We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ross Lohan

Selena Gomez Lands Her First American Vogue Cover

9 posts in this topic

From Disney to Vogue.

If you're having trouble viewing this Stackerdecks post: Click Here


This is big.



There's not many better ways to kick off a new era than being on the cover of Vogue, and that's exactly where Selena Gomez can be found.

The 24-year-old singer looks incredible on the cover of American Vogue's April 2017 issue, wearing a Michael Kors two-piece and fabulous big hoop earrings.

Florals for spring? Okay, I won't finish the joke because it's over-used and I've not actually seen The Devil Wears Prada in its entirety, and Selena uses Vogue's massive audience to speak openly about the importance of good mental health.

She gets really, really frank about her most recent touring experience - the Revival Tour was cancelled halfway before she even began the European leg.

"I was so used to performing for kids. At concerts I used to make the entire crowd raise up their pinkies and make a pinky promise never to allow anybody to make them feel that they weren’t good enough. Suddenly I have kids smoking and drinking at my shows, people in their 20s, 30s, and I’m looking into their eyes, and I don’t know what to say. I couldn’t say, ‘Everybody, let’s pinky-promise that you’re beautiful!’ It doesn’t work that way, and I know it because I’m dealing with the same shit they’re dealing with.”

Gomez's place in the industry confuses me sometimes; the biggest Disney star after Miley Cyrus, she released some teen-marketed music and films before suddenly being positioned as 'the new princess of pop' with her Revival record in 2015. Given the title before earning it, it seemed.

"Good For You" was a hit for her but didn't feel like much from pop's supposed new princess. "Hands To Myself" has felt like her closest 'moment' of magic, however it fell a bit short. This Vogue interview gets very real and it seems Selena was aware of the disconnect more than anybody else.

Now, however, it appears Selena's vision is fully realised and she's ready to take full control of her new era. I'm ready.



Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.



And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Selena Gomez is the definition of being at the right place at the right time. Zero singing talent, mediocre dancing, performing, and acting. There isn't one thing she excels at. She needs to focus on building up her talents because once she starts aging and her looks fade, she will be left with nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A beautiful girl, such a soft looking face - but that's what she is... a pretty face. Revival was amazing though, if it wasn't for her producers and her look she wouldn't be as big... Good for her though :byebitch:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, jj_boha said:

Selena Gomez is the definition of being at the right place at the right time. Zero singing talent, mediocre dancing, performing, and acting. There isn't one thing she excels at. She needs to focus on building up her talents because once she starts aging and her looks fade, she will be left with nothing. 

 

34 minutes ago, shinobu said:

A beautiful girl, such a soft looking face - but that's what she is... a pretty face. Revival was amazing though, if it wasn't for her producers and her look she wouldn't be as big... Good for her though :byebitch:

 

If you read the whole article, a lot of what she's saying seems to reference the fact that she knows how lucky she is, and that in some ways, she knows that she doesn't have more talent than a lot of other people, which is why she has a hard time feeling like she's supposed to have her success. It's kind of sad, especially because if you think about it, most artists aren't "better" or more deserving of their success than other people. That said, don't we all like an artist who has been more of a canvas for producers and writers as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MyPUSSYIsHangingOut said:

 

 

If you read the whole article, a lot of what she's saying seems to reference the fact that she knows how lucky she is, and that in some ways, she knows that she doesn't have more talent than a lot of other people, which is why she has a hard time feeling like she's supposed to have her success. It's kind of sad, especially because if you think about it, most artists aren't "better" or more deserving of their success than other people. That said, don't we all like an artist who has been more of a canvas for producers and writers as well?

 

You're honestly right. I do like Selena though, she has a unique sound to her music. She isn't as great as a performer as her counterparts, and definitely not as talented - but there is something unique about her voice, and look that earns her all the success she has.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, shinobu said:

You're honestly right. I do like Selena though, she has a unique sound to her music. She isn't as great as a performer as her counterparts, and definitely not as talented - but there is something unique about her voice, and look that earns her all the success she has.  

I disagree her show was the most exciting out of Swift (granted I saw her faking to be country) and Demi. Miley is just wild during her show so that's unfair. 

She deserves all the success 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spearsfan said:

I disagree her show was the most exciting out of Swift (granted I saw her faking to be country) and Demi. Miley is just wild during her show so that's unfair. 

She deserves all the success 

 

I've been to the Dangerous Woman Tour, the Bangerz tour, and have seen Britney in vegas. Britney still out dances Selena, and is more exciting even with the lipsync. Ariana and Miley have so much stage presence, seeing Revival was lackluster - and sadly not that entertaining. Just my opinion, that being said - she still is talented just not as talented as her counterparts.  :gloss:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, shinobu said:

I've been to the Dangerous Woman Tour, the Bangerz tour, and have seen Britney in vegas. Britney still out dances Selena, and is more exciting even with the lipsync. Ariana and Miley have so much stage presence, seeing Revival was lackluster - and sadly not that entertaining. Just my opinion, that being said - she still is talented just not as talented as her counterparts.  :gloss:

I guess we will agree to disagree. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MyPUSSYIsHangingOut said:

 

 

If you read the whole article, a lot of what she's saying seems to reference the fact that she knows how lucky she is, and that in some ways, she knows that she doesn't have more talent than a lot of other people, which is why she has a hard time feeling like she's supposed to have her success. It's kind of sad, especially because if you think about it, most artists aren't "better" or more deserving of their success than other people. That said, don't we all like an artist who has been more of a canvas for producers and writers as well?

You're right and she is also addicted to the fame a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.