We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
JamesExhale

Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' Is No. 1 On The Billboard 200

Recommended Posts

No one else came close.



UPDATE // MARCH 13:

Ed pulled through! Divide easily debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with 451,000 equivalent album units (322,000 in traditional album sales) – the biggest opener in 2017 thus far.

Numbers jargon from Billboard:
This is Sheeran’s second No. 1 album on the Billboard 200, following the chart-topping bow of his previous studio effort, x (Multiply), in 2014. That set launched with 209,000 in traditional album sales (before the Billboard 200 transitioned to a ranking based on equivalent album units).

Additionally, ÷ logs the biggest streaming week for an album since 4 Your Eyez Only’s debut frame. ÷ earned 90,000 streaming equivalent album units (which equates to 134.6 million streams of songs from the album in the tracking week). 4 Your Eyez Only arrived with 118,000 streaming equivalent album units (176.9 million streams of the album’s songs).






EARLIER // MARCH 11:

Killing it, Ed!



Ed Sheeran’s promo hustle for his new album, Divide, has been on point and it looks like he’s going to see one hell of a debut on the forthcoming Billboard 200 Albums chart.

Earlier this week, Hits Daily Double upped their estimate for the new release, pushing his sales figure to the whopping 435-445,000 (SPS) range. It was original set to hit the 425K ballpark, but it's certainly gaining momentum. Expect a steady flow of sales in the coming weeks, particularly due to his forthcoming appearance on James Corden's "Carpool Karaoke." Trailing Ed is Bruno Mars (56-60K), Future (55-59K) and the rapper's self-titled release (51-55K). Stay tuned for official word on Sheeran's sales on Sunday.

‪Just over 24 hours and ÷ is released !‬

A post shared by Ed Sheeran (@teddysphotos) on




Over in the UK, Sheeran's set has become the fastest-selling album by a male artist. Meanwhile, his tracks ("Shape Of You," "Galway Girl," "Castle On The Hill," "Perfect" and "New Man") occupy the top five spots on the singles chart. Calvin Harris took to Twitter to congratulate and (jokingly) diss the singer in a tweet after hearing the announcement.










Did you download Ed Sheeran's new album? Let us know in Exhale.



And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SlayOut said:

Nnnnnnnnn how? :byebitch: I can't believe people actually buy his music. :meltdown:

RIGHT?! I feel like there is like a British-bandwagon here in America. Adele outsells everyone, Sam Smith was huge for whatever reason and apparently everyone loves Ed(?) but I really don't understand how any of these people are breaking sales records (or winning Oscars) tbqh. I don't and have never seen the appeal of these artists...prob never will....I will say that at least Ed drops some upbeat songs now and then, but he honestly isn't anything special imo. Adele has a great voice, sure, but her vocals aren't anymore groundbreaking than any other artists that have come before her.  And then we have a deserving, and uniquely talented Brit like Cher Lloyd who has almost 0 recognition here.

And don't even get me started on Sam Smith with his Adele wanna be ass :staysalty: he is truly awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jcf523 said:

RIGHT?! I feel like there is like a British-bandwagon here in America. Adele outsells everyone, Sam Smith was huge for whatever reason and apparently everyone loves Ed(?) but I really don't understand how any of these people are breaking sales records (or winning Oscars) tbqh. I don't and have never seen the appeal of these artists...prob never will....I will say that at least Ed drops some upbeat songs now and then, but he honestly isn't anything special imo. Adele has a great voice, sure, but her vocals aren't anymore groundbreaking than any other artists than have come before her.  And then we have a deserving, and uniquely talented Brit like Cher Lloyd who has almost 0 recognition here.

And don't even get me started on Sam Smith with his Adele wanna be ass :staysalty: he is truly awful.

The whole music industry is just screwed now and it really sucks. It especially sucks when amazing albums like Glory fall off the charts but yet overrated artists with mediocre music dominate the charts :tbh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChrisTheLoner said:

The whole music industry is just screwed now and it really sucks. It especially sucks when albums like Glory fall off the charts but yet overrated artists with mediocre music dominate the charts :tbh:

AMEN! I used to check Billboard religiously for YEARS but it has lost so much merit with me that I rarely check it now. Streaming has truly ruined the charts and music sales as a whole.

We have songs like "Closer" and albums like "Views" sitting at number #1 for 4-5 months consecutively but then someone like JoJo can't even crack the Top 5 with her album, nor the Hot 100 with any of her singles. Same goes for Tinashe. it's just such a shame. Especially looking back at like the late 90's & early 2000s charts when albums would sell 400,000 copies in a week and not even be top 10/top 20.

A true travesty, really  :otears:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jcf523 said:

AMEN! I used to check Billboard religiously for YEARS but it has lost so much merit with me that I rarely check it now. Streaming has truly ruined the charts and music sales as a whole.

We have songs like "Closer" and albums like "Views" sitting at number #1 for 4-5 months consecutively but then someone like JoJo can't even crack the Top 5 with her album, nor the Hot 100 with any of her singles. Same goes for Tinashe. it's just such a shame. Especially looking back at like the late 90's & early 2000s charts when albums would sell 400,000 copies in a week and not even be top 10/top 20.

A true travesty, really  :otears:

The age of technology truly destroyed any liability in the charts and the music industry. If it weren't for people illegally downloading or streaming things wouldn't be as bad as they are. It really is just sad that shitty songs like "Closer" are successful meanwhile amazing songs are always left in the dust. It's not even just Britney but most pop acts now that don't fare well on the charts and I feel like the streaming era is partly to blame.

I feel like it's only gonna keep getting worse from here on out. It's so annoying seeing all of the most overated, basic and just bad artists dominating, it really is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

The age of technology truly destroyed any liability in the charts and the music industry. If it weren't for people illegally downloading or streaming things wouldn't be as bad as they are. It really is just sad that shitty songs like "Closer" are successful meanwhile amazing songs are always left in the dust. It's not even just Britney but most pop acts now that don't fare well on the charts and I feel like the streaming era is partly to blame.

I feel like it's only gonna keep getting worse from here on out. It's so annoying seeing all of the most overated, basic and just bad artists dominating, it really is.

I think we are in the age of anti-pop star.
After years of EDM, people are sick of it (just like what they did to Disco).
So they went on to the opposite. The more "sexless" you are, the more serious people regard your music.
But people are still pop fans, they can't really get serious music, so they turn to more simple, mellow, easy-listening sound.

That's one of the reasons I don't like Ed. He try too hard to play a under-dog and a victim in his music. (which is basic and boring)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2017 at 3:51 PM, SlayOut said:

Nnnnnnnnn how? :byebitch: I can't believe people actually buy his music. :meltdown:

Well idk abut where you live, but in Canada his Shape Of You song plays on every radio station and in every bar constantly, and he's got a million radio, facebook, twitter and TV ads for his new album. It's impossible to go a day without hearing the song and being reminded the album is out :orangu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.