We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

I came out of fan retirement for you, Britney Jean...

...and so have a lot of other people, so you better not disappoint this time around. This is do or die. There is no in-between. Either dedicate yourself entirely to this project and promote it properly or don't bother at all.

I've been a fan since the very beginning, so I practically grew up with her music. And then the Britney Jean mess happened and I stopped being a fan. I was really disappointed, but after seeing her performance at the BBMAs a couple of months ago I was so pleasantly surprised to see the old Britney back again and then Make Me came out and I became a fan again. I really love the song and I hope she does as well and that she will do right by it, because this song doesn't deserve to tank. It's too good. The lack of promotion bothers me too, but I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt since the song is only two weeks old and has apparently been rush-released. Hopefully she'll do some major promo next week (someone mentioned that the Australian radio interview will most likely be about her lingerie collection which apparently just came out over there) and I truly hope that the rumors about the music video getting scrapped/LaChapelle removing himself from it are false and that it comes out soon. I will remain positive for now and will continue streaming and requesting the song, as should all of you. The fans can only do so much, the rest is up to her and her team. The GP will support her, but she has to put in work.

46 minutes ago, Santiago said:

732.gif

I'm ready.

2 minutes ago, WilderWein said:

Okay, some people take being a fan way too seriously. If i don't like something she does, i just don't like it. That's all. 

Like I said, I will remain positive and help the song as much as I can. And of course you're entitled to your opinion and it's your prerogative (no pun intended) to not like certain things she does. I don't like some of it either, but I'm hoping for the best. Promo is about to start next week and hopefully it'll help boost the song. I don't take being a fan too seriously, but I'd like to see her succeed and prove to people once again that she's still got it and that she isn't just some nostalgia act. Is that so bad?

The funny thing about these stories is how you "were a fan since the beginning" and stopped being a fan til Britney Jean. Like, if you didn't stop being  a fan during Blackout, how could anything else stop you? :beynah: Then the FF era :ehidk: Or you're gonna tell me that you became a fan of hers because of her promo schedules? :huh: And don't come here with the Miah Marie bs, 'cause Britney ain't no Milli Vanilli and a true fan should know that. 

If you were a true fan, and you really stuck with Britney through her worst times, you would appreciate the good things the BJ era had, the change and improvement in her personality during interviews, her performance level at the POM show, which, at its worst, was still a million times better than the FFT, and has just kept getting better all these years. And WB was the best video she did since IUSA or so. Or if you told me you're only fan of the music itself, I could understand that you don't care about the person, and only about the product she sells, and everybody has different tastes, so it would be understandable if you didn't like her last album. But then, as that other user said, you just don't like it, and that's it, you move on. You just forget about it and wait for the next thing, or if it was so bad for you, you just go away and don't ever give a damn about Britney or her music again.

So enough with the BJ bashing, because if it was that bad you wouldn't be here expecting something from her. She didn't promote Blackout at all except for that radio "interview" and the only live performance she did was the worst of her career, just like the music videos she released, and I don't see anybody complaining about that (probably because all the people that gave up on Britney during that era, they really did it and stopped checking her stuff, and most of current fans for some weird reason became fans because of Blackout)

18 minutes ago, Pokémon Spears said:

The funny thing about these stories is how you "were a fan since the beginning" and stopped being a fan til Britney Jean. Like, if you didn't stop being  a fan during Blackout, how could anything else stop you? :beynah: Then the FF era :ehidk: Or you're gonna tell me that you became a fan of hers because of her promo schedules? :huh: And don't come here with the Miah Marie bs, 'cause Britney ain't no Milli Vanilli and a true fan should know that. 

If you were a true fan, and you really stuck with Britney through her worst times, you would appreciate the good things the BJ era had, the change and improvement in her personality during interviews, her performance level at the POM show, which, at its worst, was still a million times better than the FFT, and has just kept getting better all these years. And WB was the best video she did since IUSA or so. Or if you told me you're only fan of the music itself, I could understand that you don't care about the person, and only about the product she sells, and everybody has different tastes, so it would be understandable if you didn't like her last album. But then, as that other user said, you just don't like it, and that's it, you move on. You just forget about it and wait for the next thing, or if it was so bad for you, you just go away and don't ever give a damn about Britney or her music again.

So enough with the BJ bashing, because if it was that bad you wouldn't be here expecting something from her. She didn't promote Blackout at all except for that radio "interview" and the only live performance she did was the worst of her career, just like the music videos she released, and I don't see anybody complaining about that (probably because all the people that gave up on Britney during that era, they really did it and stopped checking her stuff, and most of current fans for some weird reason became fans because of Blackout)

Dude, take a deep breath and relax. You're getting mad for no reason. Seriously, it's not that deep. Yes, I stopped being a fan because 1) the music sucked 2) it wasn't even her singing most of the time and we all know it 3) she was awkward, had no drive, no passion and she seemed lost. I just didn't like that era and everything that came with it. But like I said, I love the new song and I love how hands on she seems this time around, so excuse me for rooting for her and wishing her success.

I'm not obsessing over her and I don't follow her every move, you and many others do that on a daily basis. That's the problem, because some of you seem to live vicariously through her. I'm solely here for the music. Everything else that comes with it is a bonus. I don't care about the charts, but I do care about her as a person and entertainer and it would be a shame if she ruined her legacy that she's worked so hard to build. Nobody's expecting her to promote like she did back in the day. We all know why she didn't promote Blackout, no need to bring that up again. I'd love to see some passion, drive and overall dedication for this era. 

