We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Charlie Puth’s New Single Will Demand Your “Attention”

The first taste of Puth's sophomore LP.

Charlie Puth's new single "Attention" is the first taste of the singer's sophomore album.

Puth put himself on the map with a feature on Wiz Khalifa's "See You Again" for the Furious 7 soundtrack, and he's never looked back.

He released his debut studio album Nine Track Mind just last year. It cracked the Top 10 on the Billboard 200 chart at No. 6 thanks to hits like "We Don't Talk Anymore" featuring Selena Gomez, "Marvin Gaye" with Meghan Trainor and "One Call Away."

Despite the record still having a few singles left in it, Puth is readying his sophomore. He's doing so with “an immersive music exhibit” called The Attention Room located in L.A. It features an LED infinity tunnel that's soundtracked to Puth's new single, “Attention.” According to a release, the visualization within the tunnel replicates the brain’s reaction to receiving attention. Sure.

As for the song, it's a funky summer bop. "You just want attention / You don't want my heart," Puth croons over a slick guitar melody and mid-tempo beat. "Baby, you just sit there 'front of me with someone new / Yeah you just wanna touch him." At times Puth sounds confident, but mostly he's aware of his vulnerability. "I knew from the start / You're just making sure I'll never get in over you." There are moments of weakness where his voice dips and cracks.

I'm not so sure about the seizure-inducing Attention Room, but the song itself is a hit. Listen:

Thoughts on Charlie's new song? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.