We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
JessicaPetterson

Premiere: Selena Gomez and Kygo - It Ain't Me

Hear Selena's first single since her hiatus.

Selena Gomez is back!

It Ain't Me is Gomez's first release since the cancellation of her Revival Tour last year and since checking into rehab for assistance with anxiety and depression caused by lupus.

Gomez has teamed up with Norwegian DJ Kygo, best known for his remix of Ed Sheeran's I See Fire, and his hit single Firestone.

The new track sounds almost acoustic in the verses but quickly merges back into familiar EDM-pop territory with the stuttering chorus. The song bitterly details what Gomez used to do to be a doting girlfriend and why she's no longer going to be there for her trashy ex. Hmmm....

Listen now:

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale!

Music wise, 2017 didn't bring anything big yet, so this doesn't surprise me. I was expecting a bit more, it's not a bad track, but I thought she'd offer something less monotonous and more intense. That said, it'll fit perfectly with what the radio offers right now.

This was rather disappointing! It's incredibly bland and safe compared to how experimental certain Revival cuts such as Good for You, Kill 'Em with Kindness or Hands to Myself were :sassybrit:

I feel this track is perfect for Selena. I can't think of anyone that would have sounded better on it. It suits her voice and her personality so well. It's not amazing, and I doubt it will climb the charts too high, but it's a bop and I like it. Looking forward to more new music from Selena!

This song is pretty boring compared to the innovative stuff from revival.

I'd much prefer to get the full "this is real" it's still not very innovative but it sounds much better than this.