We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Ross Lohan

Camila Cabello Covers Billboard Magazine, Clears Fifth Harmony Drama

So what really happened? Are they talking?

Miss Movin' On.

Ahead of her solo debut, Camila Cabello graces the cover of Billboard's new issue and gets candid about her quick transition from girl group star to budding solo artist.

First off, the "Bad Things" singer explains her desire to go solo was only ever for her to write and create music that truly represented her, saying, "We were interpreting somebody else’s story. Fifth Harmony is an entity or identity outside all of us, and I don’t think anybody felt individually represented by the sound — we didn’t make it.”

She reveals she hasn't spoken to any of her former bandmates since she quit via representatives in December, although she claims to have reached out to them.

"I did, yeah. I don’t want to get into the details of that, because it was really intense and it’s hard for me to talk about. It makes me sad."

"I was always super open [that] I couldn’t just sing other people’s words and be totally happy with that. You have to follow and honor that inner voice. I always encouraged the girls to do the same. I think that in a group there is always going to be tension, whether it’s because of this thing or [another] thing. Obviously, I think that rocked the boat."

After signing a solo deal, Cabello finally has the chance to make and release the music she's always wanted to. So, what exactly does that sound like?

Well, Rihanna's Grammy-snubbed "ANTI" is a reference point, as is "the era of R&B-pop that includes Alicia Keys’ 2007 song “No One,” all things Shakira and, of course, Cuban music."

The Billboard feature doesn't specify any details of a first single or the album release but it does share lyrics from a song titled "It's Only Natural," and describes her vocal as 'balmy and bright' and compares the production to Jack Ü.

“It’s only natural, I need some love from you / I might pull up on you / It’s only human to, wanna do da tings we do.” Could it be one of the songs she's recorded with Diplo?

Camila's first single is due this spring with the album scheduled for a fall release. Is she expecting to achieve bigger success than the new Fifth Harmony?

“I know people will try and turn this into, ‘Is she going to be more successful outside the group?’ To me, if I’m in the studio every day and I’m growing as an artist and I’m speaking from my heart, that’s success.”

Take from that what you will...

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.