We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

Kesha Leaks Emails From Dr. Luke Criticizing Her Weight, Dr. Luke Responds

Recommended Posts

Luke claims the emails were taken out of context.



UPDATE // FEBRUARY 16:

On Wednesday, Kesha leaked emails to Page Six illustrating Dr. Luke's abusive rhetoric towards her and her body.

Dr. Luke's legal team issued a response to Billboard, claiming the emails were taken out of context.
Kesha and her attorneys continue to mislead by refusing to disclose the larger record of evidence showing the bad faith of Kesha Sebert and her representatives which is greatly damaging to them. It also shows the tremendous support that Dr. Luke provided Kesha regarding artistic and personal issues, including Kesha’s own concerns over her weight.

Rather than agree to a thorough disclosure, Kesha and her representatives improperly publicized, without Court permission, three out-of-context emails which do not present the full picture regarding the events they concern. For example, these emails do not show that the lyrics of “Crazy Kids” were, in fact, rewritten at Kesha’s request. Any claim by Kesha to the contrary is deceiving the public—just like her other meritless claims of wrongdoing by Dr. Luke.

Dr. Luke looks forward to full vindication in Court.






EARLIER // FEBRUARY 15:

“I don’t give a s–t what you want. If you were smart you would go in and sing it.”



Each week, Kesha and Dr. Luke's lawsuit gets messier. To recap, the producer asked a judge to add a defamation clause against the pop star in his suit because of text messages she sent to Lady Gaga. The text said another recording artist was “raped by the same man,” but did not specifically state his name. Luke's legal team says it's clear he's the one being referred to. In response, Kesha's legal team filed papers asserting Luke has a “vendetta against Kesha” and is blocking her from releasing new music and is withholding owed payments. In a newly-filed counterclaim, Dr. Luke claims the opposite – that Kesha owes him $1.3 million in royalties.

And now, things take a turn for the worse. Kesha released damning emails between Dr. Luke and Kesha’s manager Monica Cornia where he criticizes her weight, despite battling an eating disorder. The words reflect claims from Kesha that the producer previously called her a “fat f–king refrigerator.”

Page Six reports:
“Nobody was calling anybody out,” Dr. Luke writes to Cornia at 2:11 a.m. on June 28, 2012, according to a copy of the email.

“We were having a discussion on how she can be more disciplined with her diet. there have been many times we have all witnessed her breaking her diet plan. this perticular [sic] time — it happened to be diet coke and turkey while on an all juice fast,” the producer gripes.

Cornia asks him to be more supportive because she’s “a human and not a machine,” then adds, “if she were a machine that would be way cool and we could do whatever we want.”



Related:
Dr. Luke Asks Judge To Add A Defamation Claim Against Kesha For Damning Text Message


Dr. Luke even claimed “a list of songwriters and producers are reluctant to give Kesha their songs because of her weight.”
In one email, Cornia says Dr. Luke wanted the phrase, “You see us in the club sip sippin bub,” while Kesha preferred, “You see us in the streets we da we da freaks,” because she doesn’t go to clubs.

“I don’t give a s–t what you want. If you were smart you would go in and sing it,” Dr. Luke allegedly told Kesha, according to Cornia.

Cornia adds that Kesha tried to settle the spat with Dr. Luke, but “didn’t feel comfortable talking to him” in the studio.

“He refused to come downstairs (“she wears the pants in MY house?”) so we left,” Cornia writes, again quoting Dr. Luke.

Repulsive.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.



