We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

BoyToySoldier

I can't believe Slumber Party flopped

On 2/5/2017 at 1:13 AM, It'sSamB!tch said:

The GP kinda likes it tho, it's the lack of promotion (surprise surprise) that's causing the low rates.

The video is amazing too so that ain't the problem. It's just like with her previous album it's almost like she never released it because she isn't doing anything with it...and Vegas really doesn't count cause 99% of the people attending her shows are fans

There was so much promo for Make Me and it just never took off as it should have. Vmas and so many promos with ellen and jimmy and carpool.. how much more would u want her to promote. We cant blame just the bad video..

On 2/3/2017 at 10:35 PM, PokemonSpears said:

I'm not surprised it flopped. It was a terrible choice as a single.

However, for me SP flopping, meant peaking at top 50 at least. I never thought it was gonna be worse than Perfume :sassybrit:

I think it was a perfect single choice. It flopped because there was no promotion. It did pretty well on radio considering. 

If any song on that album deserved a video and deserved to be remembered in Britneyland it was Slumber Party and Make Me...  

4 hours ago, mathewlovesbritney said:

There was so much promo for Make Me and it just never took off as it should have. Vmas and so many promos with ellen and jimmy and carpool.. how much more would u want her to promote. We cant blame just the bad video..

iTunes banners, radio deals. The shitty video. 

She never does it all. She only does one thing or the other. 

She also needs to start prerecording vocals and singing live at least a quarter of the time. 

With make me she ruined the video, released the album on a shitty week to correspond with a shitty award show that added nothing. But she did a bunch of interviews and performances. 

With Slumber Party, she had an amazing video and was doing well on radio, but no one knew it was out. It didnt get any banners, there was no advertising for it at all. Britney isn't on the radar anymore and that's the problem. She needs to do something like the Super Bowl to really come back and she needs to hit it out of the park. 

Also consider, they dont care about fame and charts right now. Brit's main concern is doing her job from time A to time B and then being able to go home and be a mom and really give her children the most normal childhood she can. Once her kids are older, the focus will be back on wowing the masses .

Don't worry. I think she'll do the superbowl in 2019. By that time the kids will already be 14 and won't really wanna spend much time with mom. 

She'll probably go on a world tour and really come back one last time. And then probably start a new Vegas show and just retire.  

4 minutes ago, nels64 said:

I think it was a perfect single choice. It flopped because there was no promotion. It did pretty well on radio considering. 

If any song on that album deserved a video and deserved to be remembered in Britneyland it was Slumber Party and Make Me...  

hell no

Make Me... did deserve a video, not that thing we got. SP video is very good and it's the only thing I can rescue, but there are so many songs that deserved to be released as singles, with video, more than SP: DYWCO, Liar, Better, If I'm Dancing, Man on the Moon. Even CYM which I wouldn't like as a third single, should've been released before SP. Even Invitation or Private Show too.

Slumber Party is just so, un-Britneyish. It's just too boring. They had released a slow song already as the lead single, they needed something more uptempo, and then SP if they wanted to.

7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

hell no

Make Me... did deserve a video, not that thing we got. SP video is very good and it's the only thing I can rescue, but there are so many songs that deserved to be released as singles, with video, more than SP: DYWCO, Liar, Better, If I'm Dancing, Man on the Moon. Even CYM which I wouldn't like as a third single, should've been released before SP. Even Invitation or Private Show too.

Slumber Party is just so, un-Britneyish. It's just too boring. They had released a slow song already as the lead single, they needed something more uptempo, and then SP if they wanted to.

I disagree extremely. Slumber Party was different enough but still had that Britney touch. 

I also think DYWCO and MOTM deserved single treatment. DYWCO was very safe Britney though, and MOTM is definitely a last single of the era type of single. 

Slumber Party imo is undeniably Britney but also experiments with her sound and takes her in a different direction like MOST of her most memorable singles do. 

Slumber Party "flopped" because there was no support. 

I still think it'll be remembered and still be an important part of her discography. 

it honestly could have been a hit but they aren't promoting it , its only been vegas they are focusing on maybe a world tour or more tv appearances can save glory 

Had so much potential it makes me sad, with the right promo it could been a hit I believe :meltdown:

make me could of been too but the promo was done at all the wrong times, she was shadowed in the VMAS by other artists who put on a massive performance 

5 hours ago, nels64 said:

I disagree extremely. Slumber Party was different enough but still had that Britney touch. 

I also think DYWCO and MOTM deserved single treatment. DYWCO was very safe Britney though, and MOTM is definitely a last single of the era type of single. 

Slumber Party imo is undeniably Britney but also experiments with her sound and takes her in a different direction like MOST of her most memorable singles do. 

Slumber Party "flopped" because there was no support. 

I still think it'll be remembered and still be an important part of her discography. 

Don't know about her discography, but at least it will be remembered as one of her best videos. I mean, is not anywhere near the top, but it does fall in the category of her best videos, at least on the great videos.

On ‎4‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 2:33 PM, BoyToySoldier said:

I literally can't. :meltdown:

An amazing video, a catchy song with a current sound, radio had promising updates for over 2 months and... N O T H I N G.

Britney...

WHY U NO PROMOTE LIKE MAKE ME ? :byebitch:

I've got a hundred MILLION REASONS why it floppedddddd :selenerz:

6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Don't know about her discography, but at least it will be remembered as one of her best videos. I mean, is not anywhere near the top, but it does fall in the category of her best videos, at least on the great videos.

Oh yeah definitely not the top...but I would say top 20 for sure. 

I like the song alright, but it just feels too slow. Make Me also suffered from it's sleepiness. 

She needs a floor filler -- a real, big dance anthem to take over the clubs & airwaves.