We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

JamesExhale

K-Pop Group 2NE1 Is Officially Disbanding: Read The Statement

27 posts in this topic

UPDATE: CL and Sandara write emotional letters to fans.

UPDATE // NOVEMBER 29:

2NE1 band member turned solo star, CL, shared a touching letter with fans, dubbed the Blackjacks, on her Twitter. She explains the love for her ex bandmates and appreciation from supporters.

“I just wanted to let you guys know that we are all still here and we will always be one team, one family," she wrote. "Minzy, Bom, Dara will all be doing great things on their own and I will always love and support them.”

Sandara also wrote a note:

EARLIER // NOVEMBER 25:

It's a sad day for K-Pop.

K-Pop sees the end of one of their most beloved acts as 2NE1 is officially disbanding.

On Friday (November 25), YG Entertainment broke the news via an official statement, revealing that the contracts for members CL, Bom Park, Minzy Gong and Sandara Park expired back in May of 2016. After rapper Minzy left the act in April, the future of the band was left in question since it'd leave 2NE1 to march on as trio.

"2NE1’s exclusive contract with YG was over and as Minzy was no longer able to continue with us YG and the other members after long discussion have decided to officially disband 2NE1," a translation of the statement reads.

Nonetheless, the South Korean entertainment company will still have ties with CL and Sandara Park as the two will be repped by YG Entertainment for their solo endeavors. Unfortunately, the statement also revealed that Bom Park was not offered a similar renewal.

Read the full statement below:

As of May 2016, 2NE1’s exclusive contract with YG was over and as Minzy was no longer able to continue with us YG and the other members after long discussion have decided to officially disband 2NE1.

As 2NE1 has been the representing girl group of YG for the last 7 years, we cannot express how sad we are, however we have decided that it would be too hard for them to keep going and rather than wait on 2NE1’s activities without promise of when it will happen decided to focus on the members’ solo careers.

We would like to thank everyone for their love and support for 2NE1 and their music.

As of 2016 May, we have signed solo artist contracts with CL and Sandara Park and Park Bom has not resigned with YG.

What's your favorite 2NE1 song? Sound off in Exhale!

Oh well, I saw it coming.  Golden era of Kpop has been dying since 2012-3.

Can't stress about it though, BLACKPINK and BTS need my concern and love right now - Need them to win at MAMA!  :) 

I'm so sad, they were the biggest female K-Pop group in the world. That pisses me off that they're not signing park bom, she's so amazing, and both of her solo singles did so well. Hopefully she'll still make music. :otears:

1 hour ago, CashmereCat said:

Can't stress about it though, BLACKPINK and BTS need my concern and love right now - Need them to win at MAMA!  :) 

Didn't you used to have an avi of Jin? :unbelievableney:

It was the group that introduced me to k-pop :otears: But I can't say that I wasn't expecting that. When Minzy left I was REALLY surprised that Bom decided to stay in YG but now we know that she left too. 2NE1 was a mess since CL started preparing to her US debut tbh :byebitch:
At least Dal Shabet still exists... But they are such flops that I'm afraid they'll disband soon too and I don't want that :crying1:

20 hours ago, CashmereCat said:

I don't think is dying, is growing even faster and bigger, but sadly the oldest groups that changed the game are disbanding, i'm sad sis. :crying1: I have a lot of faves tho but still...

Also when Minzy left we had this coming...CL even said in a interview that ''SHE WAS'' on a group called 2ne1. :( 

On 26/11/2016 at 7:27 PM, CashmereCat said:

Nope lol maybe Kookie but my bias is Suga <3

I think it was Suga, he's so cute :cinderellaney: It was an avi of him waving in all his ginger glory :hipney:

21 hours ago, Acai Berry said:

At least Dal Shabet still exists... But they are such flops that I'm afraid they'll disband soon too and I don't want that 

I don't listen to them but they remind me of Stellar, i'm not even a fan of Stellar but that group is amazing, i feel both groups will disband because they just keep flopping :crying1:

21 minutes ago, ohoney said:

I don't listen to them but they remind me of Stellar, i'm not even a fan of Stellar but that group is amazing, i feel both groups will disband because they just keep flopping :crying1:

I will cry so hard the day Stellar disbands. Their last mini album is heaven. But Cry feels like a good-bye...

Let's hope for antoher Japanese SNSD album.

(They're so much better than the korean SNSD albums. Minus Lion Heart)

5 minutes ago, GodBritneyyy said:

I will cry so hard the day Stellar disbands. Their last mini album is heaven. But Cry feels like a good-bye...

Let's hope for antoher Japanese SNSD album.

(They're so much better than the korean SNSD albums. Minus Lion Heart)

I still gonna miss Jessica :crying1: let's hope SM thinks of releasing a SHY sub-unit. 

1 hour ago, ohoney said:

Sis I've been stanning Dal Shabet since mid 2014, do you know how hard it was for me to see my faves flop three times in a row? :byebitch: 
As for Stellar, I love them too :otears: I love all these flop girl groups like Dal Shabet, Stellar, Spica, Hello Venus, Rainbow etc. but now that Rainbow disbanded I feel like more girl groups that are not successful will do the same and I'm not ready for that :sobbing:

2 hours ago, ohoney said:

I still gonna miss Jessica :crying1: let's hope SM thinks of releasing a SHY sub-unit. 

I'm still hoping for a solo by Yuri or Seohyun. But it's not gonna happen after the flop that Secret (Bop of the Year) was. 

And the way SM treated their anniversary... Just a SM Station Single? They must be kiddin' me

2 hours ago, Acai Berry said:

Sis I've been stanning Dal Shabet since mid 2014, do you know how hard it was for me to see my faves flop three times in a row? :byebitch: 
As for Stellar, I love them too :otears: I love all these flop girl groups like Dal Shabet, Stellar, Spica, Hello Venus, Rainbow etc. but now that Rainbow disbanded I feel like more girl groups that are not successful will do the same and I'm not ready for that :sobbing:

I don't want to imagine a K-Pop world without Stellar or Hello Venus. Who will give us the sexual bops we need in the future? :nydisgust: