We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
breatheheavy

Mel B Wonders If Mariah Carey Lost Her Voice

20 posts in this topic

Same.

Same.

Everyone has an opinion on Mariah Carey's disastrous New Year's Eve performance, and if you're a BreatheHeavy reader (you are!), an onslaught of coverage in the aftermath has engulfed the Internet (just in case you need catching up, here's the Mariah Carey category on BH). The chatter has now made its way onto daytime television when it became one of the topics on The Real with special guest Mel B.

The Spice Girl witnessed the debauchery in-person, and had this to say about it: "I was in complete shock. I was like, 'why did you let that happen?' And this is Mariah who's an amazing singer, an amazing performer. Maybe she doesn't have that voice anymore."

She adds: "She was having probably a rough day vocally and didn't even want to attempt that when it actually came to singing live, because some of the track was pre-recorded, and some of it was left blank for her to sing live."

Don't worry though, she's still a big fan.

Watch:

Do you agree with Mel B or nah? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

I saw Mariah at the Beacon Theatre last month. She definitely sung live and I can say she definitely did not lose her voice. Mel B should focus on rebuilding her defeated wounded career. But hey I guess you don't make much sense of your life once you marry a previous sexual predator. Mel B should take her moms advice more :staysalty:

Those shows, like the View or the Wendy Williams show and others, I pass. A bunch of people who sit around a table and just blurp anything they want on the account of others. I know the fact that I'm commenting is in a way me saying whatever about people but I'm not a singer or an actor but those people have been. And they just sit there and say whatever they want like we need to drink their words or something. It baffles me. I won't defend Mariah's performance and I think people need to let it die already (the performance) and move on, but moments like that are tailor-made for those hosts who just need anything to just lash out. 

Why are people bashing Mel B for speaking her mind? Mariah can't perform her own hits without reading the lyrics from a screen. She CAN'T sing the way she used too. She STILL has a voice, however she lost THAT voice. Probably due to the excessive drinking...but she'll bounce back...Mariah always does

She didn't preserve her voice and of course she doesn't have the voice she used to.Celine is still flawless for example.

However the shocking thing is that even at her worst days Mariah sings above the average.She's better than most of shitty singers out there.

13 hours ago, Chris88 said:

let it die already (the performance) 

haha sorry it made me laugh a little.

2 hours ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

LMAO love Mel B but don't think any of the Spice Girls were particularly noted for their vocals lol, Mel C had the best voice but could never be compared to Mariah in any way. Also the Spice Girls used to lip sync all. the. time witness this classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObySADmFp2g

Still love Mel B though :dorkney:

No, they did NOT use to lipsync all the time. What are you talking about? 

TV- performances for chart shows and talk shows etc were usually lip- synced ofc, but that's about that.

15 hours ago, The Holy Spearit said:

I saw Mariah at the Beacon Theatre last month. She definitely sung live and I can say she definitely did not lose her voice. Mel B should focus on rebuilding her defeated wounded career. But hey I guess you don't make much sense of your life once you marry a previous sexual predator. Mel B should take her moms advice more :staysalty:

How is her career defeated? She's doing MAJOR stuff in the USA, UK AAAND Australia? She's also a regular in the media across the globe. I can see if you feel insulted by what she said(which she tried to better by her tweet after) but you shouldn't try to come for her or insult her by saying something with no point or truth behind it at all. It's like saying "Kim K isn't wealthy" when she clearly is, just because you dislike her, for example. 

55 minutes ago, ebritneybeat said:

She didn't preserve her voice and of course she doesn't have the voice she used to.Celine is still flawless for example.

However the shocking thing is that even at her worst days Mariah sings above the average.She's better than most of shitty singers out there.

Mariah sure doesn't have the same normal which is normal and it doesn't mean it's that bad.

She drinks a lot so it surely changed while Celine actually cares about her voice and take care of it.

I see no lies in what Mel B said. She wasnt being mean. Mariah made a fool of herself. She prob needed something to take her down a notch so she will actually try again. 

12 hours ago, NiceSpears said:

How is her career defeated? She's doing MAJOR stuff in the USA, UK AAAND Australia? She's also a regular in the media across the globe. I can see if you feel insulted by what she said(which she tried to better by her tweet after) but you shouldn't try to come for her or insult her by saying something with no point or truth behind it at all. It's like saying "Kim K isn't wealthy" when she clearly is, just because you dislike her, for example. 

In the music industry, she has no career, she'll never have a hit and of couse she'll never have 18 n1 :staysalty: she's just doing xfactor, AGT, nothing important for her musical career.

9 hours ago, Camilo said:

In the music industry, she has no career, she'll never have a hit and of couse she'll never have 18 n1 :staysalty: she's just doing xfactor, AGT, nothing important for her musical career.

Lol do you even know who you're talking about? I'm 100% sure she ain't never gonna set that as a goal for a solo- music career. I don't think she will ever go for one again except for perhaps an album here and there every 10th year if even that. Plus, she already did conquer the world musically.

She's SUPER- SUCCESFUL and you're completely stuipid- ass wrong for saying she "just doing X Factor, AGT". The career she has today 20 years later, as a British singer from a supergroup, is incredible. She's doing MAJOR bookings worldwide and doing not one but THREE different talentshows in the UK, US and Aussie. Plus Broadway- musicals, endorsment- deals, TV gigs etc. Who does that, coming from a girl group, 20 years later???? 

Mel has also been quite well- known for speaking before she thinks, but she has always had a warm good heart and she is down to earth. She's also funny as hell. She didn't mean to shade Mariah - she just asked "what the heck was going on?" like everyone else. 

On 1/10/2017 at 3:53 PM, The Holy Spearit said:

Omg I saw her last month too :slayney: