We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Lord Bills

You guys need's to read this.

Recommended Posts

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/08/arts/music/is-britney-spears-ready-to-stand-on-her-own.html

Ms. Spears’s team presents her onstage as fully in control, and backstage, as the mastermind of her show, an artist in top form. But that view seems at odds with the conclusions routinely drawn about her at probate court in Los Angeles, where an undisclosed mental illness and substance abuse led her family to take action in 2008.

Ms. Spears cannot make key decisions, personal or financial, without the approval of her conservators: her father, Jamie Spears, and a lawyer, Andrew M. Wallet. Her most mundane purchases, from a drink at Starbucks to a song on iTunes, are tracked in court documents as part of the plan to safeguard the great fortune she has earned but does not ultimately control.

 

While the conservators are widely credited with rescuing Ms. Spears’s career — and her life — her apparent stability and success could belie the need for continuing restrictions.

for her, the conservatorship has become an accepted fact of life — not a cage but a protective bubble that allows her to worry about her true passions: music and her children.

As long as she is bringing in so much money and as long as the lawyers and conservators are getting paid, there is little incentive to end it,” said Elaine Renoire, president of the National Association to Stop Guardian Abuse    

 

 

 

that's it, bye :Arianabye:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, originalblonde said:

The Nancy's are in full effect tonight.  Her team needs to release the damn video to shut them up.

i don't care about the video, enjoy the music :myjam:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Britney quietly not promoting and not trying is her trying to make the conservatorship stop?

She clearly doesn't need it anymore. If crazy ass Amanda Bynes who was actully dangerous was able to get out of her conservatorship after a few weeks, I dont see why Britney is still in hers. It's 100% about the money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, nels64 said:

Maybe Britney quietly not promoting and not trying is her trying to make the conservatorship stop?

She clearly doesn't need it anymore. If crazy ass Amanda Bynes who was actully dangerous was able to get out of her conservatorship after a few weeks, I dont see why Britney is still in hers. It's 100% about the money. 

Amanda was placed back in it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

Amanda was placed back in it though.

And Amanda is way more apeshit crazy, so that was inevitable. Didn't she light her dog on fire?:dontlike:

It's been almost 10 years. Who is in need of constant sheltering for that long besides a child. And the fact that she was talked into thinking it's okay and not in anyway oppressive. Like she has to ask to buy a damn $1.29 song on iTunes as a 34 year old woman with 2 kids and apparently no mental slip ups in 6 years? It's obviously for the money, because if Britney flips em' off, they aren't in control of the fortune and great treasure Britney rightfully made herself:brityeah:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nels64 said:

Maybe Britney quietly not promoting and not trying is her trying to make the conservatorship stop?

She clearly doesn't need it anymore. If crazy ass Amanda Bynes who was actully dangerous was able to get out of her conservatorship after a few weeks, I dont see why Britney is still in hers. It's 100% about the money. 

Maybe she still really needs the conservatorship? We don't know her or what exactly is going on in her life so we can't decide how she feels about it. 

She has so much more energy nowadays, outwardly happy, so why change anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, breatheonher said:

And Amanda is way more apeshit crazy, so that was inevitable. Didn't she light her dog on fire?:dontlike:

It's been almost 10 years. Who is in need of constant sheltering for that long besides a child. And the fact that she was talked into thinking it's okay and not in anyway oppressive. Like she has to ask to buy a damn $1.29 song on iTunes as a 34 year old woman with 2 kids and apparently no mental slip ups in 6 years? It's obviously for the money, because if Britney flips em' off, they aren't in control of the fortune and great treasure Britney rightfully made herself:brityeah:

She doesn't need to ask for permission for every purchase. The media always blows everything out of proportion. She gets a monthly allowance to spend on and if she needs more, she has to ask the courts and conservator for permission. We saw candids of her shopping by herself and buying tons of sh!t, did that mean she had to call Jamie every time she is about to buy starbucks? That's ridiculous. They paint her like a child but she's out and about doing this on her own. If you think she's sheltered now, its no different than in the old days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Doomsday said:

Amanda was placed back in it though.

Was she? Well that's good to know. Last I heard she was free. 

Regardless in Amanda's case it's both her parents looking out for her wellbeing. 

In Britney's case it's very blatantly obvious that everyone involved, even potentially her father, are all in it for the money and to secure a paycheck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

She doesn't need to ask for permission for every purchase. The media always blows everything out of proportion. She gets a monthly allowance to spend on and if she needs more, she has to ask the courts and conservator for permission. We saw candids of her shopping by herself and buying tons of sh!t, did that mean she had to call Jamie every time she is about to buy starbucks? That's ridiculous. They paint her like a child but she's out and about doing this on her own. If you think she's sheltered now, its no different than in the old days.

I didn't really say ask every time, because I'm aware she doesn't. I just think it's ridiculous she even needs to ask and have it monitered. Again, she's a 34 year old woman with children and no apparent mental slip ups in the last 6 years. She's behaving just fine publicly and was able to attend stressful things like a court case. I do think they overdramaticize something, and that is her mental stability, because they have hold of Britney Spears' fortune and they aren't just gonna let that go. It's blatantly obvious. 10 extra years of custody is unnecessary regardless of past conditions in the conservatorship:cigney:

One thing Britney clearly doesn't like is not being in control of everything she does based on her whole rebellious stage, so I highly doubt the fact that she's just completely okay with it. It doesn't take 10 years, a very long time, to heal emotionally and mentally. She would be in a mental institution if it really hit her that hard. So at this point it's a bit oppressive if they aren't planning to end it pretty soon here. They can still have a watchful eye if her father just lived with her, but it's seriously unnecessary. Not having a full right to things that she earned with her hard work is ridiculous:drinky:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.