We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Ross Lohan

Era Istrefi Makes Her Proper English Debut With Felix-Snow Produced "Redrum"

She's back.

Not just a one-hit wonder.

Last year Era Istrefi went from Albanian pop star to worldwide sensation when her single "BonBon" went viral online, leading to chart positions around the world and record labels chasing after her.

The ultra-cool singer quickly signed deals with Sony Music and Ultra then released an English version of the track later in the year, since leaving fans eager to hear more.

Enter "Redrum": a shimmery, electro-pop bop that allows Era to formerly introduce herself to new fans, singing of a reckless love so strong that she can't walk away.

"I'm too good for all your bullshit / but you've got something that I don't quit," she sings in the pre-chorus. "So let's pretend that we're too perfect / as if we're gonna make it."

The cut is produced by Felix Snow, one-third of mysterious pop trio Terror Jr, who released one of 2016's best records with the addictive 8-track EP "Bop City." That might explain why Era's understated heartbreak is such a bop.

Istrefi has written with a bunch of A-list artists since gaining international status, including go-to hitmaker Sia, so we can expect big things from this star.

Check out the video below, and stream on Spotify.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

Loves it tbh, I'm obsessed with it and I really love ha, I hope she'll be really big internationally, she's really cool :cinderellaney: I can't at her long wig tho, like girl get yourself a lace front :moorangu: