We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JessicaPetterson

Snoop Dogg Inducts Tupac Into Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame

1 post in this topic

Also, preview the new All Eyes On Me film about the rapper's life.

Biggest names in music honor hip hop legend, Tupac

A-list artists like Alicia Keys, T.I and Snoop Dogg took to Barclays Center in Brooklyn tonight to celebrate one of the most influential entertainers of all time.

Though he was murdered in 1996 by a still unknown assailant at just 25 years old, Tupac Shakur's legacy has not faltered in the 21 years since. He remains one of the best selling and most compelling artists, with a global following and an immovable icon status.

A string of the rapper's biggest hits were performed by artists such as Snoop Dogg (one of Shakur's closest friends), YG, T.I, Treach and Alicia Keys.

Regram from @alleyezmovie 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted wit @yg ?? RIP Pac ?

A post shared by snoopdogg (@snoopdogg) on

Tupac is the sixth rapper ever to be inducted in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. Snoop spoke fondly of his good friend, and the man behind the image:

"When I sat down to gather my thoughts about my labelmate, my homie, my brother, there's one thought I kept coming back to: that Tupac was an actual human being. While everyone now thinks of him as some thugged-out superhero," Tupac was many things: "strong and vulnerable, hardheaded and intellectual, revolutionary and — oh yeah, don’t get it f***ed up - gangsta."

The induction comes just as a new trailer for a Tupac film All Eyes On Me was released, featuring Walking Dead actors Danai Gurira and Lauren Cohan, as well as names like Raven Symone and Kat Graham.

The movie will premiere on June 16, which would've been Tupac's 46th birthday.