We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
breatheheavy

Kelly Rowland Hit The Recording Studio With 6LACK, Khalid And Quiñ

3 posts in this topic

She's making a record full of up-tempos.

Kelly Rowland said she wants a record full of up-tempos, so she's teaming up with 6LACK, Khalid And Quiñ to make it happen.

Khalid is a RCA-repped singer-songwriter who cracked the Top 20 on the Hot 100 with his debut single “Location.” 6LACK (pronounced as black) is also a singer-songwriter. Rolling Stone listed him as one of their 10 new artists to watch last November. Then there’s Quiñ, who recently landed on G-Eazy’s “Think About You.” They don’t have the credits that song makers like Skrillex or Mike WiLL Made-It have, but there’s something refreshing about that. Here's a pic of them in the recording studio together this week:

late nights

A post shared by Khalid (خالد) (@thegr8khalid) on

That's not to say she doesn't have any big names lined up – Rowland confirmed a collaboration with David Guetta to Schön! Magazine last year.

"A lot of my albums and songs have been slow, except for tracks like 'Commander' or 'When Love Takes Over.' I said I wanted this record to be happy because we need that right now, more than ever," Rowland said. "That’s where my heart is... I was literally listening to everything: old '90s R&B and these old records my mom put me onto."

This is undoubtedly promising news. Although Rowland may not have enjoyed the same level of success as Destiny's Child's more high-profile alumnus, her discography represents a catalogue of strong efforts, but none as accomplished as when she bucks the balladry and heads to the dance floor.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.