We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

JessicaPetterson

Katy Perry Previews "Chained To The Rhythm" Music Video

Perry's not done preaching yet.

Katy Perry rehashes an old persona in new music video.

While some pop fans are none too thrilled with Katy Perry's return to music - after what's been dubbed a rather lacklustre comeback single and some tasteless comments on the Grammys red carpet about mental illness - the 32-year-old is gearing up to release the music video for her single Chained To The Rhythm on February 21st.

The video appears to be just as much of a political pop affair as the lyric video was. Instead of a housebound hamster this time, instead the preview shows the brainless masses attending a theme park called Oblivia (geddit?), complete with socially apt ride names like "American Dream Drop":

As you'll notice in Perry's retweet, she's reintroducing one of her old personas (alter egos?) - Kathy Beth Terry, who you'll recall was the star of Katy's Last Friday Night video.

wow this is just so cool! And such a great idea as well as an innovative artistic move! KP4 must be the most exciting era since 2011! She indeed has the best marketing team like the person above me said!! I'm finally getting the pop music hype back!!! :hype: 

wtf, this is so tragic! I'm sorry for the ones who are saying that this something good! 

She does have the best marketing team (Bey and Tay say hi), but she also does have the worst lead single by a female artist..

Make Me >>> 

Formation >>>

Anyway, Selena will slay the shit out of this basic bitch! 

Wow!  They are really going all out for this!  I feel like it's be her Artpop era, tbh.  The video looks amazing.  I'm so torn on this because I hate basic Perry's attitude toward Britney.... she has been shading her since the beginning of her career.. she's a shady bitch.  Katy always has amazing videos, though. 

8 hours ago, Sleazy said:

wow this is just so cool! And such a great idea as well as an innovative artistic move! KP4 must be the most exciting era since 2011! She indeed has the best marketing team like the person above me said!! I'm finally getting the pop music hype  

Tbh i hate her and hated even more bcuz she doesnt like britney obviously but her new sound excites me, im loving disco theme hopefully it will be something like Confessions On The Dance Floor  :hype:

I hope people don't really believe it's innovative. She's going to make a colorful pop video inspired by the Banksy theme park which forced people to realize that we live in a messed up world. She's going to hit hard because her song is not meeting the success she was expecting. I don't expect anything big or even new. 

Dear Jessica,

Why not take a supportive tone for an artist who is risking her career to protest the oppressive Trump agenda instead of being so basically bitter for Katy mentioning head shaving on the red carpet?  

Perry is a pop star after all, and her bringing that up was not the best turn of phrase, but was acknowledging the mental health pressures she faces as a public persona herself. 

The tone of this article is shameful, petty, and petulant. 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, hotblacktea said:

Dear Jessica,

Why not take a supportive tone for an artist who is risking her career to protest the oppressive Trump agenda instead of being so basically bitter for Katy mentioning head shaving on the red carpet?  

Perry is a pop star after all, and her bringing that up was not the best turn of phrase, but was acknowledging the mental health pressures she faces as a public persona herself. 

Thanks.

Katy is that you?

J6wXl.gif

2 hours ago, hotblacktea said:

Dear Jessica,

Thanks.

Hi Katy Perry original.gif