We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
breatheheavy

Preview: David Guetta Teams Up With Nicki Minaj And Lil Wayne On "Light My Body Up"

12 posts in this topic

It's about to get lit.



UPDATE // MARCH 23:

Check out a preview of the song / lyric video:






EARLIER // MARCH 21:

It's about to get lit.



Back in January, David Guetta revealed he had a "huge" song with Nicki Minaj in the works. Cut to present day – the artwork for their collaboration titled "Light My Body Up," which also features Lil Wayne, hit the net. The song is scheduled to drop on Thursday, March 23.

Guetta posted on Instagram, "See you on Thursday ! The winning team is back."

See you on Thursday ! The winning team is back ?#newsingle #lightmybodyup #lmbu

A post shared by David Guetta (@davidguetta) on


"I'm kind of obsessed with her, I think she's amazing," Guetta said at a press conference at the time. "I'm giving you a scoop here...we're working on a record now that's pretty huge. I think people are going to be very impressed by the way she's singing on the record."


Related:
Win! Nicki Minaj Ties Aretha Franklin For Most Hot 100 Hits Among Women


Their previous collabs include "Turn Me On," "Where Them Girls At" and "Hey Mama," all of which were top 20 hits on the Billboard 100 between 2011 and 2014.

This marks yet another massive collabo for Nicki. She teamed up with Weezy and Drake on "No Frauds," then hit up Lil Wayne again on "Regret In Your Tears." She also has new tracks with Jason Derulo and Ty Dolla $ign on "Swalla", Nick Jonas on “Bom Bidi Bom” and another with Future.

Nicki is taking over 2017 and I'm just fine with that. And clearly, so is Guetta.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.



And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nicki has completely sold out, tbh

But then again she's taking millions in an industry where black female artists see little longevity so who's to blame her :lollipop:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Streets said:

Nicki has completely sold out, tbh

But then again she's taking millions in an industry where black female artists see little longevity so who's to blame her :lollipop:

I never really understood why "selling out" is considered to be a bad thing tbh. Shouldn't a fan of an artist want that artist to become more successful? More success (usually) equals more of a mainstream audience.

It reminds me of back in the emo days when kids would stop listening to a certain band because they had a hit single on radio or MTV. Like why are you mad? LOL, be happy for them!

Spoiler

P.S. none of what I said in my comment is directed specifically towards you, just adding to the discussion :giggleney:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, jcf523 said:

I never really understood why "selling out" is considered to be a bad thing tbh. Shouldn't a fan of an artist want that artist to become more successful? More success (usually) equals more of a mainstream audience.

It reminds me of back in the emo days when kids would stop listening to a certain band because they had a hit single on radio or MTV. Like why are you mad? LOL, be happy for them!

  Hide contents

P.S. none of what I said in my comment is directed specifically towards you, just adding to the discussion :giggleney:

 

Lol, it's fine I understand what you're saying

I guess the issue is mainly when an artist's artistic integrity is damaged by "selling out"

I mainly point it out for Nicki because she's this self-proclaimed "Queen of rap" but she's not really a rap artist anymore. She was so hard on Iggy, and as problematic as Iggy is/was, Nicki's kind of a hypocrite at this point. She just loads herself onto any feature she can or she's putting out her own poppy material. Actually I can't even remember the last time she released [any successful] original material, for that matter.. But at the same time, I don't blame her like I mentioned in my first post. It's a tough industry for women, and moreso for black female artists.

I need to point out I'm no fan of Iggy, btw :giggleney:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Streets said:

Lol, it's fine I understand what you're saying

I guess the issue is mainly when an artist's artistic integrity is damaged by "selling out"

I mainly point it out for Nicki because she's this self-proclaimed "Queen of rap" but she's not really a rap artist anymore. She was so hard on Iggy, and as problematic as Iggy is/was, Nicki's kind of a hypocrite at this point. She just loads herself onto any feature she can or she's putting out her own poppy material. Actually I can't even remember the last time she released [any successful] original material, for that matter.. But at the same time, I don't blame her like I mentioned in my first post. It's a tough industry for women, and moreso for black female artists.

I need to point out I'm no fan of Iggy, btw :giggleney:

Im all for Nicki to get her coin but she's literally hopping on anyone's track. She's talented but her recent stuff has been 90% trash

I like Nicki and Iggy but quality > quantity. It's not like she's a rookie and needs to get her name out there

23 hours ago, jcf523 said:

I never really understood why "selling out" is considered to be a bad thing tbh. Shouldn't a fan of an artist want that artist to become more successful? More success (usually) equals more of a mainstream audience.

It reminds me of back in the emo days when kids would stop listening to a certain band because they had a hit single on radio or MTV. Like why are you mad? LOL, be happy for them!

  Reveal hidden contents

P.S. none of what I said in my comment is directed specifically towards you, just adding to the discussion :giggleney:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

Im all for Nicki to get her coin but she's literally hopping on anyone's track. She's talented but her recent stuff has been 90% trash

I like Nicki and Iggy but quality > quantity. It's not like she's a rookie and needs to get her name out there

 

I can agree with that, I actually think The Pinkprint is her worst album

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2017 at 3:19 PM, Style. said:

queen, everyone wants to work with her :rihclap:

remy who?

said by a pop music fan who has no understanding of hip hop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2017 at 5:46 PM, jcf523 said:

I can agree with that, I actually think The Pinkprint is her worst album

There were some really good tracks and bunch of basic forgettables 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

There were some really good tracks and bunch of basic forgettables 

Yes! Like 4-5 tracks were good, the rest are extremely skip-able. i guess because she marketed it as her best album yet but it left me feeling extremely underwhelmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.