And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People should stop working with Dr. Luke, whether or not her original allegations against him are true, there's no doubt in my mind that he's a slimy piece of sh** that doesn't deserve his success when he treats people the way he does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether or not he's a rapist he appears to be a pretty seedy guy. I get that she was a little bit bigger than other girls in the industry but it's ridiculous that she was expected to be on an all liquid diet and was reprimanded for eating some turkey. Britney worked with this guy on two albums- both albums that she has referenced as being ones that she didn't enjoy doing on Jonathan Ross. No wonder. It's weird though, I get that Dr. Luke produces her music but was he also like a manager of sorts too? Is it because he owns kemosabe records (which she is on)? Because Britney has producers but I don't feel like Max Martin would have a say in her diet or personal life- Britney wouldn't have that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, December02 said:

Whether or not he's a rapist he appears to be a pretty seedy guy. I get that she was a little bit bigger than other girls in the industry but it's ridiculous that she was expected to be on an all liquid diet and was reprimanded for eating some turkey. Britney worked with this guy on two albums- both albums that she has referenced as being ones that she didn't enjoy doing on Jonathan Ross. No wonder. It's weird though, I get that Dr. Luke produces her music but was he also like a manager of sorts too? Is it because he owns kemosabe records (which she is on)? Because Britney has producers but I don't feel like Max Martin would have a say in her diet or personal life- Britney wouldn't have that

He was her manager too unfortunately, hes the one who got her into the music business when she was 17/18 and basically got her into signing a horrible contract :( she was a kid so she didnt know better she just wanted fame nothing else, turns out the contract is basically slavery, as you might see how she was treated :mhm: as for Britney he just produced a couple of songs and thats it, i doubt they had much contact at all, probably just in studio with 10 other people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WTF for real? Can they just let her go? So she can be an independant artist. I feel like she would be way better off without the label. I definitely think she could make more money as well. The label knows her value and have paid to silence. They have paid to keep her because they know if she was on her label she could attract more people to leave the label. Its very sad how the industry works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, December02 said:

Whether or not he's a rapist he appears to be a pretty seedy guy. I get that she was a little bit bigger than other girls in the industry but it's ridiculous that she was expected to be on an all liquid diet and was reprimanded for eating some turkey. Britney worked with this guy on two albums- both albums that she has referenced as being ones that she didn't enjoy doing on Jonathan Ross. No wonder. It's weird though, I get that Dr. Luke produces her music but was he also like a manager of sorts too? Is it because he owns kemosabe records (which she is on)? Because Britney has producers but I don't feel like Max Martin would have a say in her diet or personal life- Britney wouldn't have that

She didnt say that, did she? i mean i dont remember such a quote ? link pls :mhm:

as for Kesha its really sad and ridiculus. I mean he didnt say it like "u cant eat this or that" but basically if u put on weight producers wont be working with u which is true, its a warning. But after all these problems btwn her and him, such statements that leaks makes it horrible annoying him still forcing her to do what he wants. Just leave her alone. I mean how would u make yourself come clean after all? 

its also interesting that she had a time that producers didnt want to work with her :omg:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, f_rhythm said:

She didnt say that, did she? i mean i dont remember such a quote ? link pls :mhm:

as for Kesha its really sad and ridiculus. I mean he didnt say it like "u cant eat this or that" but basically if u put on weight producers wont be working with u which is true, its a warning. But after all these problems btwn her and him, such statements that leaks makes it horrible annoying him still forcing her to do what he wants. Just leave her alone. I mean how would u make yourself come clean after all? 

its also interesting that she had a time that producers didnt want to work with her :omg:

 

 

It's touched on if you scroll down to near the bottom of this http://www.breatheheavy.com/preview-britneys-appearance-on-the-jonathan-ross-show/. She references her previous lack of ability to record what she wanted. This is in the context of her conservatorship so that would leave Circus-BJ and Dr Luke produced his only songs with her during that time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, December02 said:

It's touched on if you scroll down to near the bottom of this http://www.breatheheavy.com/preview-britneys-appearance-on-the-jonathan-ross-show/. She references her previous lack of ability to record what she wanted. This is in the context of her conservatorship so that would leave Circus-BJ and Dr Luke produced his only songs with her during that time. 

Well we didnt hear it on tv it might be fan speculation.  Plus she is still under conversation :mhm:  i dont like the album tho i just wanted to know if she really said this ::shameless:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.