We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
breatheheavy

Mary J Blige Comes First On "Love Yourself" Featuring Kanye West

3 posts in this topic

There couldn't be a better person to guest star on a song titled "Love Yourself" than Kanye West.

Dark clouds are moving past her.

This is a great week for Mary J Blige. She shared the album cover, title and release date (April 28) for her forthcoming record Strength of a Woman. That's good and fine, but she upped the ante with a new song titled "Love Yourself," and it features Kanye West.

“You gotta love yourself if you really wanna be with someone else,” Blige sings over blaring horns and a sharp throwback beat. “You gotta feed yourself before you feed somebody else / You gotta stay open and don’t be foolish / ‘Cause everybody don’t mean you well.”

Kanye's verse is one of his best in a minute. “I decided not to use my color as a handicap," he raps. "He a designer, artist, producer, and he rap / Came from the Chi and wow / Look what the fuck they found / A young legend comin to shut the summer down.”

“‘Love Yourself’ is hardcore hip-hop soul,” Mary said during an interview with Angie Martinez on Power 105.1, Rap-Up reports. “It’s me talking to myself when I was in it. ‘Don’t give up. Love yourself.’ When you hear the words, you’ll hear it…I’m a fan of Kanye. I’ve always loved Kanye. I’ve always wanted to work with Kanye. I reached out to his manager, got a number on him, began to text him back and forth about how I really wanted him on ‘Love Yourself.'”

There couldn't be a better person to guest star on a song titled "Love Yourself" than Kanye West. Listen:

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.