35 minutes ago, Get Me A Drink Bitch said:

No shade, but at your age you shouldn't be stanning popstars regardless of how good they are 

See, that's the thing, I'm not a stan. I've never stanned for anyone in my entire life. I have better things to do than dedicate my entire existence to a musician or an entertainer, unlike some of you. I'm simply a fan. Age has nothing to do with it. That's like saying Madonna fans who grew up listening to her music shouldn't be fans anymore because they're considered too old. Music is timeless. Will you stop being a fan when you hit 30? You'll be "too old" by then too.

By the way:

InterestsBritney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney

Those are your interests. No shade, but you need to find some new hobbies. At your age, however old you may be, stanning for a pop star and obsessing over her is not healthy.

18 hours ago, 1985 said:

...and so have a lot of other people, so you better not disappoint this time around. This is do or die. There is no in-between. Either dedicate yourself entirely to this project and promote it properly or don't bother at all.

I've been a fan since the very beginning, so I practically grew up with her music. And then the Britney Jean mess happened and I stopped being a fan. I was really disappointed, but after seeing her performance at the BBMAs a couple of months ago I was so pleasantly surprised to see the old Britney back again and then Make Me came out and I became a fan again. I really love the song and I hope she does as well and that she will do right by it, because this song doesn't deserve to tank. It's too good. The lack of promotion bothers me too, but I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt since the song is only two weeks old and has apparently been rush-released. Hopefully she'll do some major promo next week (someone mentioned that the Australian radio interview will most likely be about her lingerie collection which apparently just came out over there) and I truly hope that the rumors about the music video getting scrapped/LaChapelle removing himself from it are false and that it comes out soon. I will remain positive for now and will continue streaming and requesting the song, as should all of you. The fans can only do so much, the rest is up to her and her team. The GP will support her, but she has to put in work.

I been a fan since 1999 too so I definitely get it!

Brit is getting out more & more performing at festivals and award shows.... Her lil quick interviews on E! And ET ... Brit looks to be doing her part however her team idk about them

1 hour ago, 1985 said:

See, that's the thing, I'm not a stan. I've never stanned for anyone in my entire life. I have better things to do than dedicate my entire existence to a musician or an entertainer, unlike some of you. I'm simply a fan. Age has nothing to do with it. That's like saying Madonna fans who grew up listening to her music shouldn't be fans anymore because they're considered too old. Music is timeless. Will you stop being a fan when you hit 30? You'll be "too old" by then too.

By the way:

InterestsBritney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney, Britney

Those are your interests. No shade, but you need to find some new hobbies. At your age, however old you may be, stanning for a pop star and obsessing over her is not healthy.

nnnnnn

Not you tryna read with that. That's just admiration. I have other interests lol. And yes stanning pop stars even at 30 is weird af.

Sis, did u really think I did :britdrown:

I became a big fan during the pre-BJ Era, around the Oh La God release date,

I didn't know about Britney Spears much back then, but I got hooked and she became a big part of my life :scalped:

Brenda Jordana was my first purchased album ever tho  gretchi.gif

Once I played it in front of all my class mates :shadelaugh:

Everybody was jamming to Work Myah and Body Cancer :drinky:

20 hours ago, 1985 said:

4 hours ago, 1985 said:

Dude, take a deep breath and relax. You're getting mad for no reason. Seriously, it's not that deep. Yes, I stopped being a fan because 1) the music sucked 2) it wasn't even her singing most of the time and we all know it 3) she was awkward, had no drive, no passion and she seemed lost. I just didn't like that era and everything that came with it. But like I said, I love the new song and I love how hands on she seems this time around, so excuse me for rooting for her and wishing her success.

I'm not obsessing over her and I don't follow her every move, you and many others do that on a daily basis. That's the problem, because some of you seem to live vicariously through her. I'm solely here for the music. Everything else that comes with it is a bonus. I don't care about the charts, but I do care about her as a person and entertainer and it would be a shame if she ruined her legacy that she's worked so hard to build. Nobody's expecting her to promote like she did back in the day. We all know why she didn't promote Blackout, no need to bring that up again. I'd love to see some passion, drive and overall dedication for this era. 

You say you care just about the music, then why are you expecting her to do promo? If you don't care about the charts, why are you expecting her to do promo.... You're contradicting yourself here... If you cared about the music, you should be thankful she's providing quality with this new album unlike with BJ. She clearly doesn't care about "ruining her legacy", and she won't do "major promo" or more promo than she did with BJ. Just to say, I hated BJ too, but it didn't affect me bc besides the music everything else was better than the FF era and now everything is better than the BJ era (except for promo). Just enjoy the music/upcoming performances and that's it :plzney:

2 hours ago, OCBoy1985 said:

I been a fan since 1999 too so I definitely get it!

Brit is getting out more & more performing at festivals and award shows.... Her lil quick interviews on E! And ET ... Brit looks to be doing her part however her team idk about them

Exactly. She lost many fans during the last era and she needs to gradually make her way up, little by little to win them and the GP back. People keep criticizing her team, but surely it can't be all their fault, can it? Maybe Britney herself doesn't want to work that much. They can't force her to do something she doesn't want to do. I don't blame her, to be honest. I would love to see her take full control over this project and really show people that she's not some incompetent talentless bimbo, though. Her team could promote the music without Britney actually being present, so I honestly don't understand why they don't use social media to their advantage. A Q&A on tumblr, a tweet and a few posts on Instagram aren't enough to get the GPs attention. JKL is up next, so we'll see what happens.

And some of the people here need to relax and understand that not all criticism is ill-willed. Just because someone doesn't worship Britney and sometimes disagrees with the things she does, doesn't mean they're haters or that they aren't real fans.

1 hour ago, Get Me A Drink Bitch said:

nnnnnn

Not you tryna read with that. That's just admiration. I have other interests lol. And yes stanning pop stars even at 30 is weird af.

Seems more like obsession to me. Good to know you'll stop obsessing and stanning when you hit 30. Now go away.

A5Evp.gif