go sing it and cry and get through it, but I believe that there’s a purpose for me here on this earth, and I think it’s so I can live and become these things so people can heal from them. I don’t mind the pain. I don’t mind it all, because it hurts so good. It hurts so good.”

Watch the video below:

Stream Strength of a Woman:

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.