We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
BoyToySoldier

What would have happened if Circus never came to be?

Think about it. Britney takes a hiatus in early 2008, and then comes back with a brand new video for Break the Ice and a tour announcement later that year. Maybe even a VMA performance of Piece of Me?

Would you have liked to see Blackout become a real full blown era with 4 or 5 singles and then have Britney release a new album in 2010 / 2011? Or do you prefer the Circus era in all it's glory? :forkit:

I'd never get rid of the Circus era. Not only because it was such a great era for Britney, but because it's very sentimental to me as it's when I became a stan. Blackout is my favorite album of Britney's, but I don't think there could ever be any turning around of her image with it. I mean, it's called "Blackout," it's her darkest album, the album artwork/photoshoot is her most intense of any album. I don't think she could've restored her image with it, and she might've faded in popularity as she maybe appeared to be trying to look back to her old self when she was still promoting this dark material that came out during her dark time, with a dark photoshoot, and a dark title.  I don't think Blackout would've had much more success if any more singles were released. She truly needed a complete transformation to restore her image. She needed her hair dyed Blonde, to look angelic and innocent, to appear well-behaved, to have a completely new project/era/album to start over with, an album with light "classic" pop music that was very Britney, and that's what they did with Circus.

Circus is super sentimental to me. It was when I really understood what was going on in her life and could relate to her music. It really helped her and is one of my favorite albums by her. I love the transition from Blackout being the dark and dirty album to angelic Circus. It just worked for her.

Probably it would've been the end for me as a stan. Actually, the video we got for Break the Ice is what kept me having a little bit of faith that someday she would come back, as the pop princess she was and with that je ne sais quoi that always made her stand out from the rest. I do think the Blackout promo should've been postponed for 2008, but I think it was better to just release another album.

At the end of the day, the Circus tour was more like a Blackout / In the Zone tour. And in my personal experience, it was thanks to the Circus album, I mean, not specifically for the album itself, but just the fact that she was able to release something different than Blackout, and closer to her pop roots, that I actually could look back at Blackout and start to like it, a little bit, and learn to appreciate it as another facet of Britney, and not necessarily her new style for the rest of her days (because I was definitely not here for that :blurp:). 

Well in all honesty Circus is my 2nd favorite Britney album, I prefer it over Blackout honestly. Blackout is a great/influential album, but I grew tired of it quickly so I was glad she released an album so soon after! Also I feel like Blackout is similar to Glory in that it has a lot of great tracks, but they wouldn't necessarily translate into hits if you know what I mean, so if the album had had a full era the 4th single would've prob flopped anyways. 

4 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I'd never get rid of the Circus era. Not only because it was such a great era for Britney, but because it's very sentimental to me as it's when I became a stan. Blackout is my favorite album of Britney's, but I don't think there could ever be any turning around of her image with it. I mean, it's called "Blackout," it's her darkest album, the album artwork/photoshoot is her most intense of any album. I don't think she could've restored her image with it, and she might've faded in popularity as she maybe appeared to be trying to look back to her old self when she was still promoting this dark material that came out during her dark time, with a dark photoshoot, and a dark title.  I don't think Blackout would've had much more success if any more singles were released. She truly needed a complete transformation to restore her image. She needed her hair dyed Blonde, to look angelic and innocent, to appear well-behaved, to have a completely new project/era/album to start over with, an album with light "classic" pop music that was very Britney, and that's what they did with Circus.

Speaking of Blackout (US/Canadian edition), the only dark songs on it (in terms of lyrics) are Piece of Me and Why Should I Be Sad. Am I mistaken?

4 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Probably it would've been the end for me as a stan. Actually, the video we got for Break the Ice is what kept me having a little bit of faith that someday she would come back, as the pop princess she was and with that je ne sais quoi that always made her stand out from the rest. I do think the Blackout promo should've been postponed for 2008, but I think it was better to just release another album.

At the end of the day, the Circus tour was more like a Blackout / In the Zone tour. And in my personal experience, it was thanks to the Circus album, I mean, not specifically for the album itself, but just the fact that she was able to release something different than Blackout, and closer to her pop roots, that I actually could look back at Blackout and start to like it, a little bit, and learn to appreciate it as another facet of Britney, and not necessarily her new style for the rest of her days (because I was definitely not here for that :blurp:). 

but the break the ice video was animated????

People can hate the choreo but the CIRCUS TOUR is life. I mean the production, costumes, interludes and so on were all freaking on point. It is probably Britney's best tour when you look at how it all came together fitting perfectly and how they truly respected the Circus theme. It was like all the puzzle pieces fell together and omg that stage in the centre? BRILLIANT.

so I am glad that circus happened! 

For me, the Circus era defined Britney as someone who could only dance, never sang live and had to be sexy in order to sell, she lost her artistry because she was rushed back into the spotlight. She should have continued with the dark look Blackout introduced, took a couple of years off until she WANTED to be back performing not forced too, and every other era (minus Glory which I'm still not convinced she had as much controlled as they made out) has been the same since. 

20 hours ago, FableJ said:

but the break the ice video was animated????

and still, was so much better than Gimme More or Piece of Me :donewithit:

And it was different, it felt very Britney despite everything. When you think about a pop artist doing an animated video, you would think of a cheesy mess with the lowest standards possible, but Break the Ice actually ended up being a very well done video, with the highest quality for its type. It is a timeless masterpiece that almost 10 years later feels fresh and awesome, and it's not cringe worthy as that Eiffel 65 video or something. The Kill the Lights short, now THAT was awful, but it wasn't an official video for an official single, so it's ok.