We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

herspell

The Rebel Heart Era was a FLOP! But Madonna still Did a Full Era For Her Fans

I was just thinking how Madonna (57 years old) gave her fans a FULL era despite her album and singles flopping.

The lead single "Living For Love" failed to chart on Billboard, she still promoted it in Italy performing in a show, she also performed it in France and in the U.K, then performed it at the Grammys and at the Brit Awards. 

The lead lead single flopping didn't stop her, she released the fan-favorite "Ghosttown" and released a beautiful video, and performed it on Ellen and at the IheartRadio awards.

Then, right before the tour she released a 3rd single and performed it on Jimmy Fallon to get her fans excited for the world tour. 

Then while on tour, she did a free show for her Australian fans with a total different setlist as a thank you for being loyal so many years.

I want Britney to be just like that, to care about her art and her fans. If Madonna at almost 60 can go hard like that why can't Britney who is half of Madonna's age can't give us a proper full era?

I known Britney CAN do it. She just needs passion and ambition again.

Britneys team always gives up after the singles flop. I hope this time they don't care about the charts and let Britney release the songs she wants.

I loved rebel heart and that whole era all together.  Madonna was so involved and she atleast showed she cared. One of her better albums she's done since the last few years.  Love living for love  ghosttown hold tite and Joan of arc.  Masterpiece 

but thats madonna. she is known for her hard work.

britney is just lazy. every1 knows that. 
i mean madonna is 60 years old and more energic than britney.
jlo is way older than brit and she definelty dance x10000 better than britney 'now'.
and they both promote very hard and they have kids and they are MOMS.

so basically, brit just doesnt care. i dont even think she wanna be in the business tho. 

Britney doesn't want this life anymore us fans are forcing her to keep going by showing demand for her. She just want to show up to ph a few times every other month and raise her kids. She tried self sabotaging her career with bj already 

50 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I don't think Britney would even flop if she tried. 

its literally because she doesn't try. 

only this, tbh.

and Living For Love may flopped but it is a gay anthem instantly. it's a great song!

Just now, Maryy said:

only this, tbh.

and Living For Love may flopped but it is a gay anthem instantly. it's a great song!

Rebel Heart is an amazing album. It flopped because of the media and the ageism that happened 

4 minutes ago, onyx09 said:

Britney doesn't want this life anymore us fans are forcing her to keep going by showing demand for her. She just want to show up to ph a few times every other month and raise her kids. She tried self sabotaging her career with bj already 

Then she should retire and just keep her perfumes and stuff,we aren't "forcing her" if she only "Likes to perfom in Vegas" that won't last either, if she keeps treating her fans like this, they will give up and don't even bother to go to Vegas and she will fail horribly there too. 

So I don't get what she's looking for, if she likes to perform why treat the people who pay the tickets like this? If she doesn't care anymore why keep faking it? Just retire, both sides win. 

I actually think Britney doesn't promote because she doesn't want fame anymore. She'd perform like in 2000 if she was thirsty for it, but honestly, all she wants is to leave the industry and have a "normal" life with her kids imo.

6 minutes ago, Youll Have To Wait And See said:

Then she should retire and just keep her perfumes and stuff,we aren't "forcing her" if she only "Likes to perfom in Vegas" that won't last either, if she keeps treating her fans like this, they will give up and don't even bother to go to Vegas and she will fail horribly there too. 

So I don't get what she's looking for, if she likes to perform why treat the people who pay the tickets like this? If she doesn't care anymore why keep faking it? Just retire, both sides win. 

How about being more focused on the music than on charts.

7 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

How about being more focused on the music than on charts.

Do you think Britney cares about her music? I rather not to get anything from her than get something she's forced to do by her contract just to keep us shut. 

7 minutes ago, Daxx said:

I actually think Britney doesn't promote because she doesn't want fame anymore. She'd perform like in 2000 if she was thirsty for it, but honestly, all she wants is to leave the industry and have a "normal" life with her kids imo.

I wish she could do that soon. I hope she can be free soon and we could just move on too.

Just now, Youll Have To Wait And See said:

Do you think Britney cares about her music? I rather not to get anything from her than something she's forced to do by her contract just to keep us shut. 

I wish she could do that soon. I hope she can be free soon and we could just move on too.

She doesn't have to retire just cause you tell her too

I wouldn't call the rebel heart era a flop.

Sure, the singles didn't do very well and the album underperformed and was her first one to not go number 1 since 1998 but a lot of that had to do with all the tragic leaks and a lot of media being straight up ageist. The tour did very well and sold out at least 99% of tickets if not 100% and grossed $170 million and pushed her to the #3 spot for top touring artists of all time behind only The Rolling Stones and U2. She's also the only woman in the top 6. The RH era was very successful.

Now when it comes to Britney, you are never going to get ITZ level of promotion ever again. Just deal with it and enjoy the fact that she's making good music (Make Me is a fucking great song so don't come for it just because it didn't debut at number 1 with 600k sales first week), enjoy that she is performing with the most conviction she has had in YEARS since she got to Vegas and enjoy that she genuinely seems to be very content and happy with her life. If good music, good performing and her happiness are not enough to keep you happy, then just move the f**k on. 

5 minutes ago, fanta fanta said:

She doesn't have to retire just cause you tell her too

Typical response, "she won't promote because you tell her to" "she won't care about her career because you tell her to" 

Enough, it's not like I think Britney would even notice me, I'm just stating my opinion and what I feel it's good for her because she clearly doesn't care anymore, she looks so bored when she is talking to us, everything is forced, I would love to see her happy if it's that what she wants. 

Live a normal life with her kids. I will be just happy and let her go, she doesn't have to work in the industry if she doesn't want to, just leave and be free and happy that's all I want.