We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

breatheheavy

You've Got To See Brian Friedman's "Change Your Mind" Choreography

146 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Passengerney said:

Am I the only that skips when males are dancing, I'm sorry but I can't take it seriously when men dance like that, it's too much. I love how the choreography looks when a woman does it, it's sexy AF. :comingthru:

I agree with you, when the girls do it... GODDAM like HELLO!

but the dudes dancing like that is just not my style either and im not homophobic lmfao.

I think this song is catchy enough to be a hit on radio, it's different and with a hot video I think it would be a smash! What do you think? :lustney::bootyney:

I'm gonna be honest. I don't like it. At all. And those Brian's face expressions are just... I don't know, I don't like. And the other guys? The same. Generally I don't like the heels in dance (both, girls or boys), even for Britney 

I agree tbh. Its also second most streamed song right after Slaying Party with a slice gap WW so numbers tell all :gelis: ( except promo songs)

I don't mean any disrespect, but even if GOD himself coreographed it...Britney cannot execute it...Brian Friedman can.
Dancing is a physical process and her joints are wearing down...we can't push her career forward based on choreography,
anymore...a song like "just luv me" will help show the beauty of her vocals and help showcase her as more than a stage
dancer...her label, her team, and her entire fanbase wishes she could even operate as quickly as the dancers within the
video...it's time for a different strategy. I'll play the opposing side and say that at her prime, she could do the 
chicken dance and have us lusting, but in this time and day...she is no longer a sexual being in terms of her stage presence.
It seems forced on her, and no longer organic but instead based on her tradition...she doesn't seem as interested,
so why force it...she's not flattering herself by going this route...it hurts me to see her be used within this image, but...
this takes away from her strengths and reminds us what she can no longer do. Even at her prime, at her most sexually
fluid, she would still have a difficult time with such choreography...why not try to be mysterious and take a 
"less is more approach" this time around?

Its good... but its not good enough for Britney.

Its good for them to have fun with, showcase their skills and just move along with to the beat.
However its no where near 'Slave' or 'Toxic' standards. I mean maybe its not meant to be, seeing as
this wasn't choreographed for Britney. So I would imagine if he was choreographing for Britney, he'd go
for something a lot better, more feminine and memorable. Though I can't help but feel like Andre and Wade
would give Britney the best routines nowadays. I think Andre gave her choreography that was visually very stylish,
memorable and entertaining. I remember the Circus and Womanizer choreography. Even though its much simpler
than Britney's previous routines, its still feels iconic, memorable and very Britney. I think he made sure that visually
it would look amazing, but still be doable for Britney to deliver back all the way in 2009, as she was just getting back
into it all and didn't want too much pressure. Its just a shame that Andre is no longer with us anymore because now that
she's been working harder, improving her dancing and pushing herself... I reckon he could have really helped with her
dancing again and given her a challenge that would have elevated her choreography and general dancing skills to a whole new level.
With Wade as well its a shame because due to her C-Ship with the drug and alcohol testings, extreme regulations etc
that Wade didn't seem to pass on, he has since been unable and restricted to work with Britney which I think is a huge mistake 
because I believe he could help her drastically, maybe even more so than Andre! I remember how well they worked together, how easy and effortless he made it all for her and kept it simple even when the choreography was challenging. 

If she ever tours again she needs Wade as choreographer and Jamie King as Tour Director.
That way she is sure to have another iconic, flawless tour and her dancing and performances will slay the f**k out of everyone. 

10 minutes ago, 517113 said:

I don't mean any disrespect, but even if GOD himself coreographed it...Britney cannot execute it...Brian Friedman can.
Dancing is a physical process and her joints are wearing down...we can't push her career forward based on choreography,
anymore...a song like "just luv me" will help show the beauty of her vocals and help showcase her as more than a stage
dancer...her label, her team, and her entire fanbase wishes she could even operate as quickly as the dancers within the
video...it's time for a different strategy. I'll play the opposing side and say that at her prime, she could do the 
chicken dance and have us lusting, but in this time and day...she is no longer a sexual being in terms of her stage presence.
It seems forced on her, and no longer organic but instead based on her tradition...she doesn't seem as interested,
so why force it...she's not flattering herself by going this route...it hurts me to see her be used within this image, but...
this takes away from her strengths and reminds us what she can no longer do. Even at her prime, at her most sexually
fluid, she would still have a difficult time with such choreography...why not try to be mysterious and take a 

It can't happen if she doesn't sing which how things have gone this era won't ever happen. 

The lipping holds her back as an artist. 

2 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

It can't happen if she doesn't sing which how things have gone this era won't ever happen. 

The lipping holds her back as an artist. 

...BINGO.

6 minutes ago, Kiiddy said:

Its good... but its not good enough for Britney.

Its good for them to have fun with, showcase their skills and just move along with to the beat.
However its no where near 'Slave' or 'Toxic' standards. I mean maybe its not meant to be, seeing as
this wasn't choreographed for Britney. So I would imagine if he was choreographing for Britney, he'd go
for something a lot better, more feminine and memorable. Though I can't help but feel like Andre and Wade
would give Britney the best routines nowadays. I think Andre gave her choreography that was visually very stylish,
memorable and entertaining. I remember the Circus and Womanizer choreography. Even though its much simpler
than Britney's previous routines, its still feels iconic, memorable and very Britney. I think he made sure that visually
it would look amazing, but still be doable for Britney to deliver back all the way in 2009, as she was just getting back
into it all and didn't want too much pressure. Its just a shame that Andre is no longer with us anymore because now that
she's been working harder, improving her dancing and pushing herself... I reckon he could have really helped with her
dancing again and given her a challenge that would have elevated her choreography and general dancing skills to a whole new level.
With Wade as well its a shame because due to her C-Ship with the drug and alcohol testings, extreme regulations etc
that Wade didn't seem to pass on, he has since been unable and restricted to work with Britney which I think is a huge mistake 
because I believe he could help her drastically, maybe even more so than Andre! I remember how well they worked together, how easy and effortless he made it all for her and kept it simple even when the choreography was challenging. 

If she ever tours again she needs Wade as choreographer and Jamie King as Tour Director.
That way she is sure to have another iconic, flawless tour and her dancing and performances will slay the f**k out of everyone. 

Great statement...you said that, beautifully...her career is in GOD's hands, now...it's out of our control, apparently.

Just now, Spearsfan said:

Yes but she isn't gonna be to change. So I guess that leaves us in limbo. 

I guess it could be worse...we could be her. :-/

30 minutes ago, 517113 said:

Sorry but I think that's quite a silly move. I also feel like its giving up. Britney isn't a bad dancer.
So why do you feel the need to say such a thing? Over 90% of her fan base LOVE when she dances.
Its only Exhale that moan as much about her dancing than anywhere else. 
What I think is so incredibly unfair regarding all of this is the overly critical and unnecessarily heavy and harsh judgement
and constant comparisons to how she danced back when she was 19. I just think its ridiculous at this rate. Britney doesn't have to get over dancing.
People need to get over the past. Britney said she'd be dead without dancing, so I would never want her to stop pushing herself and doing what makes her feel alive. F**k what exhale and the GP say... who are they even? Who are they to dictate whether or not she dances or not? They're nobody. They're completely irrelevant to her choice on whether or not she wants to dance. 
She dances better than almost any other female in this entire music industry, with the exception of maybe Tinashe and Ciara.
However if were talking about A-LIST, she is the best dancer among A-LIST mainstream female artists. 
She has improved over the years, so its likely she'll keep improving in her own time and on her own terms as she continues.
I don't have a problem with her dancing, though I would have a problem if she quit all together and gave up on dancing.
That is not the Britney I know and love. My Britney is a fighter, survivor, inspiration and a dancing Queen that gets better every time she comes back. No one and nothing should take that away from her or try to change that and make her feel like she needs to give up.
No one. Never. 

11 minutes ago, Kiiddy said:

Sorry but I think that's quite a silly move. I also feel like its giving up. Britney isn't a bad dancer.
So why do you feel the need to say such a thing? Over 90% of her fan base LOVE when she dances.
Its only Exhale that moan as much about her dancing than anywhere else. 
What I think is so incredibly unfair regarding all of this is the overly critical and unnecessarily heavy and harsh judgement
and constant comparisons to how she danced back when she was 19. I just think its ridiculous at this rate. Britney doesn't have to get over dancing.
People need to get over the past. Britney said she'd be dead without dancing, so I would never want her to stop pushing herself and doing what makes her feel alive. F**k what exhale and the GP say... who are they even? Who are they to dictate whether or not she dances or not? They're nobody. They're completely irrelevant to her choice on whether or not she wants to dance. 
She dances better than almost any other female in this entire music industry, with the exception of maybe Tinashe and Ciara.
However if were talking about A-LIST, she is the best dancer among A-LIST mainstream female artists. 
She has improved over the years, so its likely she'll keep improving in her own time and on her own terms as she continues.
I don't have a problem with her dancing, though I would have a problem if she quit all together and gave up on dancing.
That is not the Britney I know and love. My Britney is a fighter, survivor and a dancing Queen. No one and nothing should change that.

I love your appreciation for her...I like her dancing, too. Am I allowed to like her dancing while adding in a suggestion to showcase other aspects of her talent, too? :yesplease: