We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Sia Asks Kanye West To Stop Using Fur In Fashion Following Yeezy Season 5 Launch

"Would you consider going fur free?"

"Would you consider going fur free?"

Kanye West's Yeezy Season 5 fashion show was considerably more low-key than his previous unveilings. Last year, models were asked to stand for hours in the sun which caused several of them to faint. This year, his show lasted all but 13-minutes, but it was enough time to display his line of fur coats and accessories.

Model Halima Aden, the Miss Minnesota contestant to compete wearing a hijab and burkini, wore one of the floor-length coats at the premiere, the BBC reports. This caught the attention of animal rights activist and singer, Sia, who Tweeted Kanye pleading with him to go fur-free. The two recently collaborated together on The Life Of Pablo track "Wolves."

"Dear @kanyewest would you consider going fur free? This is the reality of fur for fashion - it's so sad."

Sia shared a 16-minute video of animal cruelty.

Kanye has yet to respond, however Vogue is reporting the jacket is faux fur.

But if it's real fur, then I'm with Sia on this. There's no reason to skin innocent animals for lewks.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

There are so many fashion designers who use fake (faux) fur, Karl Lagerfeld started using synthetic fur back in 2009 at a Dior showI think, so if Kanye could take that road that'd be amazing because his last show drew a lot of positive reviews and it would help people get familiar with that. Faux fur looks just like the real one sans the animal abuse. On another note, I hope Sia also took the time to calm her overexcited and arrogant manager (never forget!). 

Good for sia speaking out... I wonder if she's also vegan... Since . i mean.. If your gunna eat animals  they why not wear them? .. I wonder why people don't eat meat raw... All other meat eating animals do.. They don't get sick from eating raw meat.. But humans only want meat once its cooked and seasoned with plants to make it takes good.. Check out the China study .. They asked every person in China what they eat and the areas with lower meat I take also had lowest cancer rates... Nations with the most dairy intake have the most hip fractures... So much for milk building strong bones... Even Beyonce , Miley, and Arian eat plant based.. Betty white the only living golden girl is also a long time vegan.. Lots of people waking up... Its just a matter of time :)

Take a bite out of a live rabbit   then tell me your a meat eater cuzz "sharp" teeth

5 minutes ago, MykieTheCriminal said:

But humans only want meat once its cooked and seasoned with plants to make it takes good..

I liked to eat steak tartare when I was a kid, :shameless:raw meat with raw egg yolk.

Cheers.:drown:

Eat from the fire of life, that what's burns inside of you.. Eat not from the fire of death, for this I tell you truly, that what kills your food, kills your mind, body, and soul as well- deadsea scrolls.. Older then bible.. We the only animals eating cooked food... We also the only ones with such a high sickness amount . we the only ones ruining the envorment.. Yet we think were smart cuzz we have cell phones XD we fail have health but that's oke.. We have airplanes  .. Yeah airplanes and phones more important then health XD

36 minutes ago, MykieTheCriminal said:

Eat from the fire of life, that what's burns inside of you.. Eat not from the fire of death, for this I tell you truly, that what kills your food, kills your mind, body, and soul as well- deadsea scrolls.. Older then bible.. We the only animals eating cooked food... We also the only ones with such a high sickness amount . we the only ones ruining the envorment.. Yet we think were smart cuzz we have cell phones XD we fail have health but that's oke.. We have airplanes  .. Yeah airplanes and phones more important then health XD

Sis you have some very good points but you sound high af :frenchy:

22 hours ago, MykieTheCriminal said:

??:plzexplain:

23 hours ago, MykieTheCriminal said:

Good for sia speaking out... I wonder if she's also vegan... Since . i mean.. If your gunna eat animals  they why not wear them? .. I wonder why people don't eat meat raw... All other meat eating animals do.. They don't get sick from eating raw meat.. But humans only want meat once its cooked and seasoned with plants to make it takes good.. Check out the China study .. They asked every person in China what they eat and the areas with lower meat I take also had lowest cancer rates... Nations with the most dairy intake have the most hip fractures... So much for milk building strong bones... Even Beyonce , Miley, and Arian eat plant based.. Betty white the only living golden girl is also a long time vegan.. Lots of people waking up... Its just a matter of time :)

Take a bite out of a live rabbit   then tell me your a meat eater cuzz "sharp" teeth

More ppl would eat healthier if it was affordable.