We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Shadow.

Britney will never be as successful as she once was

Unless she changes it up. Don't get me wrong I love Glory, I love her new found confidence and I love the fact she's found a passion for music again.

But she is a 34 year old mum of two. She can't always just sing about sex and clubbing, wear skimpy clothes and then talk about how boring she is. Her image has to change if she wants the GP to really pay attention again. I think the main issue is that GP is bored of her. Her image hasn't really changed since 2008 and her music hasn't matured much since 2003.

She isn't 24 anymore and I think Britney/her team need to realise that. Instead of riding on the coattails of her old success why not be inventive and show the maturer side of Britney? It's obvious with the Make Me drama and the cut scenes from WB she isn't comfortable being overly sexual anymore and is aware that her kids could see what she's doing.

That's if she wants success (good point @Alien.)

14 minutes ago, Alien. said:

she is not gonna be as successful as she was because she doesnt want to.

even if she wanted to I don't think she could have the same level of success as in her prime. it's simply been way too long and the music scene has completely changed, with new singers and new audience. she may have a big hit again here and there, but not the constant success she used to have.

what do you mean by mature image?

it's Britney's decision to wear thongs in front of a large crowd, she says random things like "I want a nerd with a big penis" ...like ???? 

in 2016 she has no problem being hot chick and MM issue was clearly something else 
anyway I don't even know what image she should be in...sing country songs live? gp is not here for it
I personally don't care, I love her, but when you all say about mature image and sound without sex at all it doesn't make sense to me because pop music=sex = sales and Britney was/ is definition of pop culture 

Her music is fine, Britney will always be pop, sexy etc. Glory is perfect for her age.

The only thing I agree with is that does need a reinvention of her style/image. She had the same tired look since FF. she does need to try new things.

she needs to single live!

17 minutes ago, Alien. said:

she is not gonna be as successful as she was because she doesnt want to.

and there's a reason she doesnt want to. :) we all know 2007. as much as I want her to be as big, i want her to be happy. :crying11:

I honestly think she has SOOOOO much to offer as an artist. But she probably doesn't know how to, and her team don't seem to explore her artistic side. They just want to the same old stuff they used to do because they think it's more safe. 

She and her team don't know how to be successful in this day in age they're stuck in the past. You've got to be cool to be poppin but she isn't really seen as cool she's seen as a mom , which is completely fine and I think she's happy with how her career is. 

She's not in her early 20's anymore, %80 of her fanbase are in their mid 20's/30's! They're not gonna do the same things they did 15 years ago! She won't have thousands of people outside the TRL studios screaming to see her!!

Time has changed, now it does take a lot of work to be successful, not just good records and good performances! Albums does not sell like how it used to be!! Social medias takes a big part of the success these days, putting yourself out there in every single event/award, magazine covers, intensive promo & the image itself! 

She had a VERY successful & long career unlike any other artist from her generation!

I think we need to accept the fact that she's at relevant as she can be these days which is still quite good to be honest considering how sh!t her life was at some point! She's in a good place right now and actually seems like she's enjoying what she's doing!!!