We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Ross Lohan

The Redemption of MiMi: Mariah Carey Slays Live Debut Of "I Don't"

Put some respect on her name.

Never doubt Mariah again.

The Internet should know by now not to write Mariah off because she just proved her talents (again) with her first live performance post-New Years.

The legendary diva gave a pitch-perfect live debut of her new single "I Don't" on Jimmy Kimmel Live! last night (Feb 15).

With featured rapper YG by her side, Mimi actually sounded better singing the track live, giving the emotional lyrics a much-needed 'oomph.'

"I Don't" is undoubtedly one of Carey's weakest singles, and YG's awful verse only makes matters worse, but even then it's not a bad song. With a different chorus, it could 'go off', as they say.

What's sad is that not even a quarter of the people laughing at the NYE mishap won't give this a chance. I'm sure Mariah is unbothered with her new toy boy and millions in the bank.

Watch the performance below.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

Videos hot... how do y'all not get that she's flaunting !? Different dress for each rolls phantom, different color for each .. she's a boss! Love performance was awesome! She's finally able to sing live because  it's in her vocal range. Love this! Stay in this direction !!

Decent performance for her, but we ALL know, Mariah is a master at semi-lip syncing. If you watch closely, the track comes on in the high notes. She sings the low and middle, but you can DEF hear the actual track in some parts of the song. She can't hit those notes live anymore...:idkney:

1 hour ago, Svoloch said:

Decent performance for her, but we ALL know, Mariah is a master at semi-lip syncing. If you watch closely, the track comes on in the high notes. She sings the low and middle, but you can DEF hear the actual track in some parts of the song. She can't hit those notes live anymore...:idkney:

Yep. she def isn't singing the chorus. 

10 hours ago, Anitta Elusive Chanteuse said:

i had a vision of vocals, yaaas

OMG she's so nervous that you can clearly see her hand shaking. But the vocal is totally on point!  (without trying too hard to hit those high notes)

BTW she seems to never playback or lip-sync on VOL, did she?