We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

I came out of fan retirement for you, Britney Jean...

29 minutes ago, Jesus Spears said:

You say you care just about the music, then why are you expecting her to do promo? If you don't care about the charts, why are you expecting her to do promo.... You're contradicting yourself here... If you cared about the music, you should be thankful she's providing quality with this new album unlike with BJ. She clearly doesn't care about "ruining her legacy", and she won't do "major promo" or more promo than she did with BJ. Just to say, I hated BJ too, but it didn't affect me bc besides the music everything else was better than the FF era and now everything is better than the BJ era (except for promo). Just enjoy the music/upcoming performances and that's it :plzney:

Because showing interest and promoting your newly released music as well as your brand is a logical thing to do. She should care about her legacy and her reputation, though. She's worked hard for it. I am grateful for the new song and am excited for the album, but I'm also hoping she'll give it her best, since this album is supposed to be "her baby". 

1 hour ago, Erreur 2 La Nature said:

I agree she has to dedicate herself to this new project or nobody is going to stan her anymore and she will fade away

28alt1wdwu7pwtk2g.gif

I could stan to her dust, nobody will stop me :queenflopga:

1 hour ago, ErJ runs away said:

I could stan to her dust, nobody will stop me :queenflopga:

This. I'll stan until the day my heart stops beating, don't care if she becomes a full-time mum, I'd stan for those exclusive recipes

1KSmzW.gif

True, BJ was a huge disappointment, but to be fair, they were primarily focusing on Vegas.

But if we're looking at where she is today, she is so much better, both in terms of her happiness & energy as well as her music :howiroll:

Probably one of the or the best time to be a stan/fan after ITZ era tbh :howiroll:

3 hours ago, 1985 said:

Because showing interest and promoting your newly released music as well as your brand is a logical thing to do. She should care about her legacy and her reputation, though. She's worked hard for it. I am grateful for the new song and am excited for the album, but I'm also hoping she'll give it her best, since this album is supposed to be "her baby". 

lol

"she should care about her legacy and reputation"  shes the one that paved thje way for all these garbage pop stars today lol tell me again why she needs to do anything, because last time I heard BBMA's already coined her the Princess of Pop and im sure everyone thinks the same so o o o o o o o o o o o

4 hours ago, 1985 said:

Seems more like obsession to me. Good to know you'll stop obsessing and stanning when you hit 30. Now go away.

WTF...? That "Britney, Britney..." Doesn't mean ANYTHING. You know people exaggerate their online profile on FANSITES? Why would I disclose my personal interests on that level? God. I have like 3K posts in 3 years which works out as 2 or 3 posts a day

Read the title of your damn thread. You sound like a teenage One Direction fan upset about Zayn Malik leaving. You're THIRTY. 

"Go away" but who quoted who first boo? Exactly. It's time to hang it up. Go focus on work, family etc. You're not our age when you should be a fan on that level. If you can't get that then your life must be really sucky to live 

16 hours ago, Daxx said:

Sis you better not, I became a stan during that era :rihcackle:

Yeah, I keep asking myself how.

The worst part is that I really enjoyed it lol, because at the time I was just so grateful, first of all, that she was still alive after 2007-early 2008, and then, that she was still doing music. I had accepted that that was the new Britney, an awkward, robot-ish, kinda bloated girl doing those dance moves, and I was ok with it. For me, it wasn't until a few years later, the BJ era precisely, that in retrospective it looked horrendous because from 2013 onwards she proved she still got it, she still was able to look great, to do great music videos, great performances, "normal" interviews (at least less awkward) and she could still be happier and better overall. If you're a true fan, independently of if you liked BJ or not, you should still be happy about all the other great things we had during that era (if we consider it ended with PG), and each year has just gotten better.

I've never posted here before, but I just felt suddenly compelled to with this topic. I know that if you're on here, especially if you've grown up with her, you realise how special she is, as a person and as an artist. You don't forget what captured you in the first place. 

She deserves to preserve her legacy as she chooses. 
I really don't think it's comparable to following a random celebrity or even any other singer.. i always think of parallels to other artists that have been around for the duration of someone's lifetime though. it holds a very big significance, it's just a fact of looking up to someone when you're young and watching their growth. Her music and her image to me are not always exactly one and the same but they do go hand in hand, and i look at an era overall and how it makes me feel. More importantly, without knowing her personally if she seems content. 

Britney has always brought quality to the industry, and her gorgeous personality. BJ (era wise) had some clear highlights. I don't listen to BJ often, but I absolutely made the most of that album, made it enjoyable by singing along to it with my partner, and respected her and continued to love her just as much as I ever have. I don't overlook things such as production etc. but with her I make a choice to keep supporting and keep watching for the next project. Maybe things happened outside of her control but I 100% made the best of it as a person who pays for her art and still supports her.

idk, that's what being a fan is to me. I get disappointment. I understand it and I feel frustrated sometimes. That's literally only because I'm so invested though. I love seeing her.

Make Me is exactly what I wanted from her and enough for me to excitedly wait for the album. She seems happy. I want the album and visuals as much as anyone, I'm very impatient like everyone. But I'm going to do what I've always done, and appreciate her.