We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

fucknfurter

Tiny Britney Reference/Homage on Carmilla

So I'm probably the only one here who watches the webseries, but the second act of the third season came out earlier tonight and in episode 19, there was this:

tumblr_oeaoi6lI4t1s3bxtso1_540.png

For those of you who don't know it, it's very loosely based off of the vampire novel Carmilla and is this cute, cheese-tastic little supernatural based webseries on Youtube. They reference a lot of shows and movies -- Doctor Who, Buffy the Vampire Slayer was referenced quite frequently in the first act of this season, etc -- and I saw this and had to flail a little about it. :carpoolney:

Not posting this in Britney's section because I don't think it deserves to be thrown in there, but I had to share somewhere.

3 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I fucking love Carmilla. :yesplease: I haven't finished Season Zero or watched Season 3 yet, but Season 2's finale had me DYING. :crying1: That poor sexy frat boy got totally fed on by that mannish redheaded lesbian he was in love with and it pissed me off. :lessons: 

Oh, thank God someone else watches it, I felt so silly for a little bit for this lol. But YES. Absolutely same here. And ugh, I can't fucking stand Danny (I think that's her name, Idk). I was so sad about her feeding on Kirsch. :sobbing: It should have been the other way around, like no one likes Danny.

20 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

Oh, thank God someone else watches it, I felt so silly for a little bit for this lol. But YES. Absolutely same here. And ugh, I can't fucking stand Danny (I think that's her name, Idk). I was so sad about her feeding on Kirsch. :sobbing: It should have been the other way around, like no one likes Danny.

Especially not Laura. :woopsie:

2 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

That bitch is so jealous of Carmilla. I fucking love Carmilla, though.

But I'm still undecided on whether or not I like the changes to Laura and Carmilla from the source material.

She is, like it's still a thing in this season. (Of course.) Carmilla is definitely my favorite character.

And I think personally I'm a little meh of the character set up for Laura as compared to in the novel-- I love the two of them together, but I know in the novel she was very, very wary of Carmilla even while being completely charmed by her. I would have liked if they'd kept that in character. Carmilla's changes I actually think I approve of. (But to be fair, I am biased because, favorite.)

Just now, fucknfurter said:

She is, like it's still a thing in this season. (Of course.) Carmilla is definitely my favorite character.

And I think personally I'm a little meh of the character set up for Laura as compared to in the novel-- I love the two of them together, but I know in the novel she was very, very wary of Carmilla even while being completely charmed by her. I would have liked if they'd kept that in character. Carmilla's changes I actually think I approve of. (But to be fair, I am biased because, favorite.)

I mean, I'm glad Carmilla's no longer Laura's ancestor, 'cause ew, incest, and I like that they made her aware of the seduction she pulled on young girls, but I don't like the cliché "damaged, emo vampire" thing they did with her. I love her mother, though. When she possessed Laura, that bitch gave me Regina and Cora teas!

4 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

I mean, I'm glad Carmilla's no longer Laura's ancestor, 'cause ew, incest, and I like that they made her aware of the seduction she pulled on young girls, but I don't like the cliché "damaged, emo vampire" thing they did with her. I love her mother, though. When she possessed Laura, that bitch gave me Regina and Cora teas!

lmao, no, definitely agreed on all fronts. It started turning into a pity party there with Carmilla for a bit. And oh, the Dean! I was afraid until the end of second season that we wouldn't get to see her again, but she's a prominent role and I'll tell you, she still gives off major Regina and Cora vibes! I've loved every appearance she's made so far.

6 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

lmao, no, definitely agreed on all fronts. It started turning into a pity party there with Carmilla for a bit. And oh, the Dean! I was afraid until the end of second season that we wouldn't get to see her again, but she's a prominent role and I'll tell you, she still gives off major Regina and Cora vibes! I've loved every appearance she's made so far.

She slays my soul. Her possessing that frumpy little redhead? I didn't see it coming till the last minute, but I should've. Bitch was off all season, and I didn't even notice.

20 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

She slays my soul. Her possessing that frumpy little redhead? I didn't see it coming till the last minute, but I should've. Bitch was off all season, and I didn't even notice.

Same here! She just kept going on about cleaning and the same crap she always did save for those little moments, so I was completely floored when it was finally revealed. Whoever that actress is is good, she's done a fantastic job with the Dean so far.

8 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

Same here! She just kept going on about cleaning and the same crap she always did save for those little moments, so I was completely floored when it was finally revealed. Whoever that actress is is good, she's done a fantastic job with the Dean so far.

And in season zero, when she's a fucking hippy? And that femenazi sorority sister who was a fucking nerd? This college changes people, it's fucking crazy.

13 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

And in season zero, when she's a fucking hippy? And that femenazi sorority sister who was a fucking nerd? This college changes people, it's fucking crazy.

It does! The only two it hasn't seemed to change is Laura -- this is judging by the short appearance she made in the video tapes in zero and by the things her father says about her childhood in season three -- and Carmilla. Carmilla makes sense because she's a vampire, but Laura.... I guess she's just really that stubborn.

35 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

It does! The only two it hasn't seemed to change is Laura -- this is judging by the short appearance she made in the video tapes in zero and by the things her father says about her childhood in season three -- and Carmilla. Carmilla makes sense because she's a vampire, but Laura.... I guess she's just really that stubborn.

LMAO either that or she's the chosen one of something or other. :queenflopga: