We see you're not registered!

By creating an account on Exhale, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

david lachapelle

is BJ really that bad?

BJ is not that bad, but yes it is a pretty bad album, it has no identity of its own and is basically a mess in terms of production. Plus most of the songs sound really dated aaand don't get me started on Myah Marie. f**k Will.u.stop tbh :grimace: PS: WB remains flawless and unbothered

Btw I deleted Passenger and replaced it with this one

Now THIS is Britney Spears singing :brityeah:

Yes it's her weakest album, but it has some nice songs too..

My personal opinion...

Best: 

Perfume,

Brightest Morning Star,

Til It's Gone,

Don't Cry.

50/50:

Chillin' With You,

Passenger,

Tik Tik Boom,

Body Ache,

Hold On Tight,

Alien.

Worst songs:

Work Bitch,

It Should Be Easy

There are a couple of rough songs, but overall, I actually enjoyed the album's individual songs. This is not a cohesive album, which, for me, was the biggest issue. I had high hopes for it because I liked both of the first two singles. I actually think that Perfume is a fantastic song. Thematically I thought Passenger, Now That I Found You, Hold On Tight, and Alien are wonderful for the "personal" album that Britney tried to pass this off as. They may sound a bit too religious for some, but that's Britney for you. 

Regardless of vocals, it's missing a GREAT standout song. Every other Britney album has multiple standout songs. Britney Jean has songs that have potential to be great with more work but aren't. 

In short, yes. It's legitimately scarring to have to experience that album as a Britney stan.

-Production is dated and technically messy

-Britney is rarely in it

-Melodies are weak

-Vocal production (on both girls) is atrocious.

It could've have been an okay album if those were rectified and wil.u.not was less hands on but even that isn't good enough for someone with a discography such as Britney's.

:Arianabye:

Yes it really is that bad, it's just over all so generic and lacks that Britney charm.......she almost doesn't even seem present on the album! With that being said it wasn't a total pile of sh!t there are a few good tracks (Perfume, Don't Cry, Hold On Tight, Alien) and some okish tracks (CWY, BMS, WB) and the album art is flawless she looks so beautiful in the booklet......I do wish they had chosen the Perfume single cover shot as the album cover pic though! 

It's probably one of the weakest album of hers, but still a good album if compared to some from other artists. What turned Britney Jean into a weak album was the dated sound and well... Myah

11 hours ago, ...oops! said:

if you compare it to her other albums, BJ definitely does seem the weakest. but on it's own, it's not that bad as some people make it out to be in my opinion (when you delete 'chillin with you' of course.)

do you think it's that bad? is it in your music library? :makeitrain:

Yes it's awful, and I mostly blame Will.I.Die and Myah for it :NYschool:

I think it sounds unfinished. Like there is no bridge in almost every song, it just sounds like she recorded the verses and the chorus once and after the second verse it's copy and paste... :( 

i think most of the songs could've been good If it would've been actually good produced. Body Ache for example - the 1. Verse is very good, the 2. Verse is horrible, there is no bridge, no adlips, after the 2. chorus it's just copy and paste, which destroyed that song (for me). 

13 hours ago, ...oops! said:

if you compare it to her other albums, BJ definitely does seem the weakest. but on it's own, it's not that bad as some people make it out to be in my opinion (when you delete 'chillin with you' of course.)

do you think it's that bad? is it in your music library? :makeitrain:

It's not that bad tbqh. I listen to it on a regular basis :tbh: 

The problem with the album is that it doesn't hold together (I'm excluding the fact that Britney's voice was just a suggestion in some songs):4music1:

Her previous albums were so solid cause they were cohesive but BJ had two very different directions musically

I do enjoy the album, the personal themes are actually there but you can't really feel it cause one minute she is talking about her loneliness in this world and then she is talking about a maserati... or the drastic pace changes from her singing about being cheated on and then about being raped and murdered in a horrible song by will.i.flop (seriously hate that one) :britwtf3:

In order for me to enjoy it I divide it in to different folders to go with the mood of the sound

1: Alien, Perfume (Dreaming mix), Passenger, CWY, Don't Cry, BMS, HOT (I have NTIFY in this folder cause of the lyrics and positive feeling of the song):orly:

2: Work Bitch, TTB, TIG (and ISBE and BA if you are feeling basic):awks:

Stop all the hate towards BJ, it's not her best but it still holds it's own:truthtea:

I like it ;)

the thing with britney jean is that it should've been an EP, with like 6 or 7 cost.. eh songs. it should've been available for like $5 and i am sure as hell it would've smashed.

01. work bitch
02. perfume
03. it should be easy
04. alien
05. hold on tight
06. brightest morning star
07. now that i found you (iTunes exclusive bonus track)

smth to keep the fans happy while being out in vegas and preparing for a full length 8th studio album.