We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

JessicaPetterson

Remy Ma Releases Scathing Nicki Minaj Diss Track "Shether"

The internet collapses in response.

Remy Ma is out for blood.

After Nicki Minaj's two most recent features - Jason Derulo's Swalla and Gucci Mane's Make Love - both took aim at the Terror Squad rapper, Remy Ma has clapped back in the form of her own scathing diss track.

The title "Shether" is a female adaptation of "Ether", aka the track that famously saw Nas make a fool out of Jay Z back in 2001 (you may have heard numerous rappers refer to defeating their enemies as "ethering" them).

While Nas and Jay Z have since buried the hatchet, the same can't be said for Remy Ma and Nicki Minaj, who have now been beefing for approximately seven years.

Check out "Shether" below:

Amongst the most vicious claims is that Nicki allegedly stole her famous line "these bitches are my sons", that Nicki was unfaithful to a former boyfriend and references Nicki supporting her brother; who is currently facing a possible 15 years in prison after allegedly raping a 12 year old. Elsewhere on the near 7 minute track, Remy claims Nicki only takes aim at "safe" competitors like Mariah Carey and Taylor Swift.

While this track will likely put Remy on the mainstream map in 2017, you might know her best from Terror Squad's huge 2004 hit, Lean Back. She was released from prison in 2014 after serving a seven year sentence for intentional assault. She held her promise made in prison that she would respond to Nicki once released.

Nicki is no doubt back in the studio cooking up a response (we all remember Stupid Hoe, which was a diss track aimed at Lil Kim), but for now she offered up a "Bad Blood" response of sorts - posting a video detailing her friendship with Beyonce, and a picture with Monica Brown. She also posted a now deleted screencap detailing Remy Ma's poor album sales:

The internet responded predictably - both Nicki and Remy were trending worldwide on Twitter within minutes of the song's release.

Thoughts? Should Nicki respond? Let us know in Exhale?

1 hour ago, popprison said:

What's the point of this?

Rappers have always battled it out. Like a competition to see who's a better lyricist. I mean they'll probably collar in the future if the beef isn't real but its kind of a hip hop tradition to "beef"

I really like Nicki's verses and I didn't know anything about their beef but I find it off-putting. I mean Remy Ma's cover really makes me feel uneasy, this girl was in jail for assault and she has on her cover a barbie with Nicki's old signature hairstyle and blood. I really like high school feuds like Katy and Taylor's but this one is a bit scary, I feel like it can escalate even more than just verses thrown at each other. I mean the depiction of a Barbie-like Nicki Minaj dismembered with blood is really unappealing. :weirdmeout:

Damn she WENT IN. That was ruthless

Using charts and sales in a hip hop beef is weak as fuck. Nicki no one gives a fuck about your success, fame and Beyoncé friendship. Comeback with a harder rap verse or go home and RIP.   :mariahstare:

7 hours ago, Benjie said:

Remy who ?  :squintney:

Another D-list  rapper starting a beef with a bigger one just to get attention.  

what's new? 

Did you even read the article? They've been feuding for 7 years. If she wanted attention, she would've done it when Nicki was at her peak not NOW when she's fading.

NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT NICKI BEING MORE SUCCESSFUL AND FAMOUS

REMY MA DRAGGED HER FOR FILTH AND SAID NOTHING BUT COLD HARD FACTS, SHE TURNED HER INTO THE JOKE OF THE INTERNET

OVER 1M TWEETS ABOUT THE BEEF

EVEN APPLE MUSIC IS DRAGGING NICKI https://twitter.com/AppleMusic/status/835675066360815616?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

EITHER SHE CLAPS BACK WITH A GOOD VERSE OR GOES HOME.

MISS ME WITH THE "who???"

HER CAREER WILL NEVER BE THE SAME IF SHE DOESN'T RESPOND

GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE

ive always disliked nicki minaj. i liked the song 'lookin ass' and 'beez in the trap' but thats about it. 

i didnt listen to the song but i read the lyrics of the diss track. its pretty ruthless lol. 

Silicone Valley Minaj is the biggest joke to have happened in the history of Hip-Hop. She's better adviced at removing those giant wasp nests called "implants"':forkit:

5 hours ago, button said:

Did you even read the article? They've been feuding for 7 years. If she wanted attention, she would've done it when Nicki was at her peak not NOW when she's fading.

NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT NICKI BEING MORE SUCCESSFUL AND FAMOUS

REMY MA DRAGGED HER FOR FILTH AND SAID NOTHING BUT COLD HARD FACTS, SHE TURNED HER INTO THE JOKE OF THE INTERNET

OVER 1M TWEETS ABOUT THE BEEF

EVEN APPLE MUSIC IS DRAGGING NICKI https://twitter.com/AppleMusic/status/835675066360815616?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

EITHER SHE CLAPS BACK WITH A GOOD VERSE OR GOES HOME.

MISS ME WITH THE "who???"

HER CAREER WILL NEVER BE THE SAME IF SHE DOESN'T RESPOND

GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE

Nicki is fading ? XD ok.. Cool story bro

3 hours ago, MykieTheCriminal said:

Nicki is fading ? XD ok.. Cool story bro

I used the word in a very clear context. She's not at her peak anymore, we're no longer in the year 2009. Didn't her Major Lazer collab flop? And now the new song Swalla is struggling? She clearly doesn't have as much power as before. She's still a relevant name but has her popularity declined? Yes. She ain't on top anymore. Britney also started fading after 2004.

If Remy Ma was after publicity, she would have gone after her back in her prime years when she was still the hottest thing in the industry.

BY THE WAY WHERE IS HER ANSWER? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA IF SHE'S CLAPPING BACK OR IS SHE LETTING HER PR TEAM DO THEIR THING?

SHE CAN'T KEEP IGNORING HER

1 hour ago, button said:

I used the word in a very clear context. She's not at her peak anymore, this isn't 2009 anymore. Didn't her Major Lazer collab flop? She clearly doesn't have as much power as before.

If Remy Ma was after publicity, she would have gone after her back in her prime years.

BY THE WAY WHERE IS HER ANSWER? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA IF SHE'S CLAPPING BACK OR IS SHE LETTING HER PR TEAM DO THEIR THING?

SHE CAN'T KEEP IGNORING HER

c'mon, you act like this non existent bitch ended Nicki. No one can take away her success and being the queen of rap.