We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
breatheheavy

Lana Del Rey Premieres Album Title Track “Lust For Life” Featuring The Weeknd: Listen

31 posts in this topic

Produced by Rick Nowels.

Lana Del Rey enlists The Weeknd for her next Lust For Life release.

Lana is plagued by song leaks (just this week a track recorded during the Ultraviolence sessions hit the net), but she managed to keep The Weeknd-assisted album title track "Lust For Life" under wraps. It premiered on Mistajam’s BBC Radio 1. During her interview with Courtney Love for Dazed mag, Lana said it might be "kind of weird to have a feature on the title track, but I really love that song," then added, "and we had said for a while that we were gonna do something; I did stuff on his last two records."

The song is produced by the album's executive producer, Rick Nowels, and revised per advice from Max Martin. "‘Lust for Life’ was the first song I wrote for the record, but it was kind of a Rubik’s Cube," the "Love" singer said. "I felt like it was a big song but... it wasn’t right. I don’t usually go back and re-edit things that much, because the songs end up sort of being what they are, but this one song I kept going back to. I really liked the title. I liked the verse. John Janick was like, ‘Why don’t we just go over and see what Max Martin thinks?’ So, I flew to Sweden and showed him the song. He said that he felt really strongly that the best part was the verse and that he wanted to hear it more than once, so I should think about making it the chorus. So I went back to Rick Nowels’ place the next day and I was like, ‘Let’s try and make the verse the chorus,’ and we did, and it sounded perfect. That’s when I felt like I really wanted to hear Abel sing the chorus, so he came down and rewrote a little bit of it. But then I was feeling like it was missing a little bit of the Shangri-Las element, so I went back for a fourth time and layered it up with harmonies. Now I’m finally happy with it."

"Cause we're the masters of our own fate / We're the captains of our own souls," Lana sings over ethereal production. "There's no way for us to come away / 'Cause boy we're gold, boy we're gold." The Weeknd’s vocals are equally mesmerizing. "So there's no need for us to hesitate / We're all alone, let's take control," he sings.

“I really felt like he just added so much to it,” Lana said. “It’s the perfect track for him to join me on.”

Lana added she wants to dig into more of the acoustic side of the record, including a one-take song titled "Yosemite." But before fans hear that side, she has plans to "put out a couple more songs that have a similar production to 'Lust For Life' first."

Their voices melt together seamlessly. A masterpiece. Listen below:

We don't know exactly when Lust For Life drops, but she's shared two songs and a mystical album trailer. This is her best work yet.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

21 minutes ago, mental mystic said:

:plzexplain: their voices sound good but I think I had very high expectations and the song fell short.... Maybe it'll grow on me?

I feel the same way. I hope I can learn to like it.

35 minutes ago, MyPUSSYIsHangingOut said:

I was prepared to hate that she was collaborating with anyone, but I really like it. It would fit in pretty easily on Born to Die.

Well, the chorus is kinda similar to Without You.

1 hour ago, GodBritneyyy said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Hello, hello, ca-can you hear me?/Take off, take off, take off all your clothes. I don't mind.

The  cheap effects at this part of the MV. :gloria:

Overall nice collab, looking forward to listening to the entire album.

3 hours ago, GodBritneyyy said:

thought the same thing, but then again so is the chorus of Taylor Swift's Wildest Dreams LOL

56 minutes ago, soygalan said:

thought the same thing, but then again so is the chorus of Taylor Swift's Wildest Dreams LOL

NGL I thought of Wildest Dreams too 

lust for life is some amazing sh!t :omg: she's gonna erase everyone from the chart :omg: bye ed i-kiss-snake-swifts-ass-ran :) 

8 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

NGL I thought of Wildest Dreams too 

8 hours ago, overprotectedd said:

still Lana did it first :staysalty:

This. 

But Lust For Life is still a wonderful song. I don't get why she didn't release it as the first single. The Weeknd is a streaming monster and LFL could've been a nice little hit. Sadly the GP wasn't here for the slayage that we know under the name 'Love'.

I'm not a huge Weeknd fan but Lana is killing this era already, and their voices do blend together perfectly. "Lust For Life" is insane and honestly I feel like it's a "Born To Die" on steroids she has in stores for us, the feeling is incredible. :sobbing:

2 hours ago, Britneybbhmm said:

Lana is the friggin' kweeeeen! I love ha as much as I love Britney tbh. She's just amazing and beautiful in and outside! :lanacackle: <3

Yes she is. I love both so much. :crying4: