We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
breatheheavy

Rihanna Reportedly Tapped For A Spin-Off Of 'The Matrix'

6 posts in this topic

Rihanna might show us how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Rihanna might show us how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

New reports suggest Rih could star in a Matrix spin-off. The rumored film's screenwriter, Zak Penn (The Avengers), says if there is something in the works, it's a story that would take place in the same world as The Matrix, not a remake of the original.

"Do I want to see more stories set in the universe of The Matrix? Yes. Because it’s a brilliant idea that generates great stories," Penn said.

The Animatrix is an American-Japanese anthology anime film based on The Matrix trilogy that focuses on human resistance fighters in the Matrix. It is thought the new film will center around that narrative. Even better, it's rumored to star Rihanna and Michael B. Jordan.

A source tells the Daily Star via The Sun, “Rihanna’s team are elated and are open to discussions as they see major potential in her being tied to a movie like the Matrix. It’d be a win-win for all.”

Years ago, the idea of Rih landing such a role would seem preposterous, but she aced playing Marion Crane on Bates Motel and has a role in the upcoming film, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. R9 might be on hold for a while, because Rihanna is about to swallow a little red pill.

Are you here for Rihanna in a Matrix movie? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

I mean the sun isn't much of a reliable source, However judging Rihanna's acting ... I mean she is an okay actress but doing a Matrix reboot they should get the right cast with this one and I don't think Rihanna is a good fit for such roles.

The Matrix was one of the most influential sci-fi films ever made and paved the way for other movies of the same genre where they mix action along with sci-fi.

I'm not sure about this whole thing since I am a big fan of the trilogy and I think they should leave it without a reboot or a spin-off either.

It's as if America can't find any talented  actors anymore. Seriously? Michael B. Jordan? They hire the same 7 black actors, and rihanna?? I love her to death, but she can't act for sh!t. The original Matrix was philosphic, Michael B. Jordan and rihanna are going to make this a teen friendly experience with explosions. i'm sure. :byebitch: