We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

JessicaPetterson

Lorde Previews New "Green Light" Music Video

9 posts in this topic

Hear a snippet of Lorde's first single in three years.

UPDATE:

Lorde shared a new teaser of "Green Light" on ImWaitingForIt.com and reveals the Grant Singer-directed music video premieres on Thursday at 2 p.m. EST:

EARLIER:

"I can't let go, I'm waiting for it"

Tonight in Lorde's home of New Zealand, the singer unveiled a series of interactive props in various locations:

In one location, a short snippet of her uncharacteristically upbeat new single was playing along with a wall projection possibly previewing the music video:

The song title appears to be confirmed as Green Light, judging by all the green each location was bathed in:

There were lyric snippets dotted around the Auckland locations:

Green Light is Lorde's first lead single since 2014's Yellow Flicker Beat. She did feature on Disclosure's Magnets in 2015 but otherwise, the 20-year-old has been completely MIA from the music scene until now. Her new single will be released on Thursday.

Pure Heroine was the perfect coming of age album so I hope this follow-up also continues to explore the perks of youth while serving us MAJOR bops 

56 minutes ago, A.D. said:

Pure Heroine was the perfect coming of age album so I hope this follow-up also continues to explore the perks of youth while serving us MAJOR bops 

Ive actually never listened to it fully. I'm sort of bored with everything right now. What are your fav songs on the album?

20 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Ive actually never listened to it fully. I'm sort of bored with everything right now. What are your fav songs on the album?

I know you didn't ask me :orangu: but like Pure Heroine was that album for me, I was obsessed with it for like half a year when it came out.

Tennis Court, 400 Lux, Ribs, Buzzcut Season, A World Alone are all my favorites... the whole album is really good.

40 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Tennis Court, Ribs, Buzzcut Season, Team, White Teeth Teens, A World Alone, 400 Lux are my favourites. I barely listen to Royals or Glory & Gore but they're also good!